Bicyclettes

canice

Getting these:

cranks_black_small.jpg

I just don't know whether to get 165 or 170. I've never ridden 165 before, would I notice a huge difference?

i went from 172.5 to 165 last summer and there is definitely a difference when you first start, but you won't notice after 2-3 rides.

I just picked up an early 90s Specialized Stumpjumper for a couple hundo. It has new cables, brakes, headset, handlebars, and some new Shimano shifters with the two-way release.

Anyway, the bike seems like it will make a good commuter. The solid steel frame does a great job absorbing the bumps in the road, and it's nice to have gears for some of the crazy hills I have to ride on. It's also fun passing fixed-gear-hipsters and urban traffic on a 15-year-old mountain bike. I may add some smoother tires for summer riding and was thinking about fenders for winter/rain.

Anyway, I'm pleased with the purchase. This bike should last for quite awhile. I'll probably pick up something more road/commuter oriented in the future, but this covers my "crappy weather/beater bike/light trail riding" category.

So I saw a 29er actually being ridden today. Shit is DA BOMB. Those wheels are insane haha.

I'd give the kid even more props if he wasn't riding on the sidewalk and actually rode on the road, but he did do a cool bunny hop down off the sidewalk, across the road, and another one over a snowbank/curb of the sidewalk on the other side.

He was riding a Raleigh 29er.

xxix_ss.jpg&thumb=0

Hit the trails, man. Single speed 29er's were out in full force last summer.

xc obviously?

i want one haha they look dope, i've got a 4 year old half taken apart rocky mountain in my basement and havent been ripping in at least 2 years, what are some good 29ers?

just drop ur stem by 2cm..will look mad.

AWWESOME dude...:D

I can't tell if you're joking or not... he should do whatevet fits him best.

Anyone know what kind of saddle this is or who makes it?

bikejc9.th.jpg

that lock is such a joke. look at the size of it compared to the supreme chain. Seat looks more like a normal slr.

Getting these:

cranks_black_small.jpg

I just don't know whether to get 165 or 170. I've never ridden 165 before, would I notice a huge difference?

I have the same ones (iro badged) in 165. My old bike had 170's. I can't notice a difference. I decided to get 165's though to prevent toe overlap. They're good cranks. I just don't understand why I would have to pay so much for nicer cranks, they all basically seem the same to me..

i dont know if many are interested in flatland/freestyle riding in this forum but ive been riding for about 10 years..this is my newest project i just got finished:

bikee-1.jpg

'87 dyno d-tour

GT blue soft grips

Dyno white seat

Dyno drainpipe seat post

GT stem

Dyno pretzel freestyle bars

GT six spoke old school mags

kenda blue tires, White GT alloy pedals

KMC blue and silver chain

Odyssey old school brakes and levers

Dyno 44 tooth chain wheel

Gt frame standers

GT fork standers

i dont know if many are interested in flatland/freestyle riding in this forum but ive been riding for about 10 years..this is my newest project i just got finished:

bikee-1.jpg

'87 dyno d-tour

GT blue soft grips

Dyno white seat

Dyno drainpipe seat post

GT stem

Gt frame standers

GT fork standers

nice dyno except the tires. you needs skin wall tires

Bike techs please help!

I am getting a weird spin out occasionally on my bike-- feels like the back wheel is skipping a little when i pedal hard. I noticed my wheels are slightly narrower than my old ones-- i tried adding some spacers but it doesnt help. any idea what it is? my chainline is straight, bolts are tight- any ideas?

xc obviously?

i want one haha they look dope, i've got a 4 year old half taken apart rocky mountain in my basement and havent been ripping in at least 2 years, what are some good 29ers?

on one: hardtail steel frame, horizontal dropout. Complete come with either SS or gears, sus or carbon fork.

http://www.on-one-shop.co.uk/acatalog/Scandal.html

why does everyone care about toeverlap? when is it even a problem? i wear XL clips and have size 12's with about an inch of it and it has never been an issue.

I hate toe overlap. I would always worry about making quick turns, and I've fallen hard twice because of it.

bikee-1.jpg

'87 dyno d-tour

GT blue soft grips

Dyno white seat

Dyno drainpipe seat post

GT stem