I miss Seattle

mizanation

man, it's been years since i've been back. been living on the east coast for over 10 years now... new york for seven of them... time passes so quickly...

i miss the food--maybe the best burgers in the U.S. (or second to california), awesome Japanese food, awesome Chinese food, great food at Ivar's, great bars, great diners, great cafe's.

i miss people being laid back.

i miss the trees and nature the most. i miss skiing in the winter time. i miss being surrounded by plants and beautiful scenery.

i miss cruising around the city. i miss driving in general.

i miss the view from my mom's lakeview apartment.

i miss capital hill, i miss belltown, i miss U-district, i miss ballard, i miss downtown, i miss freemont, i miss shoreline...

i miss low crime.

i miss my mom's cookin'.

new york is a great place to make money and get your hustle on, but seattle is a great place to really live.

time to move back to the westcoast man, we chill out here.see you soon.pz :rolleyes:

man, it's been years since i've been back. been living on the east coast for over 10 years now... new york for seven of them... time passes so quickly...

i miss the food--maybe the best burgers in the U.S. (or second to california), awesome Japanese food, awesome Chinese food, great food at Ivar's, great bars, great diners, great cafe's.

i miss people being laid back.

i miss the trees and nature the most. i miss skiing in the winter time. i miss being surrounded by plants and beautiful scenery.

i miss cruising around the city. i miss driving in general.

i miss the view from my mom's lakeview apartment.

i miss capital hill, i miss belltown, i miss U-district, i miss ballard, i miss downtown, i miss freemont, i miss shoreline...

i miss low crime.

i miss my mom's cookin'.

new york is a great place to make money and get your hustle on, but seattle is a great place to really live.

ok. here's my opinion.

best burger: red mill burger. this is the king of hamburgers.

best burger honorable mention: dick's. there are two locations, both open late. they have the best fries you've ever had.

best fish and chips: ivar's. you've never had fish and chips if you haven't had ivar's. i've had fish and chips all over the place, even london, but nothing compares to ivar's. they have the best fish and chips in the world, you won't believe it when you're eating it. plus, they have the best clam chowder i've ever had.

best cafe: man, there's so many, it is seattle, after all. seattle is known for starbuck's but it's the little independant diners which make the city special. you'll find many like the dilettante on broadway (where they serve incredible chocolates), and some which are more down to earth. every neighborhood has several very, very cool cafe's. i miss the old speakeasy cafe. it was an internet cafe before anyone knew what the internet was. i went there for the cool vibe, pretty girls and the great music.

diners: ok, i'm gonna go with minnie's. it's open late and they have the best after drinking food i've had. get their tomato basil soup, you won't be dissapointed.

there's also andy's diner, which is a converted railroad car.

bars: there's a ton of bars in belltown. many pubs, dive bars, and microbrewery type bars. i left seattle way before drinking age, so i'm not too knowledgeable. i used to sneak into bars when i was a kid if there was a jazz band playing. i would bring my horn and tell the bouncer i was part of the band. then, i'd convince the band to let me play and after that, i was usually welcome back anytime i wanted--of course, they wouldn't let me drink though.

best japanese: the best place closed down a couple years ago, called Koraku. it was a tiny hole in the wall that didn't change their prices since the 80s. the best ramen in seattle and so far, in my opinion, the entire united states! unfortunately, they closed down. the day they closed there was a line that stretched around the block.

best chinese: sea garden in the international district. awesome food. also, i really like mandarin palace on highway 99--maybe for sentimental reasons, i grew up eating there all the time.

Seattle!

For the record, best chowder is not at ivars. Go to pike's place market, and then in this small alley between the main walkway and some shops selling multi colored pepper deocrationthings theres this chowder place that is out of this world. Destroys Ivars. I wish I could remember what it's called. If there's a guy playing guitar across the path from the seats you know you ahve the place.

I hate how I live here and dont' know half the stuff you threw out. Oh, Dicks as an honorable mention? man, I dunno. Dicks is the shit, but like, nowhere near a "good burger" type establishment. It's super unhealthy but just tastes good.

U district you want a good burger go to the Ram and get the burboun blackjack burger or something. Delicious.

BUT LET ME BREAK IT DOWN FOR YOU...

SEATTLE

supersonics, seahawks, mariners

PORTLAND

jailblazers

winner: seattle

-----------------

SEATTLE

puget sound

PORTLAND

columbia river

------------------

SEATTLE

mount rainer

PORTLAND

mount hood

------------------

SEATTLE

the stranger

PORTLAND

the mercury

------------------

SEATTLE

speed limit 70

PORTLAND

speed limit 65

------------------

SEATTLE

the space needle

PORTLAND

???

-----------------

SEATTLE

pretty bad traffic

PORTLAND

decent traffic

winner: portland

--------------------

SEATTLE

you can pump your own gas

PORTLAND

you are not trusted to even pump your own gas

THE CHOICE IS CLEAR. DO NOT MAKE ME KEEP GOING.

i like it when you make lists of shit i don't care about. :cool:

i like seattle just fine, actually.

and in the interest of even partially stemming the tide of everyone and their fucking sister moving to portland:

artificialsky is right. portland sucks balls. i have no idea why i live here. please save yourself the heartache and don't move here. seattle is WAY better and will be overjoyed to receive you!

For the record I totally miss San Francisco, for all of the reasons miz listed above. West Coast is the Best Coast.

fuck, i miss san fran, too. by no means new york is a crappy city, but san fran is a special place. the problem is, everybody knows that, and there are only so many jobs available for so many people there.

but miz is selling me on seattle, too.