Bicyclettes

canice

question for everyone: i've got a tubular wheelset and i need to put new tubulars on it. i've seen the 3 for $50 deal at yellow jersey, i'm thinking about buying from them. does anyone know if the tires are good? i don't really skid ever, so i'm deff. keeping the wheels, but i also have never installed tubulars. i'd like to learn, just want to make sure it's worth it

i've installed a few cheap tubulars (~$25 per)...nothing to be excited about, and wore quickly. Basically, you could tell they were cheap tires.

Have installed many, many tubulars from $75 to $110. Substantial difference in rubber, base tape, casing, roundness, etc.

I hate recommending them, but Tufo tubulars are stout and last. Continental Sprinter Gatorskins are my preferred tire, but don't have to robustness of the Tufo.

As far as install, go here: http://www.parktool.com/repair/readhowto.asp?id=61

It's the same method that is found in USA Cycling's Mechanics Handbook. It's the method used for gluing tires on US track team wheels, which see loads unlike anything any of us will ever put out.

question for everyone: i've got a tubular wheelset and i need to put new tubulars on it. i've seen the 3 for $50 deal at yellow jersey, i'm thinking about buying from them. does anyone know if the tires are good? i don't really skid ever, so i'm deff. keeping the wheels, but i also have never installed tubulars. i'd like to learn, just want to make sure it's worth it

I can stop there on my way to class and check them out for you. Which ones are they?

saddle's lookin' saggy.

51425CGENFL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Do you guys usually buy small frames and put up the saddle really high?

interesting...

I'd like an Hplus son wheel set but i've no idea how to put a wheel together...

So I went to my LBS today to get a bigger cog, and found out that the shop that built my wheelset diddnt grease the old cog and now my hub is stripped. So I had to ride home brakeless and freewheel.

Now the shop that fucked up my wheel wants me to pay to ship the wheel to them to look at, and they wont even pay for shipping even if they find it to be their fault. So basically there is no way Im going to get money for the problem they caused.

Anyone selling a 32H rear track hub?

I'd like an Hplus son wheel set but i've no idea how to put a wheel together...

the deep v's i bought they are charging me 40 labor fees per wheel ... so that kinda blows. (280 for parts / 80 for labor and rest in taxes)

anyways, on my saddle my sit bones hurt (i can pinpoint two bruises exactly where they are) im looking for a new saddle but how's one figure out which one to try w/o being able to try it out?

It's the same method that is found in USA Cycling's Mechanics Handbook. It's the method used for gluing tires on US track team wheels, which see loads unlike anything any of us will ever put out.

I'm going to go ahead and agree to disagree.

There's a big difference between just velo racing and riding on the streets.

im new to this fixie thing and am looking to buy a new stem and handlebars for my 07 bianchi pista. been looking at some nittos but for just the one stem there are several "types" ie 80mm, 90mm, 100mm and so on. wat does this number mean and and how should it affect my purchase? any help would be appreciated

im new to this fixie thing and am looking to buy a new stem and handlebars for my 07 bianchi pista. been looking at some nittos but for just the one stem there are several "types" ie 80mm, 90mm, 100mm and so on. wat does this number mean and and how should it affect my purchase? any help would be appreciated

those would be the different lengths. a longer stem means you would be leaning over more, shorter stem the opposite. whatever you like better, it really depends on the way your bike fits you.