Bicyclettes

canice

soo... i ended up just looking at it, and my shifter was just twisted on my bars.. so it only LOOKED fucked up :D i straightened it out, and got new white bartape. lookin schnazzy

any of you guys switch the brakes?

so the front brake goes with the right lever and vice versa?

thinking of doing this (naturally i go for the right rather than left)

i ride my brake on the right...but i only ride on brake. i'm just used to it from riding bmx for so long, i always forget i have a brake when it's on the left

I just got back from riding home from the grocery store. On the way back, there was this HUGE column of bikers riding 2 and 3 wide (motorcycles) going to some meet-up cruising down a little street in central Austin. I hit 2 hills in a row, so I was fucking hauling ass and weaving in and out of them. It was awesome/hilarious. Wish I had pictures. I'm sure they didn't think it was so funny.

It's a gorgeous day for riding. Too bad I have to make a bunch of ads for school.

Just thought I'd share. It was a good bicycle experience.

any of you guys switch the brakes?

so the front brake goes with the right lever and vice versa?

thinking of doing this (naturally i go for the right rather than left)

This is standard in Australia. The front brake is the right lever.

I believe it is so that when indicating a right turn (riding on the left side of the road), the rear brake is the brake that will control slowing down.

There's really not much quality difference between those two. It'll really come down to what kind of bike you want. Do you want to ride fixed or single speed? The kilo comes with a fixed cog and the messenger comes with SS. Sure you can change those when the bike arrives but its an extra cost. Are you going to ride with brakes? If so, the messenger comes with two already installed. The Kilo you'll have to buy one and install it. If none of that matters to you, pick on which one is better looking or in stock in your size.

the kilo is a much nicer frame. both bikes have shite parts.

trackstar... they are also having a sale tomorrow through friday where if you come in wearing someone else's beard, you get 20%.

Seeing as how I have little money... sales = awesome. Thanks a bunch.

Now, if only i knew how the bearded lady grew hers..... I suspect she ate her bread crusts.

i'm trying to remember what i have, but I forget.

pretty sure I have left going to the front brake. I'm right-handed, but that's what i have setup for polo since you use a mallet w/ your right hand.

pretty sure that's the setup on my bike, but it's outside and i'm at a lab.

Heres some information..not sure what it means, but hopefully someone know:

Puch Force II Mistral (uhh..frame?)

Tange Triple CR-MO Triple Butted Tubes (or is this the frame?)

Shimano 105 (brakes?)

Biopace (chainwheel)

Chen Shin (tires)

Champion? (handlebars)

Custom-M? (pedals)

Not sure about the seat..I guess it's stock?

Any piece of information or clarification would be nice!

edit: How do I know if the frame fits? I guess comfortable enough.

apparently the schwinn madison is supposed to come with headset spacers but i never got it with mine.

how do they work?

just put them under your stem and re-screw everything back on?

another question: who uses bike trainers and any reccs ??

yea basically. get the stem to just above the top of the steerer tube and tigthten everything with the top cap and stem.

Just got a new vivalo. Merry Christmas to me!

IMG_9248.jpg

soo.. if i went with some friends to the velodrome 2 hours north of my town with my geared road bike.. would i get neg repped in person? or could i do a few laps and fuck around.