Bicyclettes

canice

Finding the axel will almost cost as much as finding a used hub.

My friend told me that Phils go for around $100ish.

Luckily for one of my other friends, my rear hub is Keirin spaced, which I ran on my Cannondale (120spaced) with two spacers on the axel to fit.

But yea... Pretty much easier just finding a rear hub... People usually sell DA hubs for pretty cheap.

Is this a bullshit bike, or worth the money? I like the idea, but no nothing about bikes really and am just starting to get into them, can I get better for the price, or is this decent for a beginner?

http://bikes.urbanoutfitters.com/build.asp

bikesdirect.com has good starters or buyin used is good

so aluminum track frames on the street too stiff? don wanna hurt ma gooch too mcuh

thinkin gettin dolan precursa or fuji track comp.

or is steel still real?

Haha, wow guess not. Damn this sucks, ideally I wouldnt really want to spend more than 3-400 hundred on my first bike.

Anyone know any good shops in the NYC that sell used bikes in that price range and can help out a totally clueless dude

the urban bikes are complete garbage. i love the concept of making cycling easy and accessible to people, but they're ripping you off.

check out the bikesdirect bikes or watch craigslist for used mercier kilo tt's, bianchi pistas, etc. there will be a ton going up in the next few months as summer ends.

Haha, wow guess not. Damn this sucks, ideally I wouldnt really want to spend more than 3-400 hundred on my first bike.

Anyone know any good shops in the NYC that sell used bikes in that price range and can help out a totally clueless dude

just hit the craigslist, you can find some really good deals everyonce in a while. i nearly copped a dura ace equipped custom made frame bike for 400 double cheeseburgers.

just hit the craigslist, you can find some really good deals everyonce in a while. i nearly copped a dura ace equipped custom made frame bike for 400 double cheeseburgers.

I can watch craigslist 24/7, the problem is i just dont know what im looking for haha

Messaged the guy, he sold it.

After doing much research, and trying out a few friends bike I think i'm just going to jump the gun on this, seems a reasonable price for this bike new and I figure if its no good it wont be difficult to sell.

http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/mercier/kilott.htm

How difficult is it to add a front bake to a fixed gear such as this?

And yes, I apologize for being an absolute boob haha

bikesdirect.com has good starters or buyin used is good

so aluminum track frames on the street too stiff? don wanna hurt ma gooch too mcuh

thinkin gettin dolan precursa or fuji track comp.

or is steel still real?

Havent ridden a Dolan, but if I could find a frameset on the cheaps, I would.

Fuji Tracks are pretty light on the street, a bunch of people ride em. To me, it didnt feel to "stable" when I hit anything above 25mph. Felt some speed wobbles, which is never a fun feeling. Guess I wasnt used to the alu. fork?

Cannondale Track is my jam. Never gonna sell the frame I got, even if I could just grab another one, for a price I could sell it. Just lovin the way it feels.

Havent ridden a Dolan, but if I could find a frameset on the cheaps, I would.

Fuji Tracks are pretty light on the street, a bunch of people ride em. To me, it didnt feel to "stable" when I hit anything above 25mph. Felt some speed wobbles, which is never a fun feeling. Guess I wasnt used to the alu. fork?

Cannondale Track is my jam. Never gonna sell the frame I got, even if I could just grab another one, for a price I could sell it. Just lovin the way it feels.

i would love a cannondale but them shit is inflated in price like biatch concepts, ima stick wit steel then