Bicyclettes

canice

You could wet the leather and wear them as soccer players do with their boots...

I am debating over future shoes. Sidi is a perma-letdown; I'm thinking either leather Lakes or some other moldable shoe. Either that or go semi-custom Rocket-7's or D2's...

how so? i love my dominators best fitting clipless shoe for me so far.

Question

Are Chub Hubs really worth the cash? I heard they are sealed? Or are they the aerospoke of hubs?

heard a lot of complaints about them. good stiff wheel comes out of them, but apparently the cone system blows - it tightens them based on your axle nut tension, which is a bit wonky.

yeah they're sealed.

what?

heard a lot of complaints about them. good stiff wheel comes out of them, but apparently the cone system blows - it tightens them based on your axle nut tension, which is a bit wonky.

yeah they're sealed.

what?

I've just heard about the bearings seizing up in them.. doomed.

What I meant to say was do kids ride them purely for aesthetic purpose, or are they quality hubs? I guess I was a bit too cryptic sry.

I built up a set of the SS disc hubs for a pal...the hubs seemed pretty badass. fairly light, fairly smooth bearings. still too soon to determine reliability. Only minor issue was that the spokes, when 3-crossed to a 29er rim, would rest ever so slightly on the hub flange. This was an early release set of hubs, quite a bit before they were available to the public. Not sure if the hole drillings have changed or not.

Aerospokes are stupid, regardless of how you look at it.

Chub Hubs might be legit.

I'm going to get a road bike

I'm thinking about getting a fixed gear

but i'm worried i'll look like a hipster who just picked his bike because he thought it was cool

here's the thing, that would be basically true.

whether or not i'm a hipster is a pretty subjective problem but i really don't know much about bikes, if i got a fixie it would be because it looks cool (clean lines & mechanical simplicity)

so realistically, what are the pros and cons of riding a fixed gear bike?

are there any actual practical benefits?

I'm going to get a road bike

I'm thinking about getting a fixed gear

but i'm worried i'll look like a hipster who just picked his bike because he thought it was cool

here's the thing, that would be basically true.

whether or not i'm a hipster is a pretty subjective problem but i really don't know much about bikes, if i got a fixie it would be because it looks cool (clean lines & mechanical simplicity)

so realistically, what are the pros and cons of riding a fixed gear bike?

are there any actual practical benefits?

pros: probably weighs less, less maintenance, good training for a road bike, looks cool

cons: well, no gears, less practicality in almost every situation except the velodrome, high chance to look very tarck/hipster

if youre going to get a fixed, at least dont get velocity deep vs/ aerospoke which will likely propel you into generic hipsterdom

I've been using BikeDashboard for WM6.1. It tracks speed, direction, route, etc.

On the topic of spills, I fell on Saturday. I don't wear a helmet and it wouldn't have helped much anyway, luckily. I have some bad scrapes on my right side (including face). I'm actually lucky to have fallen to the right as the road is quite busy and I would have fallen into it had I fallen to the left. Oh well, can't wait until the soreness in my shoulder goes away.

I've been using BikeDashboard for WM6.1. It tracks speed, direction, route, etc.

On the topic of spills, I fell on Saturday. I don't wear a helmet and it wouldn't have helped much anyway, luckily. I have some bad scrapes on my right side (including face). I'm actually lucky to have fallen to the right as the road is quite busy and I would have fallen into it had I fallen to the left. Oh well, can't wait until the soreness in my shoulder goes away.

I took a nice spill yesterday. Basically had some liquid courage in me and was messing around on some hills by my house with my friend on his skateboard. Definitely thought I was going to go over the bars, but luckily kept it under control enough to lay it down on my right side. My right arm/shoulder and the right leg of some jeans now have some good scrapes... Ahh summer...