Bicyclettes

canice

Recently I purchased a pursuit frame...but the brand is "JB - Beasley" anyone have information about the brand??

How about http://www.beasleycycles.com.au/? John Beasley?

I guess that's the one, I'll take a better picture and send it to him see is it really made by Mr. Beasley....

Veryvery nice frame all cinelli lugs and BB shell...campanolo dropout.

I think bullhorns are my favorite all around. Lately I've been loving my risers because they offer a pretty upright position which is great for looking around traffic. Bullhorns give a lot of good hand positions (in the flats, on the corners, middle of the horn, end of the horn for being super duper aero) and it's prett yeasy to get to a BMX-style from any position if you have one mounted on the flats. This is my main problem with drops, they offer a lot of positions, but getting to a BMX lever from the drops is dicey. I also never really got used to skidding in drops, but I'm sure that's more because I never had them on for very long than it being inherently more difficult.

Get a hinged brake lever.

So I finally got a Thomson seatpost. 27.2x410, too fucking long so I decided to cut it to get rid of those extra grams. Started using my pipe cutter on it and the damn cutter broke. Now I have a 410mm post in my seattube w/ a halfway cut line in it. Damn it.

And I'm riding way-too-short-flat bars right now, waiting for my cheapo flat, black w/ white track grips.

And how much do you guys think it costs to get my steerer tube cut? I'm not liking the amount of spacers I got so I need to get about 1-1.5" cut off.

are there any decent bikes for ~500 or less on the market with flip-flop hubs, or are you mostly limited to single speed v. fixed?
Why people do not do any research bothers the hell out of me...

Flip-flop is has a side for a fixed cog + lockring and a side for a freewheel.

So yes, there are.

Bikes from www.bikesdirect.com are decent for about $300-$350.

Why people do not do any research bothers the hell out of me...

Flip-flop is has a side for a fixed cog + lockring and a side for a freewheel.

So yes, there are.

Bikes from www.bikesdirect.com are decent for about $300-$350.

thanks for the link.

i know what a flip-flop is, i just didn't know if it was strictly an aftermarket thing, or if they were available package bikes.

And how much do you guys think it costs to get my steerer tube cut? I'm not liking the amount of spacers I got so I need to get about 1-1.5" cut off.

Do it yourself? With a sharp hacksaw and a good file you'll be fine. If you're worried about keeping it straight buy some zip ties or heating hose collars. Attach them to the steerer and create a guide jig.

How much would it cost me to get the same advice for the fourth time from mlproject? I don't want to pay too much. Or I can do it myself... if anyone has instructions holler at me.

Did you ever flip the stem? For some reason I remember it looking like it had a lot of rise last time you put up photos. The Deda stem should look dope on there.

No this just come today, the old stem was a Deda Eleminti, but it was a road stem, and in the first photographs of this frame (about a year ago) had a seriously positive rise. Then I flipped it and the rise was what you saw in those last photographs.

The new Deda is track specific. 70 degrees, negative.

No this just come today, the old stem was a Deda Eleminti, but it was a road stem, and in the first photographs of this frame (about a year ago) had a seriously positive rise. Then I flipped it and the rise was what you saw in those last photographs.

The new Deda is track specific. 70 degrees, negative.

Yeah thats what I meant. New stem looks good though. That positive rise stem with the drop bars, not so much...

please do not fucking fix that.

If you dont' want a geared bike, sell it and buy a track bike.

Conversions don't bother me that much, because not everyone can drop money on legit track stuff, but taking a unique/classic/interesting bike meant to be geared and making it a fixed gear is not something I would ever consider.

please do not fucking fix that.

If you dont' want a geared bike, sell it and buy a track bike.

Conversions don't bother me that much, because not everyone can drop money on legit track stuff, but taking a unique/classic/interesting bike meant to be geared and making it a fixed gear is not something I would ever consider.

Got a track bike already.

I bought this frame because it looks damn unique, I probably sell it to some owner will build it into a nice roadies..Either way I didn't pull the bike apart...those wheels comes from my trackies.