APC denim

Geowu

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

yeah, if I remember well he called back APC and they explained it was actually the wrong jeans, probably Cure, not Tight jeans, they said Tight is selvage.

--- Original message by Geowu on Apr 20, 2005 08:51 PM

it was me who posted about them.

the tight jeans are the same thing as cure. and after exchagning a number of emails they did send me the right ones and it is not selvedge. was very confusing becuase they kept saying the jeans are selvedge but do not have the 'train tracks'..

its a pretty good fit, nice and tapered at the bottom so i kept them.

I dont know why im posting this..

Serge, you might appreciate this, I am enjoying an excellent 2001 bordeaux.. but i cant read the label 9or anything) so i cant tell you what it says.

EDIT: Oops. Drinking at home is bad.

Edited by wild_whiskey on Apr 22, 2005 at 11:00 AM

how absurd is this story?: i had ordered a pair of English size 35 and they had measured 36.5 around the inside of the waistband. okay, no problem. could have kept them but 35.5 would have been perfect so i sent them back (got the refund) and ordered a pair of 34, along with a pair of 33 Rescue's to compare (thinking i'd send one or the other pair back). got them today: the English measure 37.5! they're marked a size smaller but their actual measurement is a size bigger than the 35's i had previously! aaarg. The Rescue sz 33's measure 38! huh!? APC is nuts when it comes to measurements. Needless to say these are goin straight back.

Anyway, some details: laying the jeans flat, the hem measures 9" across on the Rescues and 9.5" across on the English. English are a bit more full-cut through the legs than the Rescues. Rescue rise up the back is 15" (i think English is 14.5). 12" rise up the front of both. I prefer the rise on the Rescues but like the cut through the legs better on the English.

wow your case is pretty damn odd. i emailed APC after recieving a true to the size pair of NS jeans when i was told to order 3 sizes down here on superfuture.

"the Engligh style jeans are quite big:

1 or 2 half sizes bigger

but not the new standard jeans.

anyway, as you bought your jeans at USA mail order,

please send back your jeans up there and ask them for an exchange:

you will have to pay for that but A.P.C. USA will not charge you twice for the

second shipment to your house."

i don't know why your english jeans are so big.

I have lived in the Anglais A.P.C. for some time now... Have three pair.

All size 34.

Normally I wear a 36! Which is basically what all my 34's measure...

Sounds like it's gotten a little out of control over there of late. To much demand.

Until recently, I've always had to explain what I'm wearing...

God I hope the product doesn't suffer!

-Dub

There is no excuse for that type of poor quality control! It is totally rediculous and will make people scared to buy their jeans! I was thinking of buying another pair, but I don't want to deal with having to send them back multiple times. That is super lame!

I'm not illiterate, I just can't type!

1112885282366_selvage1_edited.JPG

Wow, that's a really absurd case. I would assume that APC is aware of the issue, and I doubt it will go on for THAT long. All the jeans I've ordered from APC were correctly sized (slightly large but not in the range of even a full inch too big). It's a relatively new thing in terms of how long they've been operating, and it may be related to the demand for their jeans. In any case, if anyone from APC reads this board or Styleforum, they are aware of what's going on.

Edited by wild_whiskey on Apr 22, 2005 at 06:02 PM

how are pants/jeans 'officially' supposed to be measured? someone mentioned that the way to do it with jeans is to lay them flat and measure along the back of the waistband (w/the front dipping down as it supposedly 'naturally' would). I hope this is not the way things are measured/sized. It would only make sense to me to either 1) measure all the way around the inside of the waistband from button to buttonhole, or else 2) lay the jeans flat and make sure the front of the waistband and the back of the waistband are even/level with each other, measure across and then double the measurement (which yields about a 1/2 inch to an inch smaller measurement than listed in 1))

Edited by rhythmandsound on Apr 22, 2005 at 06:24 PM

oh man, serge

i can't WAIT till my english cut's look like that! i'm so damn impatient!

i've done everything in mine from hiking, sleeping, building, wrestling with the nephews, you name it and only a little bit of the indigo has rubbed off, lol

Serge d Nimes : Ok, its off topic here but you might wanna check out Panerai watches. Most never look back to anything else after wearing one. Including me.

I have them English cut APCs. They're made in Hong Kong !?!? And they are 2" too big! A little disappointed but the quality of the denim made up for it.

When you take a waist measurement you run the tape measure straight around the body - ie keeping the tape parallel to the ground. (ie you don't dip at the front).

When you take the waist measurement of a pair of jeans, you lay them flat and measure straight along the top of the back waistband, then double it. This is a closer simulation of the body measurement as described above.

I have been looking into getting APC jeans but as I see here there are some sizing issues. I want to get the tight jeans but I am a 28 waist and that means those would be way to big. The only ones that have a 28 or below is the Womens and Unisex jeans. But I have a pair of Helmut Lang Unisex (reason I am getting APC because I have heard the are similar to Helmuts) and they are a couple inches to big in the thighs. Does anybody have the Unisex or Womens style? If so are they to big in the thighs and could I get measurements? Thanks alot for any help

-Connor

Connor, - you could try going to a store near you. http://www.apc.fr/us/en/boutiques.php

that way you can find out if the thighs are ok. On my Unisex the thighs are tight but I don't know how they would fit you. Also APC has sizes 25-28 in Japan stores for all jeans.

alexbigman, - there is no APC tight and bootcut at the same time. The tight jeans are a bit tapered at the bottom. Unisex is slim and kind of straight.