Bicyclettes

canice

Yeah the steamroller is a good idea. It's definitely one of the lighter "entry level" bikes that I've had the chance to try out and what not. Light, tough, and can fit fatties fine (tires that is!). heh.

thirded, i love my steamroller

Obenauf Heavy Duty Leather Preservative instead of Brooks Proofide for the saddle? or i shud stick with the proofide?

stick with the proofide but in all honesty during the months i had my brooks there was no pressing need to really use proofide / preservative.

although i applied some to the underside (not much either) and eventually it soaked upwards and left little bumps along the top :x

thirded, i love my steamroller

isnt there a surly steam roller for road bikes also? i think fuso might wanna look into that also.

I'm looking for some better gloves for winter riding. I've heard good things about the Castelli Poggia and lukewarm things about Pearl Izumi. Rapha of course look nice but are stupidly expensive. It gets to be about -20 here but I'd like to avoid lobster gloves if I can help it.

I'm looking for some better gloves for winter riding. I've heard good things about the Castelli Poggia and lukewarm things about Pearl Izumi. Rapha of course look nice but are stupidly expensive. It gets to be about -20 here but I'd like to avoid lobster gloves if I can help it.

i use some castelli full fingered gloves for riding right now, they deff do the trick for the winter

Just got some Time Atacs, now tryin to score some Sidi Genius.

Anyone able to find a US 12 for the cheaps?

Hmm, why would you buy a pair of the Genius? They're not the best for mtb pedals like the Atacs and they'll cause you helluva lot of pain and trouble trying to walk. I'd suggest you get a pair of Dominator 5s? They look the same and are essentially the same but they have a mtb sole that is walkable and compatible with the Atac cleat. They can be had anywhere from $100-150 on ebay and if you're lucky maybe $75 on craigslist or local forums.

I have a pair of Dominator 5's as my race shoes and they're awesome!

I'll sell you my Dragons!

If that ain't your bag, I'd look at other brands. Sidi has an inflated price, and though they used to be the end-all for quality, it ain't nothing but bike-bling now with no return on investment. Nike, sadly, "made" some of the best shoes that aren't being made anymore. (The good ones were produced by DMT.)

I'd say try some other brands on and see what you like. I've though Pearl Izumi were great for example, and those are wayyy cheaper.

More on glves later.

http://openbicycle.com/2009/12/01/we-light-our-hands-on-fire-so-you-dont-have-to/

If you don't mind wearing non-bike brand shit.

What do you have now?

For what you're looking for, I'd definitely say get something steel.

I have a 1980s Specialized Allez Epic with carbon fiber frame and aluminum lugs. I'm worried that it'll just separate one day but I'm probably going to ride it into the ground before I purchase another bike.

I do like gears a lot and haven't really cared for fixed gears since I switched back. If anything though, a 3 speed hub might be awesome.

Hmm, why would you buy a pair of the Genius? They're not the best for mtb pedals like the Atacs and they'll cause you helluva lot of pain and trouble trying to walk. I'd suggest you get a pair of Dominator 5s? They look the same and are essentially the same but they have a mtb sole that is walkable and compatible with the Atac cleat. They can be had anywhere from $100-150 on ebay and if you're lucky maybe $75 on craigslist or local forums.

I have a pair of Dominator 5's as my race shoes and they're awesome!

I coulda sworn a buddy of mine suggested em (Genius) to me, but I guess I was wrong!

I'll look into the Dominator 5s, just found a pair on CL!

As far as the Dragons go, the guy I bought the Atacs told me that he kept slipping out of the Dragons. Not sure if he meant that he was slipping out of the shoe, or slipping out of the pedals with the Dragons.

New bike day! To replace my stolen Pista :(

Wanted to see what it would look like semi-built since I'm w/out tools at the moment. lulz mode with the purple Jag post, I can't find my C-Record post for the life of me. Lame spare wheels, too

IMG_0629lulz.jpg

"Made In Taiwan" sticker under all the Italian haha

IMG_0632lulz.jpg