APC denim

Geowu

yeah, just fix that mistake and you're golden...

It would be nice if this guide was on the top of every page on this thread....mods?

On the 1st page would do the trick :D ! No one would have an excuse for asking question about downsizing or if they are sanforized.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does anyone know if APC will continue making the NS in raw black? or is it only for this season? i really want a pair, but i am in no position to buy another pair of jeans yet. paying for school and bills have to take priority, unfortunatly, haha.

^^^ It'll probably depend on how well they sell. If you start seeing them in the other (Non Standard) cuts then they'll probably be sticking around for the long haul...that's my guess

question for future reference: is there a way to retain the stiffness that my NC's have after a soak or after prolonged wear? i dont wanna use starch or anything, but if thats they way... then duh. thoughts?

thanks in advance.

starch. don't be afraid of it. it won't bite. Just make sure you get a good quality starch or your jeans will end up smelling funny.

Ok, I need to hear everyone's opinion on this, I know its a basic question that has been answered but I'm still undecided. I know APC's stretch a ton. I just bought some Rescues in 33, and they were WAY too big, like the waist measured about a 36.75". So I returned them, and they are in the mail right now.

I read somewhere in here that when you first get APCs you shouldn't even be able to button the top two buttons. Is this really true, it seems a bit extreme. I need to know if I should get 32s or 31s. Right now my waist measures 35" where I actually wear my jeans, sagged. But pulled up it is around 33.75". At context clothing they said that the 31 recues measure 33.5" across the waist, but the 32's measure 35". I need something in the middle, but since that isn't available should I just get the 31s? I need someone to tell me that they will for sure stretch out two inches, enough so i can comfortably wear them.

Thanks a ton

suggestions? spray on? apply by hand? etc.
I haven't starched any of my jeans in a while but I'll try to recall:

it kinda depends on how stiff you want them. the spray canned ones are weak. IMO, get some 100% concentrated starch and dilute it with water. I think I did a 50/50 on mine before, but try different dilutions and see what works best for you. Mix it in a spray bottle and spray away. Spray it inside out as well. If you do it on the outside, you'll loose the starch faster with all of the outside contact.

Of yea, if you manage to over starch your jeans and they look whitish, the starch will come off over time and the whiteness will dissapear. But you shouldn't have to worry about that if you spray inside out like I said to.

Quick interest check before I post in marketplace: anyone want some size 29 New Cures? I got a pair a week ago and they are just too tight, I can't wear them for very long, they have a maximum 3 hours of wear over the course of a week.

Interest?!

i need help... can anyone give me measurements for:

new cures size 29 (when its new, and when its fully stretched out after wearing)

and same for new standards in 27 (new and when its fully stretched out)

i don't really like how my size 27 new cures fits me... its kinda tight at the thighs for my liking..

hey guys, im kinda new to raw denim. and i have a pair of APC Hipsters in a 31. and i was wondering if i gave it a hot soak will it shrink much? and how long do i soak it for?

oh and one more thing. is the APC rescue slimmer than the hipsters or not?

thanks guys

hey guys, im kinda new to raw denim. and i have a pair of APC Hipsters in a 31. and i was wondering if i gave it a hot soak will it shrink much? and how long do i soak it for?

oh and one more thing. is the APC rescue slimmer than the hipsters or not?

thanks guys

hey buddy.

the APC hipsters are the smaller jeans.

Hipsters > New Standard > Rescues

Rescues would be the baggier model. More of a relaxed fit.

---

as far as soaking, what I did was I soaked my denim in hot water for about 3 hours (inside out). I just left them there while I did other things. Afterwards, I put them on my roof to dry. They shrunk about .5 inches in length and the waist went back to the original size. After a few wears the waist just went back to how it was before the soak.

Hope this helps.

OMG APCS DON'T FUCKING SHRINK. PLEASE QUIT ASKING ABOUT SOAKING THEM. EVERY PAGE SAYS THEY'RE SANFORIZED AND DON'T SHRINK EXCEPT FOR MAYBE AN INCH IN THE INSEAM

Also, hipsters aren't slimmer than new standards. The hipsters have a lower rise, but the new standards fit about the same tightness in the thighs and taper while the hipsters are straight down.

People know that 99.9% of their questions are answered in this thread. And it's not even a matter of "i don't feel like searching 83 pages" because the questions are answered pretty much every page.

thinkin about gettin some new jeans and i want some apcs. right now im wearing the nudie even stevens and i like the fit how its not TOO slim. im wondering which apcs would you guys recommend me the new standards or the new cures. if you could give me measurements for both that would be great.

what size should i get? my friend said i should get a size 28. im regularly a size 30 (my even stevens are 30)