Bicyclettes

canice

yea it works plus puncture resistant, i did that to my commuter bike, all u have to do is cut the beading off some one tires.

plus alot of bike barspin a 700c. Many bikes above 56 will barspin...

actually not many just a handfull... windsor hour for example will

ya makes more sense if u cut of the beading. ive never heard of that.

bar spinning with a 700 is kind of awkward. i think the 26 is the best for tricks

I'm not sure if this has already been mentioned (it's a long thread...), but what different bike frames do you suggest/what would be the difference in brands which use the same material? For instance, two chromaly (sp?) frames?

are you looking for a track bike?

now im no expert on metal work but there are different alloys used to create the bicycle frames out on the market and a cromoly frame should hold up regular road use quite alright.

i think looks, styling, and geometry of the frame are key things towards your purchase.

Differences would be the frame geometry and they way the frame is constructed - brazed, lugged? Other details like paint, fork rake+construction, bb threading, head tube size, etc. Two bikes made of the same tubing can be anywhere from almost totally the same to completely and utterly different depending on the above mentioned stuff and more.

yeah all that makes more sense then. I live in chicago and I'm sick of pay $2.25 for a 1.5mi bus ride. So I'm thinking maybe getting/putting together a single speed. I like knowing how stuff works, so I figure a single speed will be easier to construct/maintain.

and being a supermeathead, I could use the leg workout.

yeah all that makes more sense then. I live in chicago and I'm sick of pay $2.25 for a 1.5mi bus ride. So I'm thinking maybe getting/putting together a single speed. I like knowing how stuff works, so I figure a single speed will be easier to construct/maintain.

and being a supermeathead, I could use the leg workout.

you could get a entry-level complete and exchange wheelsets easily through craigslist.

(and they are always open to offers so i find that really helpful)

chicago fixed has a marketplace im sure so look into that also

So there's a bike shop in my neighborhood and their prices start around 600ish. Then craigslist seems a bit cheaper. what would you think is a normal price to pay?

checking this out:

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/bik/1057333774.html

entry level bicycle will run you 400-700 ish so i guess its fair if you can work out a deal with your bicycle shop and it'll last you, but stock wheels are sometimes bad imo (i started with alex rims)

bianchi pistas for 400-500 (complete) are not a bad buy either.

img_3275.jpg

Selle Anatomica Titanico saddle >>>> Brooks.

Used my cool bike shop hook up price to get it for about the same as a B17. Water-proof to boot. :)

edit: didn't catch this but:

since the argon is being built, ill be riding this for awhile.

DSC_0267.jpg

SHIT SON, PUT SOME ENDCAPS ON YO' HANDLEBARS BEFORE YOU CORE SAMPLE YOURSELF WITH THAT, and I think you might need to tighten up the tension on your chain too...