Bicyclettes

canice

I crashed and I need a new rear wheel. Decided this after ~4 hours of work trying to re-true it... but the spoke tension is all sorts of fucked.

Are alexrims r-450 ok (for ~$60 for the rear wheel/ $110 for the set)?

How about Forte Titan's for $160 for the set?

Can anyone recommend a different decent rear wheel or whole wheelset on a budget?

I crashed and I need a new rear wheel. Decided this after ~4 hours of work trying to re-true it... but the spoke tension is all sorts of fucked.

Can anyone recommend a different decent rear wheel or whole wheelset on a budget?

if there the sealed cartridge bearing r450s, thats a pretty good deal.

after burning through 2 pairs of Alex wheelsets, i bought some Mavic CXP22 w/ Formula hubs, and they've been perfect and true for almost a year now. great combo for the price. i now have them on 2 bikes.

http://wheelandsprocket.com/itemdetails.cfm?id=7103 has them for $149 but looks sold out possibly? i've seen them for $199 at some other places.

If you rely on your bike or ride pretty hard you should spring for a decent rim. A Mavic or Velocity of pretty much any kind should do the trick, but you can figure that a rear wheel will cost you a little over $100.

Worth the extra.

Hm, my pickle at the moment is that I'm leaving in a months to travel Southeast Asia for 2 months, so I don't want to go and blow potential travel-money on an expensive wheelset. But the clicking/rattling of the spokes on my rear wheel is freaking me the fuck out.

after burning through 2 pairs of Alex wheelsets, i bought some Mavic CXP22 w/ Formula hubs, and they've been perfect and true for almost a year now. great combo for the price. i now have them on 2 bikes.

http://wheelandsprocket.com/itemdetails.cfm?id=7103 has them for $149 but looks sold out possibly? i've seen them for $199 at some other places.

Damn those would be fantastic... except that I have gears. Any other ideas in that price range?

i had some 'clicking and rattling' up front that i thought was a wheel tension problem, but it was incredibly pitted bearing races on some shitty stock KHS hubs (even though they're on some awesome semiaero araya rims). sounded like a popping/ping sound.

Interesting... I will look into that if I get time. I've had some far more knowledgeable folks than me take a look, though, and they corroborated my suspicion about the dodgy spoke situation. He took a quick look/feel at the hub and said the bearings felt ok.

I'm looking to get my girl a new frame that's pink for x mas. Size 48 - 50 cm.

Right now she has a KHS frame that rides single speed.

She has bright green deep v's and I was thinking of getting her pink so I could cut a bunch of watermelon seeds out of electric tape to make it unique.

If anybody has any good leads I'd love to hear em.