Bicyclettes

canice

straddle your bike and lift it up so the front wheel is off the ground while you hold the frame between your legs. put leverage forward and backward on the fork or stem with your bars and see what kind of play it has. if it has none, maybe its too tight.

if its too tight, you'll notice this just by turning it side to side. it should turn fluidly without any resisitance.

if it persists i'd take it back since your bike is new and have them look at it.

are those 130 or 133 like road cranks? the latter are pretty common. switching to suginos or something, would be more expensive, but you'd have an amazing set that would last you a grip. aebike has them for $179 regularly.

I'm not sure what you mean, you're talking about BCD right? If so, I have 130bcd..

stupid question, but did you have those wheels made or get them on ebay or something? i've been looking for a place that will sell me a built up wheelset with only the front machined and i haven't had much luck.

bens cycle, thebikebiz,bells cycle, will make a custom deep v wheel set for yea. Or you can just buy a reg wheel set non machined and go to a LBS and get then to machine the front one. its likke 10-15 bucks.

or build them yourself. i just looked on sheldon brown's website and my wheels turned out great. just dont get a cheap truing stand. god they suck. drop the 150 for a good one. you'll use it for as long as you ride bikes.

i wouldnt recommend that for a noob. You can really fuk up your wheelset if you dont kno what your doing. Most likely u will mess up.

7bd916a694aad0f10a8d6c0761064100bff93412.jpg

Peep my oh so fresh ride.

cute!.. haha just reminds me of overdrive or something..

what are those ball things on the bars? just decorations?

lol i was a noob when i built my set of deep-vs up. you just have to be patient, dont get frustrated and start torque the shit out of the nipples.

aydo: when you say overdrive, are you talking about the anime? man, i havent seen any fansubbed episodes past 11. if not, damn im a fucking nerd.

i wouldnt recommend that for a noob. You can really fuk up your wheelset if you dont kno what your doing. Most likely u will mess up.

Which lace patternare you doing?? 3 Cross or Radial? If Radial i am sure u can do it within an hr.

consider 3 cross on the drive side and radial on the non drive side for the rear wheel.

I can't find an odd numbered Sugino 130bcd chainring anywhere..I'm looking for either a 49t or a 50t, so far the only thing I have found are the T.A. rings..

TA ring aint bad, if u want there is this company call underground cycles in sydney who custom made chainring in any style and BCD. If u interested let me know i will put up the info.

4mm thick ring $70aud.

Which lace patternare you doing?? 3 Cross or Radial? If Radial i am sure u can do it within an hr.

consider 3 cross on the drive side and radial on the non drive side for the rear wheel.

3 cross.

radial is easier to do and for a noob i would recoomend trying that first, but i hear to many stories about blown hubs from radials.

3 cross.

radial is easier to do and for a noob i would recoomend trying that first, but i hear to many stories about blown hubs from radials.

Blown up hub because the structural of the hub cannot support radial pattern. Formula hub i dont think they can, i am not 100% sure but i know DA hi-flange can do radial lacing.

Front wheel is ok for radial but rear wheel wouldnt be a good choice cause it flex.