samurai denim contest [pics]

beatle

hey guys, got an email from the legend himself this morning. thought i'd share it with you guys:

i checked out the samurai thread!

i was surprised to find that there were people outside of japan who wore japanese repro jeans, especially a brand like samurai which isn't even the most well-known brand over here.

i've heard of people abroad who wore evisus, full counts and denimes before.

but i wasn't expecting people to even have a notion of enjoying color fades like we do here in japan.

until now, only things i've seen were hip hop type people wearing oversize evisus in magazines.

but it brings great joy to me to find out there were people out there with same type of enthusiasm as denim fans including me do here in japan.

and on top of this, i was even more surprised to see people were getting beautiful fades on their jeans.

now i have to really work on updating my jeans, too. (laughing)

well that's it for now.

thanks, chicken.

it's nice to hear that the man is giving us props.

he's a very humble and friendly guy.

i sent him an email months ago, but he just found it in his junk email folder recently. he apologized about it even though it wasn't his fault. he's also excited about the dirty dozen +1 project and he knows ryu from before. he told me he's rooting for us.

on a unrelated note, was that u Chicken in Uniqlo I saw the other day? I was on my cell I should of done the sufu hand signal....

ah good then... I'm glad I didn't call who ever that was chicken then...