Bicyclettes

canice

i'm gonna be doing a triathlon in a few weeks. anyone here ever race and have any tips, this is actually gonna be my first race involving cycling and pretty anything will be helpful. I already know my bike ( fixed) is gonna look out of place.

thanks

A triathlon, on a fixed wheel!? I salute you.

My tri advice would be to survive the swim. Then if its your first time in any cycle race suck as many wheels as you can. http://www.teamabsolut.net/wisdom/zen.htm

But for more useful race advice perhaps hit up something like: http://forum.220magazine.com/

i did a mini triathalon a year and a half ago and they wouldn't let me use my track bike because it had no brakes. it was a 1200 swim, 15 mile bike, 5k. the swim and ride were no big deal... not as bad as i thought, then i ate shit and died on the run.

some questions.

i'm gonna be doing a triathlon in a few weeks. anyone here ever race and have any tips, this is actually gonna be my first race involving cycling and pretty anything will be helpful. I already know my bike ( fixed) is gonna look out of place.

thanks

i did escape from alcatraz on my fuji. i would sugest a front break to slow down to make turns, trying to slow down with back pressure will tire you out fast. and if they catch u skiding they will throw you out.

also keep ypur gear inches between 70 to 80 anything below 70 is to easy and u could spin out to quicky and anything above 80 is too beefy.

and get aerobars. they are worth it. you can just get the $40 profile clip on stuff

I had a pretty bad day on my bike today. First of all, I had two flats so I went down to the bike shop, bought two new tubes, put those babies on and went for a ride. So I'm on the ride downtown feeling my new tubes and adjustments I made when I start approaching my street, I'm in the bike lane and PFFFHHHH blown tube. Oh no, not only the tube the fucking tire had a nice hole in it too. I brake, turn around and check what I hit. To my amazement, a rusted fucking metal shard that came from god knows where, some inconsiderate cunt threw out of his piece of shit lifted truck. Fuck the asshole who live in my town. By the end of the day, I had spent almost 70 dollars on repairing my bike. Thanks douchebags.

Hey guys...I'm thinking about buying a tri-frame (Kestrel km40), since I'd like to start running triathlons by next summer. Before I turn this into a fulnl blown tri, I'm thinking of doing a fixie on it. I'd have to go down to 650c wheels, risk dinging a full carbon frame, etc., but should I do it anyway?

I'm just hoping a bunch of people tell me "no" so that I can move on with my life.

ya, i agree on the stem too. I guess it's pretty much stock except for the bars/stem, i'm really psyched on having the whole groupo for my bike. the kid races for the MIT team, so its more of a form over function thing, but it's really well taken care of too except for a loose back hub. wish the frame fit me...o well. to ebay it goes

BIKES!

Nice frame.

Do you live in Seattle? I could have sworn I saw that white bike downtown. Or at least one that looks almost exactly like it.

I want that frame!

I do too! haha, im pissed it doesn't fit. It also sucks because a couple people want to buy it from me, and I totally would rather private sale over ebay, but they go for a pretty high amount on ebay that i really can't pass up...last one went for like $560 i think

haha, i wish. i drained my account to get that bike, and i'll hopefully be able to sell the frame and make back most of it so i can pay rent. Eddie Bauer has been pretty good to me this month with hours, so i was able to part with the cash for a little while

ktothe: nope, im in boston :)

FS: KHS Aero Track frame/fork

i'm selling this 2001(?) KHS aero track. I bought it to fix up thinking it was only a bit smaller than the one i ride now (a size larger), but it is definitely way too small. frame is straight and has not been wrecked. i bought it from the original owner about a month ago who had started to strip it to do a repaint. i started to finish that up about a week ago. there are some small spots of surface rust that has shown up since i started to try and strip the rest of the paint, which would be easily removed in a sandblast without any issues. aside from that, its ready to get painted and ridden!

tt - 55.5cm

st - 51 c-c, 55 c-t (virtual... center of bb shell to center/top, not actual linear length of curved tube)

khs1.jpg

looking for ~$300 for the frame/fork unpainted, ~$500 after i get it painted or coated and install a new headset. freight will be less than $40 in the lower 48. will probably stick it on ebay for maximum dollarage at that point.

PM me if you're interested.

just got a new ride for spring, mercier kilo tt. stock parts are decent but i'm still going to get nitto bullhorns and maybe deep-vs. i'd really like a rear aerospoke but i am way broke from buying jeans. :\

just got a new ride for spring, mercier kilo tt. stock parts are decent but i'm still going to get nitto bullhorns and maybe deep-vs. i'd really like a rear aerospoke but i am way broke from buying jeans. :\

IMO what you should upgrade right away is, at the very least, the pedals, the rear wheel, and stem. Double check that the headset is tight / greased, same w/ the bottom bracket.