Bicyclettes

canice

Electra's are definitely nice bikes, my shop just started carrying them and they are very popular right now. they are a bit expensive, but you get what you pay for. they also make cruisers with 3+ gears which is really cool as well as the Amsterdam bikes with working lights. such a cool company if you're into cruisers.

Most of the discussion here is about fixed gears . . . but I'm thinking about getting a cruiser as a second bike. Does anybody know anything about these? I was looking an Electra Coaster 1, but have no idea. Lots of websites have the exact same set of bikes for less than $200. The Electra has Shimano components and an aluminum frame. I'm gonna drive to a LBS today or tomorrow and see what they have. I like these aluminum "Kroozie" cup holders you can get.:D

1141298.jpg

These things are heavy as fuck, trust. We have a couple of those at Bicycles West (My work) and they're pretty much tanks. Coaster brake, medium tread tires, platform pedals, fatty ass seats, and handlebars that spread your chest out.

Word if they float your boat though

2dhxjec.jpg

pretty much stock except for the continental back tire, the quil stem, and the mks clips. I had the bars flipped and chopped when i had the stem installed. I'm not the biggest fan of the stems aesthetic. What do you guys think? I was thinking that sometime in the future i'd try and get a cinelli stem and some riser bars, that is if i ever decide to go brakeless.

hehe one of my soma toeclips broke... before my soma doubles...

still going strong xD

salty road, that quill stem is beyond ugly...a nitto jaguar would be nice instead.

Is there any way that I can tell what certain measurement or kind of stem will fit? When I went to the shop and asked for a stem the guy told me that the only stem he could find with that short of a body to be raised up was this one. I thought I'd need my stem to be raised higher when really I just needed the top tube length of it to be shorter so i could be closer to the bars.

superconfessional:

I had a dream (nightmare) last night that I moved to san francisco and the first day someone stole my bike. I recovered my bike, nd I wasn't too bummed, until I realized they had drilled my fork. in my dream I actually threw my head back and screamed: "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!"

Tarck?

2598478727_27cbd034ac_b.jpg

2598478739_135007c262_b.jpg

2598478747_87072fb286_b.jpg

Mercier 50cm

Nitto 100mm Gold Jaguar, Nitto 2500AA Purple Flat Bars, Red Oury Grips

Stock Mercier Fork, Shimano 105 headset

Bianchi XL Levitation 16h rim, Bianchi carbon fiber hub, spoke beads

32h Open Pro laced to a fixed/fixed Surly hub, spoke cards

Stronglight 170 crank arms and bottom bracket

Thomson Elite, Turbo

MKS sylvans, MKS clips, 2 sets of Christophe vinyl straps

46t 1/8" red Sugino chainring, 17t 1/8th Surly cog

www.tarckbike.com fuck what you heard

stupidest shit i've seen in a while. not even remotely humorous.

it's also some wannabe shit. I wish I could find the pic of the kerin frame, I think it was a bridgestone, that had the three pads on it like three years ago.

Is there any way that I can tell what certain measurement or kind of stem will fit? When I went to the shop and asked for a stem the guy told me that the only stem he could find with that short of a body to be raised up was this one. I thought I'd need my stem to be raised higher when really I just needed the top tube length of it to be shorter so i could be closer to the bars.

:/..................

I want a stem that will work well with riser bars just incase. Any reccomendations?

superbikeconfessional: just got back from a roughly 19 mile ride. being a little drunk, wide awake, and bored (since no one else is awake at 430am) leads to weird shit apparently, and exercise. jokes aside, most likely the most exercise ive gotten in the past 6 mon. at least. took me about an hour and a half, to a friends house and back. i feel accomplished.

*edit- how much/often does one typically have to ride before his ass bones stop hurting?

not much if you have a good saddle and its positioned properly...

if lucky i get maybe one good ride a week now and have never had a problem even on spontaneous longer rides.

uh, three years, until I got a regal.

thanks, elaborate on regal? my gooch is sore as hell