APC denim

Geowu

It's always nice to see this thread still going white hot. Anyways, I am going to nag again for PICTURES, more updated pictures!!!!! I KNOW there has to be so many good pics of jeans being broken in since it seems that everyone on this forum owns a pair by now.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guy H
Quote:

It's always nice to see this thread still going white hot. Anyways, I am going to nag again for PICTURES, more updated pictures!!!!! I KNOW there has to be so many good pics of jeans being broken in since it seems that everyone on this forum owns a pair by now.

--- Original message by KYinC on May 31, 2005 10:31 PM

Sorry about the cr@p pics but only had my phone handy. Missed the bottom of the jeans off. Wasn't going to post them but I guess until people post some better ones it will give you an idea. These are the English. I'm normally a size 34 but these are a 32. The fit is good. I'm happy anyway. The pics where taken when I tried them on for the first time. They have losened a bit since.

PS No sh!t about the belly please! icon_smile_blush.gif

guidor-54OI0076.jpg

guidor-54OI0075.jpg

guidor-54OI0077.jpg

I don't think those look like the English cut either. GuyH do you have a tag inside of the jeans indicating which cut they are? I ordered English jeans off of the APC website and received jeans that don't have the tag indicating the cut on the inside. My jeans seem like they are too slim to be English cut. I wonder if APC is shipping out jeans that aren't the right cut?

I think the English & Rescue seats are the same (just dif rises)... Those are NO WAY English!

Im a long time APC guy with 2 pair Rescues & 2 pair English. Tags are in all 4. Sizing is consistent throughout (all 4 pair are 34 waist & I typically wear 36). Never a problem ever with APC!

-Dub

Guest Guy H

Dudes, they are certainly the English cut. I'd just put them on and probably pulled them too high just to feel the fit. They where slightly tight to start with. I'll borrow a decent camera and take some more pics as those are sh1t as I said.

Well I guess your photo's are deceiving?

My English 34's measure 11 1/2" botom crotch seam to top of waist button & my Rescue 34's measure a little closer to 12" while the top of my back pockets to the top of the waistline is 5" on my English's & 5 1/2" on my Rescue's..

All while fitting with much more room (both cuts).

It just seems like if those are anything, they're Rescues?

There... This is my last APC post. I can't take it anymore....

-Dub

holy shit those look awesome!!! i'll post some pics of mine when i get a chance.

one thing about my APC's: they are by far the best jeans i've ever owned. they have everything i look for in a jean (low rise, perfect cut, button fly, selvedge). At first I was mad because i couldnt get the anglais, but with the stretching from my rescues, they now fit perfectly and i wouldn't change a thing. go APC!!!

Edited by kiz on Jun 3, 2005 at 02:33 PM

i have a pair of 32" waist indigo (english i think??) for sale:

front.jpg

back.jpg

they have been hemmed to a 30" leg. the ebay seller decided to leave that out of the item description, which was nice of him.

im not looking for much for them. pm me if interested

Like kiz was saying I love the Rescue cut as well and would like to own a pair of the Womens Jeans and a Unisex perhaps (those are different cuts right?). And I would size down again due to the significant stretching. I have been using them every day so far but I don't think they look more worn than Geowu's pair at 2 weeks

I like how the wallet, comb and can (beef jerky) wear marks are comming. They should be really contrasting after the "transformation" wash. I have it in mind to give them 12 months. Any thoughts???

603935_m.JPG

"Today's peacock tomorrow's feather duster. "

That's dedication- I don't know if mine are going to make it to the end of this week without washing them, and mine aren't nearly as worn as yours. I am just too impatient.

deim, the comb is hardcore man! looks good.

think i'll have to spring for a pair of rescue this weekend, i already have a pair of standard and new standard...hmm...this obsession w/ APC is becoming unhealthy..

"God is Dead" - Neitzsche icon_smile_angry.gif

"Neitzsche is Dead" - God icon_smile_cool.gif

Quote:

deim, my new standards seem to have stretched out quite a bit in the waist, you notice the same? i should have sized down!

--- Original message by pinotenvy on Jun 3, 2005 03:30 PM

Yes, I was expecting a stretch, and I did size down to a 31 from my normal 33 to 34 waist. It's all a matter of personal taste tho - if you like a tight, slim or looser fit.

603935_m.JPG

I rock a pair of English & a pair of Rescue regularly (English for well over a year & Rescue since late 04) & I've NEVER washed either of them. Actually a couple months ago I bought back-ups of both because this site was making me nervous but I don't imagine I'll break into either of those for another 5 years or so?

I wore another pair of APC (not sure of the style? very similar to the Rescue...) from like '98 to '03 & only dry cleaned them a few times a year...

DON'T WASH! Hold out & bust the Febreeze...

-Dub

them, have you hemmed yours? the english has a large enough leg opening that even when cuffed a little they sometimes scuff the ground the littlest bit when wearing shoes...having a frayed cuff would be seriously wack. i don't think this would be a problem w/the rescues. anyway, just curious.

I'm dying for a pair of Rescues after those pics...Need money quick!

-Jake

Thanks Serge! .. naw its not Pulsar but Compuchron - See "Coolest Watch" thread...

Yeah.. I watch Pulsar Date Commaders ebay for 3, 4, 5, hundred all day long.. they are sweet looking and the grand royale for LED collectors. I might get one some day.. but I really like the more angular lines of my CC.

603935_m.JPG

Hey diem,

Those look great. I'm looking to have a friend pick up a pair of Rescues for me next week in NYC. I'm a 31-32 in normal jeans, I'm thinking going 29. Would you have gone down another size if you had the chance? They do seem slightly tight in the crotch area, how do they feel after 2 1/2 weeks.

Thanks!

D

Yes, I would have gone down a size for aprox 3 inches down from my usual diesel size. Yeah my rescues are a little tight in the cratch, somtimes more than others if you catch my drift.

603935_m.JPG

i'm rather confused, isnt raw denim suppose to shrink? but why it seems that apc is expanding? can someone explain? Are there any denim thats of similar cut to Dior Homme's?

Deim23, your pair looks amazing. i dont think i can ever wear out a pair as fast as you guys.