samurai denim contest [pics]

beatle

honestly, i think this contest has been one of the greatest thing that has happened to superdenim. kudos to all the participants.

i agree. although i am not participating in the dubbleworks contest, i'm interested in seeing how that turns out seeing there are triple the number of contestants. i feel like i'm the only one posting now.

i agree. although i am not participating in the dubbleworks contest, i'm interested in seeing how that turns out seeing there are triple the number of contestants. i feel like i'm the only one posting now.

6.6 times the number... 200 in the warehouse one

so have we figured out how we're going to take final pics of our jeans yet? as everyone who is involved knows how tricky it is to capture theses babies. are we just taking shots on our own or should we send them to someone who can take shots of each pair in the same lighting/atmosphere, etc, etc...? some may feel it might be an unfair advantage if someone has a friend who is a professional photo person vs. someone who has just a point & shoot. -please discuss:

i agree here. i have so many different lighting conditions. maybe sidney or ayn would be able to help us out for the US folk?

-yeah I was thinking sidney or ayn, mos def... of course we would pay for shipping to and back...

so have we figured out how we're going to take final pics of our jeans yet? as everyone who is involved knows how tricky it is to capture theses babies. are we just taking shots on our own or should we send them to someone who can take shots of each pair in the same lighting/atmosphere, etc, etc...? some may feel it might be an unfair advantage if someone has a friend who is a professional photo person vs. someone who has just a point & shoot. -please discuss:

unfair? nothing or everything is unfair. some have deskjobs, some move around a lot all day, some have a lot of rep etc. why is it wrong that some people have something that is good? shouldn't everyone be responsible themselves to provide adequate pictures of their jeans?

this doesn't come to a surprise to anyone, we all know and knew how hard it is to take a good picture.

Those who can't do it themselves, go to a studio and pay someone to do it. I will probably do this.

I don't oppose the idea that one person would take take pictures of all jeans, I oppose your claim that it's unfair that not everyone is and have exactly the same things.

It's not unfair, no one else's problem and it isn't unfair that I had 11 months. I knew I would.

it's really about continuity.... and seeing the jeans in the same lighting and positions.

Well - getting the jeans to one photographer might turn out quite difficult..Moz and I will have to pay 90 $ each if we ship them to Sid (one way with tracking and airmail costs 42 Euro !!)

honestly - I think that most people who've taken pictures of their Jeans over the last 10 months know what is a good light or time to take a pic...

And those who have a chance to get somewhat more sophisticated/ professional pics / or know someone with a good camera should use it..

In the end - I don't think it's gonna make such a big difference.