Bicyclettes

canice

First off, is that Fuji a tri frame? Second, $125 for shipping sounds a tad crazy, but packaging and all that other shit may get factored in. Tell him that if that's the shipping cost that you don't want to pay it. He can then contact the next highest bidder and sell it to him/her.

Na its a track bike its called the fuji track pro. I have one.

just got my new Bianchi Pista, basically brand new 2007 55cm.

Took it out for a ride - wow fixed gear is really different than regular bikes.

however, i tried replacing the handlebars and the screws (not really, but idk what they're called) wont move even w/ the right tools..

and when I ride, sometimes when im speeding up fast the crank almost "skips".. not sure what's up with that.

thanks!

just got my new Bianchi Pista for 400 bucks, basically brand new 2007 55cm.

Took it out for a ride - wow fixed gear is really different than regular bikes.

however, i tried replacing the handlebars and the screws (not really, but idk what they're called) wont move even w/ the right tools..

and when I ride, sometimes when im speeding up fast the crank almost "skips".. not sure what's up with that.

thanks!

as far as the bolts go. brute force it, just make sure you're going the right way.

and for the slipping, take it to a shop asap. sounds like a loose lock ring or cog, which can ruin your day/wheelset if the threads strip

PS check out what i got in the mail today

photo2pe8.jpg

The slipping from pedaling might be from lose bolts in your chainring, or like stated above, lockring/cog.

Happened to me last nite. Luckily, it was only the loose bolts in my chainring.

I need to strip my bike down, I hear a whole lot of mess inside the bottom bracket.

Came 3 feet from getting T-boned by a black truck. Dumbass didnt stop or slow down making a left turn, wen I had the right of way, to go straight.

Makes me wish I could shoot someone.

I'm new to fixies as well, but from my research The Hour is one of the better beginner bikes you can buy for the money. The frame's nice, some of the parts aren't the best quality but just upgrade as you go. I'm thinking of picking up one myself, either that or a Kilo TT is what I'm thinking at the moment. Anyone care to comment?

a bike should never be $124 to ship except for one case... he's taking it to a bike shop to have them disassemble and pack it. that's a total pisser if he is.

to ship a bike all you need are plastic fork things, a lot of pipe insulator, proper tools and a ton of newspaper and shit to fill out the rest of the box.

UPS ground for my complete steel 58cm bike from NYC to LA was $46. FedEx ground for a pista concept i just shipped w/ wheels from NYC to Berkley was $42.

if he's taking it to the shop to ship for $124, then that's his thing. i never told him to ship it that way. so i shouldn't have to pay that much. you are right.

i think he is getting a shop to disassemble it, because this was his reply to my email:

"I called the bike shop and they said a box would be 10" x 36" x 48". I had it in as 24 pounds just in case. I will check it at a lower weight.

Should I neg you? Hmm...

Its photoshopped. I recognized the pic.

Thats Massan.

Look past Kanyes fat head and youll see Massans face/cap photoshopped black.

I recognized the ride.

Plus if Kanye all of a sudden went from Lanvin to MASH Nike IDs, wow.

NEG ME!!!!!!!!!!

it's a fucking track bike

yaay that's my bike ^^

l_3738aea5ae82b6db2507bdd167bf24ab.jpg

frame is taking a fat beating , but still going strong. basically everything has been switched ou tby now except for the bb, headset, seatpost...

buying a leader frame for xmas :D this little windsor will become my rain bike

Need some help deciding this.

giropo9.jpg

This is the frame I'm still considering buying. Seat tube height is perfect, price is good, condition is excellent. Only thing holding me back really is that the site lists the top tube length at 55.5... I can't really tell from the picture if this is indeed an accurate measurement. Its possible the rider just had fucked up proportions I suppose.

But being 6'3 or so, I'm worried that i'll be way too cramped on this. I could deal with just having a longer stem, but I really don't want to drop the money for this and have it be not fun to ride.

So, in short. Do it take the risk and drop close to 600$ or do I save the money and use it elsewhere, whether on current bike or whatnot?

2 days to decide. Shiiiittt

if he's taking it to the shop to ship for $124, then that's his thing. i never told him to ship it that way. so i shouldn't have to pay that much. you are right.

i think he is getting a shop to disassemble it, because this was his reply to my email:

"I called the bike shop and they said a box would be 10" x 36" x 48". I had it in as 24 pounds just in case. I will check it at a lower weight.

as a shipper, its at his discretion to pack it however he wants to insure it'll get there safely. a "professional" (quotes are very necessary here) packing job provides that, but at a price.

as a buyer, you should have asked him prior to bidding how much shipping was. now you have to try and tell him how to ship it, which really won't happen.

as for all of you saying most boxes are too big and have to ship UPS oversize, get out a box cutter and cut off 4" on the box, then retape. i did this in the UPS store and saved $76 last time i shipped a frame.

Need some help deciding this.

giropo9.jpg

This is the frame I'm still considering buying. Seat tube height is perfect, price is good, condition is excellent. Only thing holding me back really is that the site lists the top tube length at 55.5... I can't really tell from the picture if this is indeed an accurate measurement. Its possible the rider just had fucked up proportions I suppose.

But being 6'3 or so, I'm worried that i'll be way too cramped on this. I could deal with just having a longer stem, but I really don't want to drop the money for this and have it be not fun to ride.

So, in short. Do it take the risk and drop close to 600$ or do I save the money and use it elsewhere, whether on current bike or whatnot?

2 days to decide. Shiiiittt

Looking at the headtube..it looks like an 58 to me. But dont quote me

looks like something keo would ride. huuuge!

mlproject: yeah, i asked the seller how much shipping would be. there was a about a day left before it ended and seller wasn't able to inform me until after it was over. they emailed me back again, though.

"I am sorry that you feel that way. I will check at my work today and see what they say for a cost. I put in the following dimensions. 10" x 36" x 48" for the box and 20 lbs to cover the weight for packaging etc. I will let you know what if anything changes."

Thanks for the replies, but, I'm confused about some of them.

The seat tube size is listed as a 59, but the top tube is listed as 55.5

Are you guys saying that you think the top tube looks longer than 55.5? or were you talking about the seat tube size?

I don't have an eye for top tube sizes really..

Thanks for the replies, but, I'm confused about some of them.

The seat tube size is listed as a 59, but the top tube is listed as 55.5

Are you guys saying that you think the top tube looks longer than 55.5? or were you talking about the seat tube size?

I don't have an eye for top tube sizes really..

ah, i thought you were saying it was a 55.5 square. that makes sense then. with a 59 seat tube it sounds like this would fit you being 6'3".

i'd do the fit calculator on competitivecyclist.com and find out what length stem you would need to ride that specific bike. if its 120 or less, i'd go for it. longer stems just kind of get rediculous and mean the bike isn't fitting you anyway.

edit ... still, i don't see how that TT is that much shorter. if you're not going to buy it tell me where it is and i am. haha.