Bicyclettes

canice

^good choice, i love my 'roller, solid as hell, i've been hit by a car twice and the only damage to the bike is a bit of paint loss.

It can be pretty hit and miss with saddles as it depends on your body, you could go out and try a couple. I use a brooks pro.

I am now the proud owner of a surly steamroller. I'm very excited to start riding this thing.

Can anyone make a good saddle recommendation?

ahem.

img_3275.jpg

Selle Anatomica Titanico saddle >>>> Brooks.

^^how do you stop? ted shred?

You know, just because he inspired a generation of idiots to be stupider, I want to book a flight to SF solely to kick his ass. I think the defining moment when my hate initiated was when I watched a video of his, was where he was carrying a turntable, and trying to stop using his back foot and dropped it.

worth the effort for a fixie or buy newer frame?

08032009180.jpg[/img]

08032009169.jpg

08032009183.jpg

looks like a carlton circuit from the mid 70's. if you don't have much money, make it a fixie. it depends on what you're looking to do and if your just looking for a cheap ride, stick with this. if money isn't an option, go for something else. either way, keep the frame.

looks like a carlton circuit from the mid 70's. if you don't have much money, make it a fixie. it depends on what you're looking to do and if your just looking for a cheap ride, stick with this. if money isn't an option, go for something else. either way, keep the frame.

nice. im gonna use the frame + post some pics when its done.

I'm probably going to get some flack for this, but here's my samson.

It's pretty jackass, but it's my daily ride and I needed a bike up ASAP.

img4158.jpg

it's pretty dirty too,haha.

I'm looking to get bullhorns and a new seatpost

And I just inherited this from my father.

Anyone have any tips on restoring it?

img4162j.jpg

i need some saddle recommendations that won't cost a fortune or break my nutsack

this is something i wouldn't necessarily skimp on. you're not going to find anything for $20, so i'd probably suck it up and get your price range higher. if you look around you can usually find turbos and shit like that for $50 without paying ebayrape prices. a lot of the vintage shapes have been remade and are around $100 new.

Twisting method? Do you know what you're talking about? Twisting those fat ass straps aren't going to help them go through those slots.

I'm drilling the pedals and nipped the strap ends. Good thing the straps were courtesy of my LBS, otherwise I wouldn't be clipping them if I dropped the money for them.

Twisting method? Do you know what you're talking about? Twisting those fat ass straps aren't going to help them go through those slots.

I'm drilling the pedals and nipped the strap ends. Good thing the straps were courtesy of my LBS, otherwise I wouldn't be clipping them if I dropped the money for them.

was referring to this:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jferrier/1440516349/in/photostream/

i need some saddle recommendations that won't cost a fortune or break my nutsack

So far, Ive ridden a Fizik Arione and Concor. Both are good saddles, when you get the adjustments perfectly...

The Concor felt as if I was sitting on a chair, but my seat post was shit and kept losing the adjustments by the MM.

Just scored a Flite, so I'll see how thatll feel for long rides.

CL that shit. Most saddles on CL are under $60, if you look hard enough and wait.

Saddle rookies:

I say start w/ a Selle San Marco saddle rated for at least "some" mountainbiking as a good starting point for finding the 'personal grail' of saddles (if that is even necessary for the particular user.)

My $0.02, since everyone fits and rides different. But this is what I think other saddles should be measured by and compare to.