samurai denim contest [pics]

beatle

I also used fabric glue to put a piece of denim behind the hole from my wallet that I'm thinking about sewing in. I like how the patch jobs give the jeans one more little personal aspect. Nice work beatle.

thanks..it feels very personal to do these small repairs by hand and on your own..

I was thinking of letting my neighbor do it - she's got a sewing machine - but once you've spend so much time with a pair of Jeans - and they've been treating you so well - it feels kind of strange to let "strangers" do the job...weird...I know

Its a sugarcane belt.

The bottom left corner of my left back pocket is coming unstitched and starting to come up. I also used fabric glue to put a piece of denim behind the hole from my wallet that I'm thinking about sewing in. I like how the patch jobs give the jeans one more little personal aspect. Nice work beatle.

Is that the brown or the tan model?

Some minor repairs and cosmetics today.

After looking at my front pockets like this:

Sept1st2007006.jpg

I realized I missed the stitching that used to be there... so I put it back on both pockets:

Sept1st2007012.jpg

Also almost all the thread around the button hole was gone and that could spell disaster for jeans if it rips through, so I rewove around the button hole:

Sept1st2007015.jpg

Finally my back right pocket fell off /ripped off again last night and I sewed it back on for the umpteenth time:

Sept1st2007016.jpg

sorry, tommyhibbs' i mean...but you gotta put more wear from now till november...

Honestly I'm not really too concerned with winning the competition. I just think its kind of cool that we can all share our experiences wearing the same pair of jeans.

Oh and my belt is just a raw leather sugarcane belt that I got a couple months after the contest started.

I just came back after a 33 day vacation in China, Japan, and Korea.

My pants smell like jalapenos and they were damp/moist/wet whatever you will, EVERYDAY. Raws in a humid environment probably have better progress than those in a dry environment-- see tommyhibbs (is your part of texas humid?), polyrock, and CHEEP as some examples... sweat sweat sweat. At night, I can't even take my damn pants off without a struggle.

I'll post some pictures when I get a chance to sort through them. That, and my sammies are going to Disneyland in 1 hour. Hihi familytime.

I just came back after a 33 day vacation in China, Japan, and Korea.

My pants smell like jalapenos and they were damp/moist/wet whatever you will, EVERYDAY. Raws in a humid environment probably have better progress than those in a dry environment-- see tommyhibbs (is your part of texas humid?), polyrock, and CHEEP as some examples... sweat sweat sweat. At night, I can't even take my damn pants off without a struggle.

I'll post some pictures when I get a chance to sort through them. That, and my sammies are going to Disneyland in 1 hour. Hihi familytime.

Yeah its pretty humid here. I just checked the weather and today were looking at about 77 percent humidity.

hey guys, got an email from the legend himself this morning. thought i'd share it with you guys:

サムライジーンズのレポートサイト拝見させて頂きました!

まず外国に日本のレプリカジーンズ、

しかも日本でもさほどメジャーではないサムライジーンズを買って穿いてる方々が居られるということに驚きました。

外国でもエビスジーンズやフルカウント、ドゥニームなどが

人気を集めてるとどこかで聞いた事がありますが

自分の感覚では日本のように「色落ちを楽しむ」という概念はないだろうなと思ってました。

実際、エビスジーンズなんかはヒップホップ系のファッションを好む層に人気があってオーバーサイズをダボダボ穿いているのを雑誌で見たことがあります。

でも居られたんですね僕を含め日本のジーンズファンと同じような感覚の持ち主が。

これは凄く嬉しいことです。

しかもみなさん良い色落ちに仕上げちゃってて尚更驚きました。

こっちも気合入れて更新しないとだめですね(笑)

ではでは。

i checked out the samurai thread!

i was surprised to find that there were people outside of japan who wore japanese repro jeans, especially a brand like samurai which isn't even the most well-known brand over here.

i've heard of people abroad who wore evisus, full counts and denimes before.

but i wasn't expecting people to even have a notion of enjoying color fades like we do here in japan.

until now, only things i've seen were hip hop type people wearing oversize evisus in magazines.

but it brings great joy to me to find out there were people out there with same type of enthusiasm as denim fans including me do here in japan.

and on top of this, i was even more surprised to see people were getting beautiful fades on their jeans.

now i have to really work on updating my jeans, too. (laughing)

well that's it for now.