Bicyclettes

canice

^^ you might get into a situation where you always want a "better" bike. it wasnt until i picked up a NOS GTB that i was able to stop looking for frames.. everyday.

so maybe if you just save up and buy your within-grasp-dream bike that you still feel comfortable riding on the street, i say go for it.

that being said, im sorta still looking for a nice steel frame.. but not looking that hard :)

man i know... the top tube is too long. i have a 80 stem on it and it still feels like i'm stretching out too much. if you have any reco's, i'm still willing to try whatever.

Really? The TT's are pretty short/reasonable on Bridgestones. The seat tubes are slack though, so to get to where an average road bike setback position would be, the saddle needs to be about 10mm further forward on the rails.

Try that and raising the bars, I'm pretty sure you'll be able to love it with a normal stem.

I'm going to (try to) built a singlespeed this weekend.

Now I was wondering, can you just use any frame? Any racingbike frame? Someone told me once about that the back fork needs to be a certain size?

umm conversions need to have 120 mm spacing in the rear (if im correct?)

or horizontal dropouts.

http://www.sheldonbrown.com/fixed-conversion.html

might wanna read that.

umm conversions need to have 120 mm spacing in the rear (if im correct?)

or horizontal dropouts.

http://www.sheldonbrown.com/fixed-conversion.html

might wanna read that.

naw you dont need 120mm. older frames are ~126mm iirc, cross/road now are...135..

if it's steel you can just coldset it if its that big of an issue

you do need track ends or horizontal dropouts, tho

anyone ever mess with triple triangle frames? how different are they from "normal" track geo?

they don't change the geometry at all. they just look different, but the biggest difference is that the third triangle adds alot of rigidity mostly laterally, but some horizontally as well.

just mastered mid skids and backward circles.

how long are your stems?

is having a bmx stem on a track bike a good idea?

my stem is so long that i feel like i need to lean forward a lot to do tricks and shit

just mastered mid skids and backward circles.

how long are your stems?

is having a bmx stem on a track bike a good idea?

my stem is so long that i feel like i need to lean forward a lot to do tricks and shit

my bikes large on me so i slammed back the stem

22115_1_large.jpg

easier to maneuver, and risers are easier to trick on (for many ppl i ride with)

are those omniums?

how are they (if they are)

first thing that ive noted is that they're stiff as hell and quite an upgrade from my miche primatos which were squared tapered. The external bottom bracket and integrated spindle are nice features also. another thing ive noticed is that the chainring runs really close to the chainstay. in fact,ive heard the cranks may strike on bikes with fatter chainstays, so take this into acount if you decide to get a set. overall i like them very much, and they look sweeet with the exception of the hollowed spindle. it trips me out to see a gaping hole in the center of my crank.

my bikes large on me so i slammed back the stem

22115_1_large.jpg

easier to maneuver, and risers are easier to trick on (for many ppl i ride with)

i have two options

1. get a thomson like everyone else

2. get a bmx stem and put that thomson shim

i think ill go with the latter

i am really wanting to start out the right way in building a sweet fixie. so i need some advice...

i think i shall start with the frame and work my way from there..should i try buying online?

if you know what to get scour ebay / craigslist, you can score superb deals.

i really didn't know much about bicycles so i just bought a complete