What does 553 stamped on rivit Signify on 501s

walletboy

i think Paul T's mentioned that Levi's will not disclose the corresponding locations to their number codes, company secret or something...or i might have remembered wrongly.

What's Levi's problem. If they don't want people to know about their products, why do they go to the trouble of stamping numbers on ths backs of the rivets. And with people trashing Levi's left and right, you would think that they would actually try to INFORM people who actually give a crap about their decling products.

• 3 weeks later...
What's Levi's problem. If they don't want people to know about their products, why do they go to the trouble of stamping numbers on ths backs of the rivets. And with people trashing Levi's left and right, you would think that they would actually try to INFORM people who actually give a crap about their decling products.

It's not really a huge deal. You'll find lots of other manufacturers whose wares are heavily counterfeited won't give out this sort of information. Levi's don't hand out clues on how to spot counterfeit product, because then the counterfeiters will simply change those particual tell-tales.

I had been promised the factory codes, but over that period, there happened to be a huge number of counterfeits hit the market (many of them being sold by Urban Outfitters). So when I called my source back, he had suddenly got twitchy about handing out the information. I am sure at some time, if I take him out for a drink, I can get the info. But i have to have a reason to get his kind of thing, ie a current project.