Bicyclettes

canice

ben's bike has sylvans, clips and toshi doubles for about $90 shipped. get on it!

if you can't spring for doubles off the bat, shittier single straps will do in the meantime for about $50 shipped. do yourself a favor and get toshi's though!

link meeee

im new to bikes

ah, i thought all would be for $90. was thinkin' it must be a steal cause toshi doubles are usually around $90 by themselves

that'd be a nice deal but you should look around at like forums that are catered to your metro area

(example: lafixed.com)

they always have people selling used goods / new goods etc and most times its a bargain~

I have ridden my dads old bianchi road bike but have no idea what size the frame is.

Its time for me to buy my own and i was looking at fixies im 5'10 170 what size frame should i get ? does it matter ?

ps its mostly for city riding so brands. or builds you think would be good don't hesitate to say :D

I have ridden my dads old bianchi road bike but have no idea what size the frame is.

Its time for me to buy my own and i was looking at fixies im 5'10 170 what size frame should i get ? does it matter ?

ps its mostly for city riding so brands. or builds you think would be good don't hesitate to say :D

go to a bike shop and test ride bikes to find out what size you are. it's so hard to guess what you'll feel comfortable riding over the internet. start with a 53/54cm and go up as needed.

Go here and do this:

http://www.competitivecyclist.com/za/CCY?PAGE=FIT_CALCULATOR_INTRO

THEN, once you have a little info as to what size (generally) you need you should go to a bike shop and test out some bikes.

going to a bike shop will cost you upwards of $200 to get sized and fit (most will do this and apply the cost to the bike for more expensive ones). just do that shit yourself to get a solid idea of sizes to ride. the rest comes in when fitting said bike, which can cost even more than that $200 at some higher end joints.

get a friend, give him some beer, have him help measure you via that guide and you're good to go.

dog shit?

naw more like

candy cane

or

barbies first track bike...

anyways about the whole fitting thing i really just said that to make them aware of the other possibilites, most people think that fitting a bike is just measure ur inseam, just wanted to make sure he knows that there is more to that and if he wanteed a really quality fit he would do that...

that said, its not really neccesary,

Another thing is its always to ride the bike before u buy it, like if u have a friend that rides or someone u know in the area with a bibike like the one ur going to ride, it would be good to take it for a test ride and see how it matches to u...

did you look at the competitive cyclist link? it has you measure inseam, torso, etc properly with levels. after you pop in the values it gives you 3 sets of different "fits" including stem and crank lengths. i'd rather do that than shell out $150-200+ to have someone at a shop do it unless i was making some super significant investment in a bike that i couldn't necessarily dial in on my own.

i got measured at my LBS for free. i had to stand inside (?) some machine with sensors attached to a computer. it took some measurements e.g. iliac crest to the foot but it only took like 10 mins max

ended up getting a 56cm

i'm about 6'1"

i always get fit for free at several LBS, even if i dont buy bikes from them. i thought that was normal.

and some people fit wierd , im just saying those "by the book" fitting doesnt always work. My cousin runs track and is 6"1 but runs a 55 because he can bend down without discomfort, for a better aero and allows arms to be fully extended for more comfort on longer events. basically his bike has a huge saddle to bar drop...

Im saying there is a definite advantage when a pro fits you compared to measure yourself up.

also im not saying go to any bike store to get fit cuz half of those guys dont know sht, but well known shops that do track too, they can help you more than ever immaginable, not just fit but also general tips...

that said

if the fit fits, and is comfortable for longer rides and feels good for sprints, just ride it. I really didnt care about fit until i ran on the track, makes a difference, but def not enough to drop couples bills for riding in the street.

i dunno my 2 cents...

i thought thats normal to get it done for free,

anyways there definetly is a big difference with getting measured by pro and by yourself, cuz its more than just measuring. also different people need different needs, my cuzzin runs long track events and is 6'1 and runs a 55, because he needs a ridiculous saddle to bar drop for his arms and short torso.

anyways there always exceptions like this and if u can get fit, go ahead, id suggest going to a proffesional bike shop to get fit and not just any because if you do, sometimes its not worth dealing with those fools.

I never got fitted until i ran track and its better for racing and such, but its not a huge difference to drop bills in order to ride better on the street.

if u can do it in a shop def do it if it doesnt kill ur wallet..

if not dont sweat about it, the competitive cycleist link will be MORE than enough..

most bike shops will "fit" you for free, meaning, they will find out which size bike you should be riding, saddle height/position, bar height, . and probably stem length.

a professional fit, dives WAY deeper, it deals with not only that, but tiny adjustments, like angles of your bars, brake lever positions, cleat adjustments, shoe fit, shims anywhere you'd need them. they'll replace your bars, bar tape, saddle, and trim shit you didn't think would need to be trimmed. most people that can charge $100+ for this service have been either doing it for years, or have taken very expensive classes for it.

so for a simple fit, yea, measuring yourself and looking at charts works fine, but for a real fit, it's worth the money. i've worked in 2 different shops that offer 2 completely different types of "pro-fits" and one was way better than the other.

most bike shops will "fit" you for free, meaning, they will find out which size bike you should be riding, saddle height/position, bar height, . and probably stem length.

a professional fit, dives WAY deeper, it deals with not only that, but tiny adjustments, like angles of your bars, brake lever positions, cleat adjustments, shoe fit, shims anywhere you'd need them. they'll replace your bars, bar tape, saddle, and trim shit you didn't think would need to be trimmed. most people that can charge $100+ for this service have been either doing it for years, or have taken very expensive classes for it.

so for a simple fit, yea, measuring yourself and looking at charts works fine, but for a real fit, it's worth the money. i've worked in 2 different shops that offer 2 completely different types of "pro-fits" and one was way better than the other.

thats the sht im talking about, but also ive heard different shops tell me that tracck fit and and a aggresive road bike fi is much different. I dunno whatever rocks your boat im just going to end up getting more people confused.

you guys are obsessing way too much over fit. For a fixed gear you're gonna dick around town with, here's all you need:

When your leg is maximally extended on the cranks, you want to have a slight bend at the knee (about 10 degrees).

When you are on the bars in your normal riding position, the top of your handlebars should align directly with your front wheel's hub. You shouldn't be able to see it slightly below or slightly above the center of the bars.

Place your hands where they would normally go (on the drops, on the top of the drops, on the risers, etc), put your elbow at a 90 degree angle, and then move your same side foot to a 90 degree angle as well on the cranks. They should just barely not touch each other.

PS: Thanks for quoting the bike, but I wouldn't have posted it if I wasn't gonna stand by it. It was fun as shit and was overtly american.

Here's my current ride:

bmwgangstarve9.jpg

w717.png

Apologies if this angers you further, dear sir

Fucking string of bad luck...

Took my frame the the LBS to get the headset and BB removed, dude ended up dinging my head tube.

The worst of it is I had a package with a wheelset coming in. Was home 'til 7 PM waiting and no UPS at my door, check the tracking and it said it was DELIVERED at 5 pm. Now I need to get a UPS investigation started, and these UPS people can't even direct me the right way.

This build ain't going too well.

But anyway, anyone go out riding in the rain the past few days? Real nice change from the California heat wave...

can you convert a fixed gear bike into a bike with multiple speeds?

why the fuck would you wanna do that?

crazy.

bmw track bikes look pretty sick.