Bicyclettes

canice

a threadless headset is basically a giant sandwich that goes like this:

cap (basically the cocktail toothpick of the sandwich.. allen key loosens and tightens all of this so you can spin your stem add in stack rings, etc)

:maybe: stack rings

stem

:maybe: stack rings

top cup

bearing

top race

headtube

bottom cup

bearings

bottom race

fork

it's a good place to start, riding a fixed gear is an experience you won't get anywhere else

at least you didn't buy a $2000 dirt jumper before being able to bunny hop

when you have the time, take a bike completely apart and put it back together. you will learn A LOT just by doing that (probably best to do it on a junker bike, in case you screw something up) this can be difficult if you live in a cramped apartment and don't have a garage, but there is no better teacher than experience

keep on riding!

hey stuntastic-

i don't know if you discussed your paint job, but did you do it yourself? and if so, did you use a clear coat?

Good call.

I got annoyed with the sticker decals on the wheels, so yesterday at work I decided to start peeling them off. I leave one on, on my front wheel.

Talk about a waste of time.

Pista Pista.

DSC00074-1.jpg

STOCK cept the wheel.

Hows riding, where youre from Canice? (Canada, right?)

sf, ny, chi, la fixed are by far the best, but mostly people that have been doing it for awhile and aren't really talking much about repairs/off the pegs/etc. searching bikeforums is probably your best source of info as EVERYTHING has been asked before..

just got a new wheelset for the bike and have the stock ones left over from a giant bowery. they're alexrims 2100 i believe? dual wall, prettymuch bombproof. i'd say 125 is fair, dutch on the shipping. PM if youre interested and ill get you some pictures

yay! i found risers off a scrap bike behind a dumpster.. then i chopped them.

275031533.jpg

and while everyone's talking aobut comfy seats...

275031532.jpg

flintstones ha

yes. i beat my shit up

tat short riser thing is sooo trendy, even more so then TT protectors. Your not a bike messenger, the short risers for for going threw traffic and not hitting cars. Your suppose to have handle bars the about the width of your shoulders for better high speed riding.

But i guess to each his own...

short bars do look uber cool very mininialist

fixed nerds is this a good deal for $350

iro mark v frame/fork combo 56cm(these run small I normally ride a 54)

Easton EA70 straight handle bars(would swap these out)

m13II sunrims(cheapy)

YST headset(YST?)

MKS track pedals/toeclips

Aero-maxy crank 170mm (not sure if 165 would be better for a 56?)

cloud9 seat/plain seatpost

sugino chainring 42 m-type

In good shape no scratches dents etc but it's used, supposedly only 50 miles on it.

kthxbai

Im going to go ahead and say yes. rims aren't the best, but i ride those and they work fine for me.

170mm cranks are fine..aero-maxy..dunno how those are compared to like, superbe pro, but for $350 looks like a good setup..

if you can get it down to $300 i say that's a killing (the shitty sunrims themselves are $115 brand new..)

tat short riser thing is sooo trendy, even more so then TT protectors. Your not a bike messenger, the short risers for for going threw traffic and not hitting cars. Your suppose to have handle bars the about the width of your shoulders for better high speed riding.

But i guess to each his own...

short bars do look uber cool very mininialist

i've always used short bars for traffic, not necessarily high speed, not twitchy either. just gotten used to them, and i find them very maneuverable - comfy thru those tight spots.

the way you worded it, makes it seem like you must br a messenger to have short bars and weave thru cars.. then everyone who isnt, rides with shoulder width bars and always stays in the bike lane...

to each their own indeed.

275177359.jpg

those are the old short bars i've been using.. with either ourys or bar tape.. then i found the risers and cut them to the length i was used to..

tada...

hipster this hipster that, just do what you wanna do.

fixed nerds is this a good deal for $350

iro mark v frame/fork combo 56cm(these run small I normally ride a 54)

Easton EA70 straight handle bars(would swap these out)

m13II sunrims(cheapy)

YST headset(YST?)

MKS track pedals/toeclips

Aero-maxy crank 170mm (not sure if 165 would be better for a 56?)

cloud9 seat/plain seatpost

sugino chainring 42 m-type

In good shape no scratches dents etc but it's used, supposedly only 50 miles on it.

kthxbai

whats the color?

i've always used short bars for traffic, not necessarily high speed, not twitchy either. just gotten used to them, and i find them very maneuverable - comfy thru those tight spots.

the way you worded it, makes it seem like you must br a messenger to have short bars and weave thru cars.. then everyone who isnt, rides with shoulder width bars and always stays in the bike lane...

to each their own indeed.

275177359.jpg

those are the old short bars i've been using.. with either ourys or bar tape.. then i found the risers and cut them to the length i was used to..

tada...

hipster this hipster that, just do what you wanna do.

also im from socal LA- at the moment OC. and it i still see people use short risers. i mean. No one weaves in and out of traffic out here. Unless you want to die. None of the drivers are use to bikes on the road, let alone deal with them weave in and out of traffic. So you can see where im coming from.

Shit but if i did have risers, they would prolly be short bars too. They look kinda like urban aero bars LOL