Bicyclettes

canice

Dude, DO NOT get a Pista in exchange for this. If I'm not mistaken Superleggera's are full Campy. You could sell it for at least $3-400, even more.

You're better off keeping it. Celeste frame and Campagnolo parts. You wilin' if you're gonna trade it for anything else. If not, I'll buy that thing off you. Hell, I'll trade you my Pista.

yeah so, it's a bianchi superleggera.

mid 80s, probably a 83'.

does anyone know how much they run for?

i kind of want to get an new pista, but i'm not sure if i should keep this one or sell it.

any suggestions?

3287770529_4acb26b04a.jpg

thanks cure.

keep it, rock it. don't fix it.

seeing a perfectly good bike like this converted to a fixed gear makes me sad.

Dude, DO NOT get a Pista in exchange for this. If I'm not mistaken Superleggera's are full Campy. You could sell it for at least $3-400, even more.

You're better off keeping it. Celeste frame and Campagnolo parts. You wilin' if you're gonna trade it for anything else. If not, I'll buy that thing off you. Hell, I'll trade you my Pista.

That bike is not full Campag, not that that means anything anyway. Victory level or similar isn't exactly treasure.

That bike has what looks like Modolo brake levers, sadly worth little without hoods, either Shimano or Modolo shifters, and what looks like Shimano brakes, though they are also potentially Modolo.

It's probably worth more than a Pista parted out (not that I expect you would do that) but maybe not.

It's a push, I say. Though unless it really fits you badly, you're probably better off sticking. Lest you really gotta have that generic Pista.

might be a long shot, but my bike just got jacked from infront of a movie theatre, if anyone sees it on ebay (one shipping from hawaii) or something, a notice would be very appreciated.

:(

Varsity? Ward? Just curious where. Anyway, watch this??!!

Your next bike will be that much nicer!

I dont know how to embed Vimeo videos...

http://www.vimeo.com/2618114

^ Shit that's rough man, I'm sorry. Good luck getting it back!

Just got back from a couple months of traveling, rudely reminded that I NEED new wheels (spoke tension is jacked after a crash). A bit overwhelmed by options, but I'm looking at these 4 and would love experienced opinions:

Forte Titan (Performance Bikes' house brand):

http://www.performancebike.com/shop/profile_combo.cfm?SKU=22736&estore_ID=&subcategory_ID=&CFID=29227851&CFTOKEN=58066135

Dirt cheap, all the reviews I've read say they're decent enough.

Bontrager Race:

http://incycle.com/itemdetails.cfm?LibId=39406

Campagnolo Vento:

http://incycle.com/itemdetails.cfm?LibId=47266

Seem damn cheap for pretty light, rad campy's. Not sure if I want to open that can of worms, though... campy parts are PRICEY.

These would be going on a 1987 Cannondale road bike (I'll get pics up here someday) with gears.

Buy some Ebay wheels off a trusted seller: Ultegra hubs laced to Mavic rims, 28 or 32 spokes.

Those Bontragers kinda suck and never buy anything Performance. Campy, fine, but you have to use Campag cassettes then, and I'm guessing you have downtube shifters and Campag cassettes are real spensive.

W/ Shimano hubs they'll last forever, look right on your bike, and you'll have the option of 8-10 speed cassettes on your bike for cheaply. 8 or 9 shifts fine with downtube shifters.

Buy some Ebay wheels off a trusted seller: Ultegra hubs laced to Mavic rims, 28 or 32 spokes.

Those Bontragers kinda suck and never buy anything Performance. Campy, fine, but you have to use Campag cassettes then, and I'm guessing you have downtube shifters and Campag cassettes are real spensive.

W/ Shimano hubs they'll last forever, look right on your bike, and you'll have the option of 8-10 speed cassettes on your bike for cheaply. 8 or 9 shifts fine with downtube shifters.

Thanks for the info.

I've also now discovered Fulcrum Racing 5's/7's, and am looking into them... seem to be a pretty good wheel for the money. I'll look into the Ultegra/Mavic combo.

Out of curiosity, is your beef with Performance specific? Or is it just an wariness of buying house-brands?

would you guys ride this frame?

img0403.jpg (down tube)

I crashed it a while ago and I just thought it wouldn't be safe to ride

but having a broken ride is better than no ride at all..

I have a stripped fixed/free rear hub, so I'm thinking about putting a brake on and running freewheel with this broke ass frame

Okay so.. 2 things.

I was told (generally) that since i'm 5'2" that I'm going to have to get a 49-50cm bike. True? I know it also depends on seat height and handlebars but i was looking for a rough estimate.

Also, I found these:

http://search.stores.ebay.com/Crosslake-Sales_49cm_W0QQfcdZ2QQfciZQ2d1QQfclZ4QQfromZR10QQfsnZCrosslakeQ20SalesQQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQsaselZ642246373QQsofpZ0

good deal or bad?

Take a few minutes and just do the Competitive Cyclist fit calculator. A lot better than asking people who have no idea what your proportions are.

I would say bad deal, spend an extra $50-100 on something off bikesdirect. I know for sure that those Swift Arriv wheels have issues.

Take a few minutes and just do the Competitive Cyclist fit calculator. A lot better than asking people who have no idea what your proportions are.

I would say bad deal, spend an extra $50-100 on something off bikesdirect. I know for sure that those Swift Arriv wheels have issues.

awesome websites, thanks!!

I would say 48-50 is a good range to look for. One thing to keep in mind is top tube length - this is a very important factor as it varies from bike to bike and will greatly impact your riding comfort - probably more so than seat tube length. While it can be adjusted with stem and saddle/post choices, you definitely want to find out what a comfortable reach distance is for you. What type of riding will you be doing?