Bicyclettes

canice

I really, really doubt it.

Some frames have bonded threads, but that is not going to be one of them. BB30 frames w/o BB30 bb's from the factory or carbon frames from a few years ago are those...

Creaks can be awfully tough to track down you really have to check a lot of interfaces to see if there is any play, some that are unexpected.

What do you guys think of this? it was given to me for free by my uncle in Milwaukee, Wis. I just have to ship it back to Oregon. Its got a tubular campy wheelset i'm pretty sure.. from what i've gathered its a 1982 trek 959.

4787760372_976897e854_b.jpg

4787129105_9100fb37e7_b.jpg

4787129143_34d72bf023_b.jpg

4787129201_efbfdf0722_b.jpg

4787129235_f27a541847_b.jpg

i'm pretty sure the fork is straight. i checked it out last summer, and were shipping it back here in august to a shop i'm good friends with. ya i finally figured it out, either a 959 or 957 with suntour superbe derailleurs, sprint shifters, cinelli bars/stem/bbshell, columbus tubing.

only a few steps down from the top of the line 959 with dura-ace.

Edit: i really wanna get rid of the tubular wheels, though they are campy. maybe i could save the hubs and lace them to dfferent rims. i cant afford to run tubular wheels haha shits too spendy to flat on

Finally finished my mash build, just need to upgrade the pedals eventually... Might get negged for the front wheel, but whatever, I like the look and I like to ride it so that's what matters to me

DSC_0084.jpg

DSC_0086.jpg

Still need to wrap the handlebar, although I'm riding with gloves usually so it's not a necessity for now

Guest Bespoke
Finally finished my mash build, just need to upgrade the pedals eventually... Might get negged for the front wheel, but whatever, I like the look and I like to ride it so that's what matters to me

DSC_0084.jpg

DSC_0086.jpg

Still need to wrap the handlebar, although I'm riding with gloves usually so it's not a necessity for now

What model Cinelli? 650 or 700 wheels?

Finally got around to taking a couple photos of the bike I built a few years ago. I upgraded a few things this summer.

Guerciotti frame (Columbus SP tubing), all Chorus 10sp, except for the Chris King headset, Record hubs, and vintage C-Record post.

bike1e.jpg

bike2n.jpg

found this bike in the trash!

was wondering if i should clean and sell or convert into a single speed.... could i do it for $300-$400 nicely? i know nice is relative but i just mean clean looking and dependable and reliable for mild city commuting. Also, if i sell, should i just clean and salvage the frame/fork or just clean and sell the whole deal? i know its prolly a french setup or whatever but just wondering what u guys thought

IMG_1260.jpg

IMG_1262.jpg

Black tape, round bend bars or Modolo 6-bends.

No French threads on that Peugeot. I'd say take the reflectors off, new saddle, cables and chain, clean, call it good.

I wouldn't bother converting it because the shifters are so nice and the geometry doesn't lend itself well to singlespeed type riding. If you HAD to do it, it would only cost you another $30-40 for a freewheel and some chainring bolts.

Cheers, guys. When I first built it up, it had purple Cinelli cork ribbon, purple Vredestein tires, and light blue saddle.

p.s.- I want one of those Brooklyn Chewing Gum jerseys, not the B&W version, though.

mann. my deep v's just came in. but now i need some good all black tires.

i've been riding on 700x25 continental grand prix 4000's for a while now. the black version that i can find has writing on them that puts me in a homosexual frame of mind, i want just pure black.

need to take the hairdryer to the fucking sticker too.

what do you guys think about the disqualification of renshaw? i am a bit on the fence about the whole thing -- it was a bit foul play but if theyre going to disqualify renshaw, then dean should at least get penalized for starting the whole head-butting deal. renshaw was done sprinting and behind cavendish by the time he changed lanes and cut off farrar anyways.. input anyone?