APC denim

Geowu

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, indeed, that's what they are -- 'homo' fitting -- you shouldn't get any because god forbid you be mistaken for being a homo. as a matter of fact if you don't want to leave any doubt you should get off this forum too, because everyone knows that all homos do is wear tight jeans and talk about hip designer brands like APC.

Maybe he should get a t-shirt clearly stating he's not an homo, I'm suggesting a size S AA pink tee with gold lettering, that way those pesky deviants will leave him alone...

Guest Guy H

My English style arrive yesterday. I'm normally always a 34x34. I ordered a 34 hopeing they would be to size. having measured the jeans the waist is just over 36 inches. Going to have to send them back. I'm unsure what size to order now. These jeans have a bit of room round my thighs but if I ordered the 32's I'm worried they could be too tight/small.

Probably should have read this thread a little closer Guy! Thats too bad - can imagine you are pissed - I would be for I am getting my Rescues tomorrow!! Been really jonesing to get those suckas on and start breaking in. I wear a 33 in diesel so went with a 31 in the Rescue - (plan to post some pics now that Merzbot got all that attention) - inspired by Geowus nicely mellowing pair I hope to keep mine unwashed on plastered on for months to come. Thank to the regs on this forum here is another apc convert. Thanks everyone.

Just got my new standards size 27. I normaly wear a size 30 and these are ultra-tight and downright incomfortable for now. Even the legs are tight and I'm quite the slim guy. They're approximately size 28 but I think I should keep them since they'll stretch to about 30 according to feedback gathered here and on other forums. I've never bought selvedge that tight so I'll have to trust the experts in here, should I keep them or return them before it's too late and I'm the proud owner of jeans that don't fit?

I've just received my APC unisex/new standards size 27 (made in tunesia). I'm usually a size 30 fit and these are ultra tight/uncomfortable. I've measured the waist and it's about a 28 which seems about right since it should stretch to about 30. I think I'll keep them and wanted to know what you denim geeks think?

BTW even the legs feel tight and I'm a pretty slim guy.

Oh and if it helps (I never know) I normaly wear a size 1 or size small for pants in APC, I've just never bought any of their jeans before and my usual store was out of stock....

It will stretch, but will still be slim. It comes to a point when there is no stretching anymore. When I've got mne I could barely do the waist button, but now they're fine. I wouldn't have ordered a size up. They fit perfect to me.

Edited by Geowu on May 15, 2005 at 06:04 PM

Fuuma...my APC new standard stretched 1" in the waist, and after first wash (warm water, hang dry), it shrank back to the original size. i'm a 30 in Levi's, Diesel, Evisu, Paper, Helmut Lang, etc.,. only with APC new standard do I have this #&*^$# issue. so, my 30 sized APC measured 32" in the beginning, stretched to 33" after about 2 months, now back to 32" after first wash. i'm using them as my "fat" jeans now, reserved for long business trips and binge drinking/eating escapades. i think i'm going for a pair of Rescue, but luckily my local store has them in stock...so no more guess work!!!

funny though, the old APC standard fits me exactly as a pair of HL would...i would love to pick up a new pair of these if someone still have them.

Quote:

Return them. Get a size 29. They may stretch but they will shrink back down when you wash em.

--- Original message by wild_whiskey on May 12, 2005 02:30 PM

I entend to hand wash or dry clean them only. I might wash them in cold water using a delicate cycle like my other jeans but I'm not even sure I'll do that. I guess what I want to know is : "will they stretch 2 inches?" because if they will I'll keep em but otherwise I'll have to return them and maybe get a 28.

Some additional praise heaped upon APC: That's my third pair of APC pants, I've already got dress pants, cords and now jeans and APC is a winner in all three categories. The other two articles were made in France and priced significantly higher but so far I haven't detected any lowering of quality when inspecting my new standards.

Quote:

Return them. Get a size 29. They may stretch but they will shrink back down when you wash em.

--- Original message by wild_whiskey on May 12, 2005 02:30 PM

I intend to dry clean/hand wash them. I might eventually machine wash them cold using the "delicate" setting like I do with my other jeans but I'm not even sure about that, I guess I want to try some different stuff with this pair. The basic answer I'm looking for is : Will they stretch 2 inches? Because it they will then it's fine and they'll be a perfect fit but otherwise I might have to exchange them for a 28 (and risk getting something too big or too small since APC sizing is all over the place).

BTW are you Brian_SD on styleforum?

Yet another poster giving positive feedback about APC: These are my third pair of APC pants and I'm quite impressed with the overall quality of their products in three entirely different categories: dress pants, cords and now jeans. The other two I have were made in France (Tunesia for the new standards) and priced significantly higher yet I haven't seen any sign the jeans are of lower quality (aside from the sizing issues posters reported).

Fuuma...I would exchange for one size larger if I were you. My rule of thumb is, if it doesn't feel right the first time, it'll never feel right. If you're a denimhead, you'll want to own these jeans for the next couple of decades. Return and get a pair of 28.

Fuuma, when i got my size 29 NS/ Unisex jeans they were uber tight. I returned them for a size 32 and they fit just right.

Also, not all APC's are 1-2 sizes down. I think the new stock of NS/ Unisex are true-to-fit and the Rescue/ English jeans are 1 size down

Quote:
Quote: BTW are you Brian_SD on styleforum?

Yes

--- Original message by wild_whiskey on May 13, 2005 08:01 AM

Wooo, styleforum represent.