Bicyclettes

canice

I do too. I wish they weren't under the clearcoat. I'll get the frame powdercoated someday.

Getting your frame powdercoated is such an expensive process that you're better off (in my opinion) putting your money towards a better frame that doesn't come with decals, like a bareknuckle. Does anyone know of any other frames that come without logos/decals?

my custom GR-9 dust caps. fuck the gray plastic shits:

BLING! (haha)

Genius!

you can run longer clip screws on gr9s to make a slot for a 2nd strap

Also genius.

crashed the other day after a car clipped me and my front wheel dug into a curb. now my fork's bent and i need to get a replacement. i have a eai bareknuckle frame and those kinds of forks aren't easy to find (eai says it will be 6 weeks until new forks are shipped). anyone know any good 1-1/8" threadless replacement forks (besides the suly steamroller)? even better if the fork has very minimal or no visible branding and is either black or red.

ok, so my bottom bracket sucks. I have a shimano 600 on my de bernardi now. I'm convinced it's the source of a few problems. And I got the thing for free. Any reccomendations on models, brands or open/closed?

I personally love tange, I had problems at first. I ripped it apart, carefully cleaned and applied an ample coat of grease on all metal to metal contact and its just dandy. Cheap too, 20 bucks, tops! Shimano on the hand I dont care for. Cheap and I dont believe you can rip apart the bottom bracket like a Tange

+ new replacement parts when you break shit on that bike in a couple months.

I'm really curious what people are actually breaking on these things because seriously the only bike parts I have ever properly BROKEN in my history of riding 20-30 year old road bikes and conversions is:

1) Disintegrated 30 year old Brooks saddle (it was never properly looked after before I got it)

2) Somehow I managed to bust the axle on a 20something year old Sovos rear road hub. (probably riding off curbs)

3) I got hit by a car and the one piece crank on a really shitty huffy road bike I used to have got bent.

I am aware the parts on these bikes aren't OMG DURA ACE NJS or anything like that but the dude isn't exactly a messenger so I doubt he'll be replacing everything on it in like 2 weeks.

well the 600 is a good bracket, yours just went bad? a sealed shimano cartridge is good. if you have money and want a track one, the sugino one is awesome

well, to start off, I always feel like I'm forced to put too much effort on this to pedal. Then, a week after my shop first put it in, it started rocking side to side. So they tightened the axle. Now it's making this metal on metal grinding noise. Awesome. Do what BB's come in italian threads?