Bicyclettes

canice

does anyone have a spare slotted brake adjuster barrel? I just picked up some suntour superbe pro brakes and this stupid little adjuster is holding me back from setting them up. i am hoping I can get the correct one instead of getting a campy one and getting one from the lbs and filing it.

thanks!

two of the most common setups that i've ridden and like -

- odyssey or some other twisted platform pedal with hold fast straps (~$60)

- mks sylvan pedals, mks clips, toshi double straps ~$125 (straps are about $80+ ... you can get cheaper straps, but it won't handle as well)

i took it into the shop for a tune up and to have them throw on a new chain, and it seemed to be riding like a dream and i dont know what i did now but i think something up with the chain/sprockets.. when im riding it the motion doesnt seem totally smooth but rather like theres a little friction/discrepancy in alignment or something, like i can feel all the little teeth on one of the sprockets seemingly not fitting in as properly as they should?

i dont know, i flipped the thing over and spun the wheel some and from all i can tell it doesnt look cockeyed, but the motion still doesnt seem as fluid as it should..

ideas?

Post video...?

Chains ship with really heavy grease, and they are nearly silent when new even when they are put on a bike with worn cogs and rings. When that wears away, wear on gears will be more obvious. Make sure your chain is not too tight, that is a big cause of fixed gear drivetrain noise and wear.

What length?

I think they only produce the ano cranks in 165mm... Not positive.

my bike finally got deliverey yaayyy! the saddle got damaged though :( so i put the old saddle from my old ass mtn bike

seems like a really nice ride but the breaks are rather ineffective in rain (and it has been raining ever since i got it) so yeah i've been getting pretty wet while commuting to my lectures. any tips on how to reduce spray (apart from the mud guard (dunno what you call it in english)) on mah pants from behind?

dsc0263.jpg

thanks! i think i might want to mount it to a frame at some point, so i left it on for now, but if i ever redo or do another i'll take it off for sure

i think he means the black piece of plastic that you twist to access the key hole. it looks much less bulky with it off.

Tightening down a crankbolt on my friends bike...

The damn top cap part completely ripped right off...

There are the threads/screw part inside the spindle.

How to get out?

Get a drill, with a slight smaller sized drill bit than the bolt, once you begin to drill it the bolt should self destruct or you will then need to get a screw extractor thing, which is like a cone shaped drill bit that you then 'drill' into the hole you just drilled which unscrews it.

Not too hard.

google that shit

http://www.motorcycle.com/how-to/how-to-extract-stuck-screws-3440.html

quick question

mks sylvan touring/road/track pedals?

any preference?

is there any real difference between one and the other when all youre wearing is sneakers?

jstu wanted some input, prob just gonna get the touring plus clips n straps

Tightening down a crankbolt on my friends bike...

The damn top cap part completely ripped right off...

There are the threads/screw part inside the spindle.

How to get out?

What out? The bolt now?

No big deal. Those threads are for self-extracting bolts. Plastic capped ones are not, they are simply cosmetic.

Unscrew the bolt, remove crank w/ crank puller.

quick question

mks sylvan touring/road/track pedals?

any preference?

is there any real difference between one and the other when all youre wearing is sneakers?

jstu wanted some input, prob just gonna get the touring plus clips n straps

the touring has the cage completely surrounding the spindle/platform in a "U". track just has plates on either side. road is like the track, but with teethed plates.

road

1091980730648_pedals_MKS_sylvan_quill.jpg

touring

mks-sylvan-touring-pedals.jpg

track

sylvan.jpg

what's the best freestyle bike for around $250-300? need to get my kid a bike for his bday.

how old is your kid? mirraco makes some good intro bmx completes for tweens. check out eastern completes and fit completes also. bike shops should have most of the 09 shit on sale.