APC denim

Geowu

Guest Guy H
Quote:

I read the thread thanks. Not pi55ed. sent them back and asked for 32's. Will report back on the fit.

--- Original message by Guy H on May 12, 2005 08:37 AM

Just got the 32's. They are perfect! They measure 34 round the waist. Leg is slightly shorter. Would guess about 35 inches. They are slightly tight round my thighs but will loosen. They look great on. fit round the bum is class. I'm very happy!

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guy H

I took a couple of pics last night when I tried my new English on. Can post if people want to see the fit. Not great pics because only had my phone handy.

velvetant, woejozney get your regular waist size. APC has some serious sizing issues and about the time i ordered my pair a month ago, some people got jeans many inches wider than their true waist size. when i got mine in the mail, they were true to the size.

I would advise agains't going true to size, as most people go two sizes down. I'm wearing my New standards size 28 right now and they're definitely larger than that (I'm still breathing)

I would suggest going true to size. I also received jeans that fit true to size when I ordered through the internet. Sizing down one made me wish I had just gotten my usual size. This is coming from someone that got their largest cut: the English. Also, my jeans don't even seem like the right cut and there is no tag inside indicating what cut it is (ie: new standard, anglaise, rescue). Anyone else also have jeans that are missing the tag indicating the cut?

I wear a 32 in most jeans, but with my rescues I got a 29 and I sorta wish I went smaller.

Don't true to size it in Rescue.

Here's something I posted on styleforum, I thought i'd post it here too since it concerns APC:

Got a nice APC dry denim jacket today, just wanted to point out that this is a great piece. I tried to find a picture on the apc website but couldn't find it anywhere...

The jacket looks like a 507XX second type (pleated, 4 silver buttons, looks to be Selvedge, same back as the 507XX) but the two pockets are buttonless and there's an additional vertical stitching line on the back, ending at the bottom buttons nearest the center. It might be another model number as all the 507XX I've seen had buttons on the pockets. I'm definitely not a Levi expert so please help me.

As all the other APC pieces that I have that aren't jeans, the jacket was made in France and is of excellent quality. The fitting is still a little off as it's a perfect fit at medium and I usually wear small. According to a fact sheet provided with the jacket: "The fabric used for this article has all the characteristics of a true indigo dyed denim (partly artisanal dyeing method)." Now if I'm correct that's pretty much saying they're like all the other "indie" denim brands (their own jeans, Nudie, Earnest sewn and their ilk...) and is basic marketing but I could also be wrong about that.

^ last i heard, APC had a full size run of the discontinued english jeans. they also seem to have a bunch of stuff that's not available on the website. i just wish i had stayed in the store a little longer last time i was there 3 months ago icon_smile_sad.gif

Quote:

sounds like a beautiful jacket. i'm sure there are interests for that jacket here. so if you can post and picture and let us know where it can be purchased, that'd be appreciated.

--- Original message by darknworn on May 29, 2005 11:12 PM

I purchased it at a local store (in Montreal) and have no idea where to get it online. I'll try to post pictures this week.

Quote:

Do the unwashed APC jeans shrink at all in the waist if you wash them regularly?

--- Original message by kdh on May 29, 2005 08:42 PM

Not that much shrink in the waist in my experience. I only washed them once though with the express purpose of trying to shrink them. And I will never wash them again. I had them tailored to be smaller this last week. It worked out okay. The denim wasn't effeected. They are still not as small as I would like them. But such is the problem when they don't make them in a sz 24.

XOXO

Quote:

hello all! i'm a newbie so please forgive me if my question sounds redundant. i'm about to purchase my first pair of apc's (rescue). i usually wear a 34w so should i get a 31 or 32? thank you.

--- Original message by PETEROCK1 on May 31, 2005 04:31 PM

My experience is I wear about a 33/34 waist in most pants. I sized down for the Rescue to a 31 based upon what I read in this particular thread. The jeans were snug in the waist for the first 2 days (about 1/2" of room when pulled on waist band) and snug in the thigh - then began to feel looser and looser and now they show about 2 inches when pulled with thumb on waist band and a bit looser in the thigh. If I were to buy another pair today I would go 30 waist -

603935_m.JPG

"Today's peacock tomorrow's feather duster. "