Bicyclettes

canice

i ran some errans today on breakless bmx. bailed riding a wheelie down university but other then almost get run over it was pretty fun. it just sux doing anything that isnt downhill

you're a crazy motherfucker. i'm going to call you slick nic

Anyone see that Vans is putting out a shoe for cycling now? Comes with matching saddle bags, haha.

http://www.crookedtongues.com/news/

Nice bike. As fun as fixed gear can be, I just can't fuck with the whole "lets turn our bikes into oversized BMX" movement going on in some areas

nice avatar, dead wizard! descendents!

anyway so im torn between buying a pista now for $650 or an iro mark v or wait for kilo tt

any suggestions? pros and cons? im like so confuse right now ;/

this will be my 1st fixxie just for weekend morning biking

plus i laugh everytime you noobs post on here compairing the se lager, winsor and kilo tt. they are the same bike. they are all made in the same factory.

read like 3 pages back

but still..... go with the iro

Iro is a small company still. They do good service, and the owner, is a top-notch dude. He'll give you no problems and will stand by his product 15666666%. Good frames to boot, only downside, most of the decals are under the clearcoat, so it's IRO or IRO.

nice avatar, dead wizard! descendents!

anyway so im torn between buying a pista now for $650 or an iro mark v or wait for kilo tt

any suggestions? pros and cons? im like so confuse right now ;/

this will be my 1st fixxie just for weekend morning biking

IRO Mark V>Pista>Kilo

IRO's got the best components out of all of them. Kilo has nice geometry for the price, but I was sorely let down by the quality of everything else. 350 sounds like a deal until you have to replace cranks, rims, BB, and pedals due to them busting.

Iro is a small company still. They do good service, and the owner, is a top-notch dude. He'll give you no problems and will stand by his product 15666666%. Good frames to boot, only downside, most of the decals are under the clearcoat, so it's IRO or IRO.

I can not and will not agree with this statement. That dude was the most elusive and dodgy person I've ever dealt with after paying for my order. Took 8 months for me to get my frame.

for the price, i'd never buy a mark v with their components. way too expensive for what it is.

^^damn 8 months ;/

^i was actually planning on building one with the cromoly frame from bikeisland but small sizes are sold out. im still waiting from bikeisland/bikersdirect to update their shipment. im not in a rush but every weekend that pass you kinda wished you have the bike already

IRO Mark V>Pista>Kilo

IRO's got the best components out of all of them. Kilo has nice geometry for the price, but I was sorely let down by the quality of everything else. 350 sounds like a deal until you have to replace cranks, rims, BB, and pedals due to them busting.

7+ months going strong on all of that, except the pedals. The pedals are shit when they're new, horrible bearings.

i'm sure tony's worked out the kinks in his business. my account and about a handfull of others are the only ones that have had any substantial problems. everyone seems to love their iro otherwise.

Woah, yeah. Everybody I know and their grandmother who rides a fixie loves IRO. That sucks you had to weight eight months...

I am not down with IRO. I bought one a while back, and the fork broke after maybe a month or two of riding. Their customer support wouldn't pick up the phone or reply to emails from me or my bike shop, I was forced to buy another fork at full price.

i think someone should build up one of those bike island lugged frames. i wanna grab one to get a single speed, because they look classy as fuck, but money is better left in my bank account right now.

Man, shame about the cable stops on those. Useless if you have no rear brake, and they get caught on your pants all the damn time if you're not using them. If they really want to make these things SS capable for people that don't want to run a super long piece of cable housing, they should make little holes similar to water bottle braze ons on the bottom of the tube and little cable stops you can screw on if you really want them, that way people that don't run a rear brake don't have to look at those damn braze ons all the time.

Woah, yeah. Everybody I know and their grandmother who rides a fixie loves IRO. That sucks you had to weight eight months...

it wasn't even the waiting. it was the initial story of "yeah i'll get that frame out today" to ignoring emails and phone calls for the next 8 months that really dropped my jaw. in the end, he didn't even have the size or color i preordered left.

I am not down with IRO. I bought one a while back, and the fork broke after maybe a month or two of riding. Their customer support wouldn't pick up the phone or reply to emails from me or my bike shop, I was forced to buy another fork at full price.

dont lie you wanted that pink fork

I feel like it's in its infancy.

I think a cross between a MTB singlespeed, fixed gear, and BMX would be great. Like a MTB park bike has evolved into a form of freestyle riding that doesn't destroy you like a BMX does.

Its called Street its been around for a long while now, people mostly ride single speed, often 24", but with sus up front. Check out www.ridestreet.co.uk