APC denim

Geowu

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what are they like? i remember alot of people asking about them in the earlier days of this (monster) thread.

they're like the bastard spawn of the rescue and the new standard. boot cut is basically non existent and a straight leg, but a tighter fit than the rescues. It's like for those who don't really like new standards...but find rescues too baggy

quick question. my jeans stink beyond belief, they make my room reek and i can't stand it much more and i really dont want to wash them considering i've only been wearing them since 9/12 and not even that often since i can't wear jeans at work. (i'm thinking the reason they smell so bad is cause i go to hardcore shows and i tend to sweat a ridiculous amount and they get pretty wet from it) so today i picked up a bottle of antimicrobial febreeze, should i just give them a nice spray and leave them out for the night and it'll clear up that smell? thanks

quick question. my jeans stink beyond belief, they make my room reek and i can't stand it much more and i really dont want to wash them considering i've only been wearing them since 9/12 and not even that often since i can't wear jeans at work. (i'm thinking the reason they smell so bad is cause i go to hardcore shows and i tend to sweat a ridiculous amount and they get pretty wet from it) so today i picked up a bottle of antimicrobial febreeze, should i just give them a nice spray and leave them out for the night and it'll clear up that smell? thanks

that should work

turn them inside out, spray, and just hang them inside out next to a window. they just need the air to ciruclate around them. key is to turn them inside out, lets all that sweat and shit feel the air.

it worked for my LVCs after my 8 mile rides on my bike.

suggestion, don't wear dry denim to shows unless you are down to wash them, or atleast dont be in the crowd. haha. it gets too sweaty up in the heezy.

-later days.

turn them inside out, spray, and just hang them inside out next to a window. they just need the air to ciruclate around them. key is to turn them inside out, lets all that sweat and shit feel the air.

it worked for my LVCs after my 8 mile rides on my bike.

suggestion, don't wear dry denim to shows unless you are down to wash them, or atleast dont be in the crowd. haha. it gets too sweaty up in the heezy.

-later days.

hahaha yeah. i had originally thought that i wasn't gonna wear them to shows and such to avoid the smell, but figured i'd give it a run and see how bad it was hahaha .. boy did i learn! won't be doing that much more! granted, they'd probably take a good amount of wear and such, but otherwise .. not that worth it, i'll just try to wear them more often in general.

thanks again.

newcure.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

so, it took me about 5 minutes of heavy grunting to get these buttoned up. Should I return to size up one? They fit okay, but they smoosh my ass up to a state of flattened and I can't sit down properly. Should they give much?

What size did you get and what size to you normaly wear/what are your dimensions? I just got a piar in the mail today as well and they are really tight and quit low rise. I tried the next size up the other day in a store and they were quit loose, not sure if the batch I ordered from is running small or something. I will try to post pics of mine, but I think yours look great!

What size did you get and what size to you normaly wear/what are your dimensions? I just got a piar in the mail today as well and they are really tight and quit low rise. I tried the next size up the other day in a store and they were quit loose, not sure if the batch I ordered from is running small or something. I will try to post pics of mine, but I think yours look great!

Thanks, but I think I'll be returning them for the NS. I can't decide right now, actually :(:confused:

I normally wear a size 32 in ES and PDC, however I'm closer to a 33 in actual measurements. I got a size 30 in these though. I say go with the tighter one since they're supposed to stretch, but what do I know? I'm having the same sizing dilemma as you :P

Does anyone know how much fuller the NS is compared to the New Cure? I'd love to have a little more room in the ass department since thee jeans are smooshing them up to something comparable to an asian girl's breasts.

I'd also like to give these some time to stretch, but I'm afraid that if they won't, I won't be able to return em since they'll have some honeycombs and whiskers formed already. Yikes, help!

Thanks, but I think I'll be returning them for the NS. I can't decide right now, actually :(:confused:

I normally wear a size 32 in ES and PDC, however I'm closer to a 33 in actual measurements. I got a size 30 in these though. I say go with the tighter one since they're supposed to stretch, but what do I know? I'm having the same sizing dilemma as you :P

Does anyone know how much fuller the NS is compared to the New Cure? I'd love to have a little more room in the ass department since thee jeans are smooshing them up to something comparable to an asian girl's breasts.

I'd also like to give these some time to stretch, but I'm afraid that if they won't, I won't be able to return em since they'll have some honeycombs and whiskers formed already. Yikes, help!

Seems like we are about the same waist size, although I think I am a little taller (6ft1'). I got a 30 too and mine are tight, but I know they will stretch out as I have a pair of NS that have streched out a lot. My only problem with them are that they are a little low in the rise. My NS are 30 as well and they have loads more room everywear. Especialy in the thigh and ass department and in the calf area ( I guess that is everywear). I probably could do a 29 or even a 28 in NS. I think yours look good on you and you should keep them if you want a pair of tight fitting jeans and get a pair of NS in 28 or 29 for those days you want a jean with a little more room.

Hope I was of some help. Might try to post pics of mine later.

I've decided to return these... they make me look a few inches shorter according to a female friend. I guess I'll try the NS in a 29. I'd go for the 30, but the place is all out. Ahk, I'm about 5'9-10''. Will I be dragging the NS on the floor if I dont cuff em? I hope the 29'll stretch out enough to compinsate for my chubby thighs.

For consideration:

I sized down three sizes for New Cures and at first the hips/ buttons were intolerable, they sucked something serious, and the rear was skintight. It took two weeks of wear but they really stretched perfectly, the waist couldn't be better, and the bum region has taken on a nice sag. I had to wait a long time for my New Cures to work out, but once they did, they were perfect.

wow...i bought my New Cures in 31 compared to a 28 new standard. i wanted something kinda slouchy in the ass and hips region and smaller on the legs. i bike a lot so my thighs aren't too small, so they fit tighter in the legs with a pretty loose look in the hips. i'm real happy with them right now, but i've only worn a few times. i'm worried they'll strech too much, but i can't return them now so i guess i'll just wear 'em. i guess i'm a bit surprised people are sizing down so much even on the new cures.

I've decided to return these... they make me look a few inches shorter according to a female friend. I guess I'll try the NS in a 29. I'd go for the 30, but the place is all out. Ahk, I'm about 5'9-10''. Will I be dragging the NS on the floor if I dont cuff em? I hope the 29'll stretch out enough to compinsate for my chubby thighs.

I think you will be fine with NS in 29. You may have to cuff them a bit or if you are not a fan of the cuff (i'm not) just take them to a good tailor and have them hem them for you. If you have them hemmed, make sure you leave a little extra length for shrinkage in case you ever decide to wash them. You don't want to be wearin any floods!

Still think the NC look good on you in those pics. I have been wearing mine around the house a lot the last few days and they are starting to give a bit, so i guess I'm committed to them now.

whoever said dont wear dry denim to shows is right. i wore mine to TOC last night and now they smell like death.

hahaha yeah. even after letting them air out and doing a couple spray downs with antimicrobial febreeze, they still kinda smell, but im not going to be wearing them at shows again, dont wanna deal with that smell again!

A few people have been trying to convince me to keep the NC's, but one person said something that made me pack it up to ship back: It gives me an ever so slight muffin top. I dont care how little it is, it's a muffin top, and the pair's going back.

hahaha yeah. even after letting them air out and doing a couple spray downs with antimicrobial febreeze, they still kinda smell, but im not going to be wearing them at shows again, dont wanna deal with that smell again!

But on the plus side I bet squatting down and doing some hardcore kid floorpunches gets you killer honeycombs :P

But on the plus side I bet squatting down and doing some hardcore kid floorpunches gets you killer honeycombs :P

hahahaha, i'd love to keep wearing them to shows and such, but the smell is still unbearable. i'm thinking about dropping them off to be dry cleaned tomorrow, that should get rid of the smell right? also, how much indigo loss will i have because of that? thanks.

Funny, I've worn my 501s to a bunch of gigs, played a bunch of gigs in them, gone out clubbing in them a bunch and they just seem to shrug off the odour. It's possible that I have a natural aura of beer and cigarettes that I and the girlfriend have become immune too, however.

Just don't wear them to a ska gig. Well, going to a ska gig is a bad idea in the first place if you ask me, but they're the smelliest pits of sweat full of sweaty shirtless guys with sweaty smelly dreadlocks whipping your face I've ever experienced.

Just don't wear them to a ska gig. Well, going to a ska gig is a bad idea in the first place if you ask me, but they're the smelliest pits of sweat full of sweaty shirtless guys with sweaty smelly dreadlocks whipping your face I've ever experienced.

hahahaha its funny you would say that because i actually wore them to a show that two of my friends bands played with a bunch of ska bands, and i went home with my denim DRENCHED in my sweat. the place was packed sooooo tight, way too many smelly sweaty kids packed into a place that should only have half of the number that was there.

ok, so i am very confused. i am a 33 waist in almost all jeans. I have a 33 in dior homme 19 cm japanese and they fit me perfectly. but i live in atlanta and have no access to apc's, so i have to order them from the website. the unisex narrow jeans that the website shows is the new cure, right? and i was interested in getting the faded black color, since i already have a pair of raw diors. do i need to do any sizing down for the washed jeans, or is that just something to worry about on the raw denim? thanks

Quick questions.

What is the hem opening on the New Standard and the Rescue? I want something in the 8" range, so which would be closer?

The APC site has the new standard and to the right of it the "straight" jean. Is that the Rescue? I read through about 20 pages on this thread and didn't come up with anything.