Bicyclettes

canice

I think so. I have ridden a flite, and an arione, both supposed to be some of the most comfortable saddles out there. I have been riding the regal only a short period of time, but no soreness yet.

also, are you riding with spandex? it will help immensely. jeans will fuck up your shit too.

nah, dont have any spandex, just did that long ride last night in short gym shorts, nothing padded though. i have like, padded underwear shit i wore when i rode motocross and all that, i might have to dig them up and see if they got gooch paddin'

I think so. I have ridden a flite, and an arione, both supposed to be some of the most comfortable saddles out there. I have been riding the regal only a short period of time, but no soreness yet.

i have an arione at the moment and its been good. then again i haven't done longer than a ~30mi ride with it. chingon, were you not happy with it? can you compare it to the regal (i've never tried any san marco saddles)?

Saddles are different for everyone; no ones sit-bones and pelvis are shaped the same!

Regal's are wide--most importantly to their shape--and flat. If you have wider sit bones, you're not hanging off the sides like a narrower saddle.

Finding the perfect saddle is hit and miss, and it is typical for one to try a few (many) before finding one that's just right.

I need help with BB's. Does anyone know what spindle length will work with a Pake Track Crank?

As I recall track BBs are small, 102mm or 103mm. But as important is the frame you're using, dropout widths and size of chainring. I've always got away with Shimano BBs of 105mm or 107mm for singlespeed and got decent chainlines. These are usually on converted road frames with 127mm dropouts. BBs really are suck it and see.

And on the 32 hub on 24 rim, it'll work. But why would you want to. It'd look really bad and be an utter sod to lace (and many of the spoke length calculators will be thrown by it).

The hub flanges might also, and this is just a hunch, be more prone to failure as spokes will be laced across unused drillings. For an extra few £$ I'd buy a cheap 32 hole Mavic Open Sport rim.

I'll second the Arione…after getting adjusted to the length and width of the saddle, it's super comfortable for me because I like the options for different seating positions.

Hey All,

I have a sz53cm GT track frameset for sale

Extra: Comes with Shimano 600 headset

Colour:OEM flouro pink. .

Condition: it was a display item only and never ridden on road or track, unfortunately few scratches on the dropout otherwise prefect.

Cheers,

Dubbo.

Hey All,

I have a sz53cm GT track frameset for sale

Extra: Comes with Shimano 600 headset

Colour:OEM flouro pink. .

Condition: it was a display item only and never ridden on road or track, unfortunately few scratches on the dropout otherwise prefect.

Cheers,

Dubbo.

It's it the Pulse or GTB frame, how much do you want for it as well, they're so hot!

Lemme know, I'm interested.

Has anyone had any experience with wheelies and such tricks on road to fixed conversions? Or are they far too heavy?

Road bike can be lighter than track frame...well dude if u got skill u can pop wheelie on a market bike. Soooooo weight aint really a factor...

Train Heavy - Train with heavier bike...

Race Light. - race with ligther bike....

hmm. that makes sense. I'm riding a Schwinn Caliente conversion (weighs about 26 lbs) but it's a little big for me and I've been trying to wheelie and I think it might be the fact that it's too big that's preventing me from doing it.

I found the Pave CX to be more comfortable than the Arione, but that's on the tri bike and not my fixie. Speaking of which, I need a new saddle for that. Bontrager's saddle fucking blows.

Update:

Got a Brooks Team Pro honey saddle. Haven't ridden it yet and it looks a little goofy, but I'm excited.

am i correct in assuming that, as far as just cruising goes at least, getting from a to b, fixies are less tiring on ones legs than single speeds since the cranks are always in motion resulting in less effort needed peddling? or is that just failed logic?

if you can make sense of that i mean..

am i correct in assuming that, as far as just cruising goes at least, getting from a to b, fixies are less tiring on ones legs than single speeds since the cranks are always in motion resulting in less effort needed peddling? or is that just failed logic?

if you can make sense of that i mean..

I think you're talking about two things.

Firstly fixed gear forces you to spin. Good for 'suplesse' as the French say. And good for efficiency too. So yes spinning will mean less effort than trying to push huge gears. Secondly the flywheel effect of a fixed gear will also give a small amount of added forward momentum, making it feel a little easier pedalling once you get up to speed.

Update:

Got a Brooks Team Pro honey saddle. Haven't ridden it yet and it looks a little goofy, but I'm excited.

Update on the update:

Holy FUCK that saddle is hard. I've got to go ride 5 miles now and while that isn't very much, I'm certain that my taint will be bruised and battered at the end of the ride.

Should I be rubbing this thing with wonderful oils to break it in or should I just let me sensitive bits take the pounding until it softens?