Bicyclettes

canice

To convert a roadbike to a fixie:

For buying a new hub how do you install it? You have a shop install it? Then is it better to install a lockring? I asked the guy at my local shop how to do it today. He was a real pain in the ass. He was going on about how fixed gear was dangerous. He just told me to buy rims with the hubs for a fixed gear bike already installed.

For buying a new hub how do you install it? You have a shop install it? Then is it better to install a lockring? I asked the guy at my local shop how to do it today. He was a real pain in the ass. He was going on about how fixed gear was dangerous. He just told me to buy rims with the hubs for a fixed gear bike already installed.

have someone do it... if you're not handy or know what you're doing... then def have someone do it..

have someone do it... if you're not handy or know what you're doing... then def have someone do it..

He wasnt being pain in the ass, and now i'll explain why.

Firstly in order to Install a hub U have to disassemble the wheels, then lace the spokes back onto the rims to hubs which can be pain in the ass. Highly not recommended for starter cause building wheels is the hardest part in fixing bikes.

And he is right for getting a new set of wheels (track wheels) based on the following grounds:

1) Less time consuming

2) Save u bit of money for stuffing up ( u can always sell the wheels that comes witht eh road bike)

3) Looks better.....(may be)

Additionally with regards to LOCKRING, install one they r left hand threaded (do not screw a BB lockring on it). Lockring is most essential and save ur life when u skid. Technically U cannot race in a velodrome if u dont have a lockring on.

He wasnt being pain in the ass, and now i'll explain why.

Firstly in order to Install a hub U have to disassemble the wheels, then lace the spokes back onto the rims to hubs which can be pain in the ass. Highly not recommended for starter cause building wheels is the hardest part in fixing bikes.

And he is right for getting a new set of wheels (track wheels) based on the following grounds:

1) Less time consuming

2) Save u bit of money for stuffing up ( u can always sell the wheels that comes witht eh road bike)

3) Looks better.....(may be)

Additionally with regards to LOCKRING, install one they r left hand threaded (do not screw a BB lockring on it). Lockring is most essential and save ur life when u skid. Technically U cannot race in a velodrome if u dont have a lockring on.

any of you guys rock machined deep v's?

i still have a brake, and use it minimally, so i was wondering if i should stick w/ machined..

machined wall will give u a faster braking. But its ok to run on deep Vs without machined, eventually the colour will wear off then u'll get a machined surface.

any of you guys rock machined deep v's?

i still have a brake, and use it minimally, so i was wondering if i should stick w/ machined..

machined wall will give u a faster braking. But its ok to run on deep Vs without machined, eventually the colour will wear off then u'll get a machined surface.