Bicyclettes

canice

Long-reach cantilevers work great on large clearance 27" wheeled bikes. Shimano makes the best one, at the moment, but even a marginal new brake from Tektro or similar would work great over what was there.

Single pivot (old) brakes have the bolt visible in the middle of the brake, dual pivots are obscured by the brake arm covering it.

There's only four or so producers of tubes, they are all rebadged or fit with a certain valve. In my experience, whomever produces Specialized's have the highest failure rate. The rest are fine.

Ok guys Im looking to upgrade my bike. Im currently riding a decent but cheap bike that was converted to fixed gear but i was thinking about upgrading since i started working. My price range is somewhere around $800 or so and i was really looking at the Bianchi pista. Are these really that good or are you just paying for the name? I also want to add that I want to start getting in to fixed freestyle and start doing some tricks so im not sure if thats the bike for me. Anybody know another alternative in that price range or possible slightly cheaper?

To my understanding, aside from the D2, most Bianchi frames are now constructed in Taiwan factories - which is on par with bikes in lesser price. So, name. You've got a sick budget. If you're looking into freestyle, you'd want a frame that'd spin 700s out the box unless you're going for running 26s. On citygrounds there is a 50 & 53cm volume cutter (frame only) for $295. I didn't check if it's shipped or instore only. "Inexpensive" so you can spend the rest of your budget on chukkers or some shit. Look into volume as they've been doing bmx for always. I've heard good reviews about the scramblers as well.

I would say so but there are much more experienced riders here and a few that have or have had those in the past.

If I had 800 to spend I would buy that rebranded Fuji from Motobecane and just replace all the whack shit.

Nothing whack w the stock components aside from the saddle cuz my ass ain't compatible, & would do good w a carbon seatpost. Only thing I've read people complain about as the wheels being cheap & heavy - retail they're at least $200 (better options) & weight is negligible less you race (which aren't even that heavy). I'm regretting parting out pretty much everything but I needed the money (not good enoguh reason; retarded decision). ()()(

As far as I have gathered (fairly limited knowledge here), leader frames are closer to a regular commute/city ride (mash) frame than a fixed/freestyle. seems like it's suited to a pretty small clearance too, and i dunno how well that suits a freestyle frame.

I would say so but there are much more experienced riders here and a few that have or have had those in the past.

If I had 800 to spend I would buy that rebranded Fuji from Motobecane and just replace all the whack shit.

Ive heard similar things about the Pista though, that at that price point its a pretty good bike you just need to replace some of the components

If you're going to ride freestyle on your bike a lot, might as well get a bike built for it, such as the Volume or FBM or whatever. My friend has a Cutter with Chukkers, it's not super heavy... Good for polo and him being an oaf, doin kids Trix.

At least the headset will be supported and you won't wreck the post, pedals, or cranks of a bike made for riding properly.

I dont think i will be doing it a lot though, I also want to add that my transportation to school and work when weather is permitting is my bicycle which is why i was looking at the pista.

I know lots of you guys have mulitple bikes so a freestyle bike could be my next purchase after i get an upgrade on my commuter,

Long-reach cantilevers work great on large clearance 27" wheeled bikes. Shimano makes the best one, at the moment, but even a marginal new brake from Tektro or similar would work great over what was there.

Single pivot (old) brakes have the bolt visible in the middle of the brake, dual pivots are obscured by the brake arm covering it.

Did you mean long reach calipers?

Here is a picture of all the excess fucking hardware: 2a5nhxi.jpg

5n7jgz.jpg

I'm guessing the hole in the fork/frame is for inserting a 'nutted' set of brakes? From what I've read, VeloOrange carries these Tektro R556, but the nut for the fork isn't even long enough for 80's road bikes. What's the point?

I'm retarded when it comes to brakes :(

Yah from what I understand they have the same geometry. I'm trying to decide if I should send it right back (It gets here tuesday) when it comes in the mail and look somewhere else for a bike. From what I understand IRO's return policy is it has to be unused, so will it be blatantly obvious that it's small after I put it together? I'm pretty new to road bikes so excuse all of the questions.

I did mean caliper, but you need cantilevers anyway, so..... on purpose!

Holes on that frame are for racks and fenders. Cantilevers are a bit tricky to set up, but you don't have a choice for that particular rig. I've got quite a few different ones if you're out.

fuck. I've got the cantilevers that I had on there, but I think all of the wiring needs to be shortened to tighten things up-- if they even still make these cables.

anyway, thanks for the help.