Hot Cross Wears Samurais.

Guest Airjamie

Guest Airjamie

Yes the "screamo" band. I saw them tonight with Das Oath (who were fucking amazing live by the way) and the bassist was wearing the most beautifully worn pair of samurais ive ever seen. I mean these shits were knockouts.

This same show i believe is happening in new york on halloween at some Polish night club. But then Ampere and Das Oath are playing with Off Minor instead of Hot Cross 4 days later at a house in Bushwick, somewhere off the Jefferson stop on the L. Not too much of a Hot Cross fan, definitely going to the Nov. 4th show. See some of you guys there?

PS: Das Oath definitely IS ex-Charles Bronson.

Guest Airjamie

Really? Thats great I had no idea. Das Oath IS ex-cb, mark the singer was in CB. The rest of the guys are from holland. If you get a chance to go see this tour, DO NOT MISS IT. Das oath are fucking amazing live. Not to mention ampere are ex-ORCHID.

talk about surreal...

I'm here in Atlanta on tour and I thought I'd check out Supertalk and saw all this. Very funny.

If it was me you were talking about, I only brought my SD103s with me. My contest sammies are sitting at home mocking me for the fact that I can't wear them for a few days. IMO, Casey (guitarist) has some of the best fading I've ever seen on any jeans... and they're $50 Dickies that he's had for years.

Um.. yeah. If you're anywhere in the southeast and you happen to see us, say hello. Whenever I start talking about jeans to my bandmates, they roll their eyes so it would be fun to have someone to talk shop with.

EDIT: also, don't ever call us screamo or I will kick someone.

That's what I like to hear.

Guest Fade to Black
talk about surreal...

I'm here in Atlanta on tour and I thought I'd check out Supertalk and saw all this. Very funny.

If it was me you were talking about, I only brought my SD103s with me. My contest sammies are sitting at home mocking me for the fact that I can't wear them for a few days. IMO, Casey (guitarist) has some of the best fading I've ever seen on any jeans... and they're $50 Dickies that he's had for years.

Um.. yeah. If you're anywhere in the southeast and you happen to see us, say hello. Whenever I start talking about jeans to my bandmates, they roll their eyes so it would be fun to have someone to talk shop with.

i remember seein you post your jean shops i thought they had a nice fade...i wouldn't mind seein some pics of the samurais the original poster was talkin about.

BTW would you say Jean Shop is a pretty fast-fading jean?

They don't fade too fast... at least from the pair I am currently working on.

• 4 weeks later...
i thought he was in the The Oath not Das Oath and i thought that band broke up ages ago.xColdricex you're from Michigan...did you go to any Michigan HC shows in the 90's at Trumbull or 404 Willis???

haha yeah. trumbull. i saw los crudos, his hero is gone, and shit there. at one of the los crudos shows, the guitarist broke his string so while they were waiting for him to put on a new one. martin told the drummer and bassist to lay down a beat so the crusty punks could dance- no one did. so martin started busting some old school breakdance moves and some turtles and windmills. that shit really got me into hiphop culture right there. haha.

im loollling if you're serious

his last name is werner

i bet there are a lot of band dudes that are down

my friends little brother is in head automatica

so i kicked it with them once

and one dude had a pair of pretty legit jean shop's

and another had some lee's

I was actually listening to Lying Through Your Teeth while reading this thread :cool:

• 5 months later...

I just wanted to point out that Hot Cross got a nice review on PopMatters a while back for their new album "Risk Revival".

"a lot of the music here is pure, stirred-up energy at breaking point"

"built off a particularly tight and impressive rumbling bassline"

http://www.popmatters.com/pm/music/reviews/31876/hot-cross-risk-revival/

Good work mcflip.

I fucking love Das Oath.

I saw them with Melt Banana (quite the show) and they played the most blistering hyper as shit 15 minute set. First band flaked so the entire crowd stood around for like an hour and a half. They come onstage, play the first chord and just go nuts.