Bicyclettes

canice

Guest youkinorn
What crank you gots?

the doodoo truvativ ones that came on my Madison. Pretty sure I've determined that it's a 130mm bcd.

Trying to decide whether or not to ditch the whole crankset or just switch the chainring for now. I'm about to move back to Austin for school so I want to figure out what sort of gearing I will want on the hills around there.

I'm thinking I may go 44-18 or something.

Guest youkinorn
i'm pretty sure the tektro levers will fit them.

That's what I was thinking, but I'm now pretty sure they won't. I might be able to get some sort of shim-type plug that would make them fit, but I'm not sure about that, either

I may just throw a non bar-end lever on ( http://www.benscycle.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=188_482&products_id=3291 ) and paint white to make it less noticeable since I'm ordering white tape.

^^ bikeforums.net has a singlespeed/fixed gear subforum.

here is a crappy cell phone pic of my almost complete bike. bikes ended up costing much more than you expect..

34e4xmt.jpg

still waiting on my seatpost collar (30.0mm is nearly impossible to find in-store) and im gonna ride a brake probably with a flat bar until i can find appropriate track drops (road drops came with the stem from a friend)

i want to spend at least under 200. I dont have a job and I just want a cheap, used, fixie to fool around with

also, does anyone know a good forum that is dedicated for fixies?

you best getting a conversion or something and then fucking around with that.. its a big hit to put down 500+ on a bike... but it hink if you stick to it long time you're bound to invest more and more money into it.

just like any hobby, gotta put in money to keep up the hobby

the doodoo truvativ ones that came on my Madison. Pretty sure I've determined that it's a 130mm bcd.

Trying to decide whether or not to ditch the whole crankset or just switch the chainring for now. I'm about to move back to Austin for school so I want to figure out what sort of gearing I will want on the hills around there.

I'm thinking I may go 44-18 or something.

If they cranks is's's's's ISIS interface, bail. Mine used to come loose all the time, the BB unthreaded and only lasted a month anyway. If it's integrated BB/spindle, keeps.

You'll want 44/17. Trust!

Is there an easy way for me to find parts that fit my bike online? I'm new to bike modification but I've been modifying my cars since I got one, and I'm so used to going on a website, clicking through a couple menus that ask about my car and then finding every part that fits my car. I have a pista, by the way.

Is there an easy way for me to find parts that fit my bike online? I'm new to bike modification but I've been modifying my cars since I got one, and I'm so used to going on a website, clicking through a couple menus that ask about my car and then finding every part that fits my car. I have a pista, by the way.

as far as i know, no site has a system like that.

my recommendation would be to check out the stock components listed on Bianchi's site for the Pista, to get an idea for the size specifications of the different parts.

additionally, check out other people's pistas on velospace.org. It's a pretty common bike and often upgraded, so you can see which parts people usually select.

have a local bike shop? I usually find that although prices can be slightly higher than online retailers, they make up the difference in customer service. You won't get stuck with a part that doesn't work, and they'll make great recommendations based on your needs/budget!

you have a 1" fork.

if you still got stock, you have a spindle bracket so if you upgrade to a crankset. you have to most likely get a new bb.

threadless all around.

chain is 3/8s

just ask and i got you.

If they cranks is's's's's ISIS interface, bail. Mine used to come loose all the time, the BB unthreaded and only lasted a month anyway. If it's integrated BB/spindle, keeps.

You'll want 44/17. Trust!

word on ISIS bb

traded out my FSA cranks and BB for new sugino 75! and njs sugino BB!

pics when i get my camera back from my pops

and nay on that gear ratio

52x19

nuff for speed

nuff for those very cool but cliche whip skids

edit: didnt read that the guy wanted a gear ration for hills

my badzzzzzzz