APC denim

Geowu

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

google search "helloblackbird" 20% sufu discount. enjoy

does APC make a grey new cure? not even raw.. just wondering.

I have a pair of grey "faded black" as apc calls them Cures. I'm not sure if they made them in the new cure cut or not but i know they don't do that wash anymore. I think the only jeans styles they still do are the normal raw, the cashmere ones, the black stretch and the black raw. Maybe they'll bring another grey one back for s/s08

I have a pair of grey "faded black" as apc calls them Cures. I'm not sure if they made them in the new cure cut or not but i know they don't do that wash anymore. I think the only jeans styles they still do are the normal raw, the cashmere ones, the black stretch and the black raw. Maybe they'll bring another grey one back for s/s08

word. these sound cool. i'd be lucky to find a pair in 34...

abyways, by my count, its been almost 2 months on my NC's. fading is starting to show a bit, combs and some creases, but they're starting to get a bit funky as well - time for a soak? i dont want to lose a lot if any length cause i love them the most for their length, so any soaking tips you APC vets could give me to ensure that i get minimal shrinkage on the inseam front? also, is there any way i can keep them a bit stiff once i've soaked them?

just need some opinions. im about 8 days away from 2 months, so i might hold off unless they get pretty funky (which they are beginning too).

thanks for anything you can pass my way.

Jeepster, I read that on the previous page:

this fixed my APC funk smell

1) steam up bathroom with hot water from shower

2) hawaiian hotbox

3) let jeans hang in steam until it is gone (bathroom door closed)

4) air dry outside overnight

I just did this to my NS yesterday and the smell was completely gone this morning. The jeans actually get a bit damp from all the steam. It worked pretty well considering the amount of beer that has been spilt on these jeans in the past month or two. And I've practically been wearing them every day.

I heard it kinda work. But fresh air works well too.

well, im just wondering if they're ready for a soak too. ill snag my dad's shitty digi cam and snap some pics later, and you guys can help me judge. i can see them going for another month or so before i'd soak, but you never know.

if you can smell them whilst in a sitting position, they need a soak

if you can't, then my method is tried and true...

im not gonna say i can smell them whilst sitting, but ive caught occasional whiff's. ive worn them pretty well since i got them, with a few instances of extended running/many sweaty concerts in them already. they're not smelly smelly, but a soak is in order

im gonna do the shower method tonight, and leave them out over night. its coolish out here so the moisture that gets in them should stay and in the morning i can throw them in the dryer. is that a logical method?

I would soak them in hot water for a couple hours instead of just showering while wearing

the soak does wonders for the denim, I don't think a quick shower will help as much with the stink

oh, i was just gonna let them steam in the bathroom while i shower, not soak them. someone voiced that if you just let them hang while you shower, the steam helps lift some of the smell out, then i'd just let them hang outside overnight to air dry and get the smell out (i hope?)

if not, then im gonna soak them. any precautions when soaking i should account for to ensure minimal shrinkage in length? jay you've always been my go-to guy on these, thoughts?

I am officially jumping on the bandwagon.

Getting my first pair of APCs today from their store in west hollywood. I had gotten a generic pair of dry denim a couple weeks ago, but I'm not satisfied with the fit or durability (ran a short distance up and down a beach only to find the inseam on the cuffs was fraying/torn). Figured if I was gonna get into dry denim I might as well jump in the water rather than wade in it.

I don't plan on washing them till they have a unique stench of their own, still when they're dirty theyll get the machine.