APC denim

Geowu

cold soaked my NS for a few hours last night, there was no shrinkage in the length. Mine are too long. Should i hot soak or throw them in the wash before hemming? Cant seem to get a consistent answer in searching above....thanks

they're sanforized so you wont see any shrinkage in length, so hem away!

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if I've completely misread this or just made it up 'cause I've read about 10 million different threads tonight, but can you get the NC in black or what?

If so, anywhere online?

tried starching them..and then hung them up to dry. it ended up getting rid of my creases. thinking back, maybe i should have tried starching them while i was wearing them? dno, i wanted to try.

08-08-07_1955.jpg

that's how they look now, after a work out today

i tried forming new honeycombs, but it was really difficult since the jeans are so loose now

theyre not that bad i guess, theyre just really flimsy

Hey guys I'm about to buy my first pair of New Standards and I had a couple of questions:

1) I wear size 30 normally, and I know that they usually say buy A.P.C.'s two sizes down as they will stretch out, but if I don't want to wear my jeans too tight should I go for a 29? I have a pair of Nudie slim jims that I think are almost too narrow in the leg (still like em though). The perfect fit is a pair of Sling&Stones Davids that I have in dry. If I want something compareable to those, should I opt to size down one, or two sizes?

2) Do I need to soak them before I wear them and if so should I do it in cold, warm, or hot water? Also, should they be worn after soaking? My Sling&Stones I have not soaked and I've worn for about a month and I love the way they feel and look thus far. I kind of like keeping my jeans somewhat dark.

Thanks a lot for the time! If there's anything else I need to know before I buy them or in general, please let me know!

tried starching them..and then hung them up to dry. it ended up getting rid of my creases. thinking back, maybe i should have tried starching them while i was wearing them? dno, i wanted to try.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/afkan/08-08-07_1955.jpg

that's how they look now, after a work out today

i tried forming new honeycombs, but it was really difficult since the jeans are so loose now

theyre not that bad i guess, theyre just really flimsy

I don't see what's wrong with it.:rolleyes: If you want to have ones that closely resemble honeycombs, maybe you'll need to look into looser-fitting jeans.

Hey guys I'm about to buy my first pair of New Standards and I had a couple of questions:

1) I wear size 30 normally, and I know that they usually say buy A.P.C.'s two sizes down as they will stretch out, but if I don't want to wear my jeans too tight should I go for a 29? I have a pair of Nudie slim jims that I think are almost too narrow in the leg (still like em though). The perfect fit is a pair of Sling&Stones Davids that I have in dry. If I want something compareable to those, should I opt to size down one, or two sizes?

2) Do I need to soak them before I wear them and if so should I do it in cold, warm, or hot water? Also, should they be worn after soaking? My Sling&Stones I have not soaked and I've worn for about a month and I love the way they feel and look thus far. I kind of like keeping my jeans somewhat dark.

Thanks a lot for the time! If there's anything else I need to know before I buy them or in general, please let me know!

1) You should be fine with a 28. I am normally a 32 and my New Standards are 30. The waist was snug, but not tight, at first, and they have stretched to be a very comfortable pair of jeans.

2) Since they are sanforized, they do not need to be soaked. That being said, I soaked mine after about a month of wear because I was concerned about the denim fabric breaking where it was being pinched in high stress areas, such as at the honeycombs. After the soak, I also had a better fit, as the denim softened a little bit, and my stacking looks much better now.

They have gotten beer and nasty rain water spilled on them recently, so I am just considering washing them. They will eventually fade quite a bit (as all APCs do).

Whats the sizing/fit difference between the stretch cures, new cures and cures?

You can only get stretch cures in black, new cure and cure are only available in indigo. I believe the cure has a slightly larger rise than the new cure.

Whenever I have the money to buy a fucking pair of NS, they're fucking all out on the net (in my size).

FUCK THAT.

1) You should be fine with a 28. I am normally a 32 and my New Standards are 30. The waist was snug, but not tight, at first, and they have stretched to be a very comfortable pair of jeans.

2) Since they are sanforized, they do not need to be soaked. That being said, I soaked mine after about a month of wear because I was concerned about the denim fabric breaking where it was being pinched in high stress areas, such as at the honeycombs. After the soak, I also had a better fit, as the denim softened a little bit, and my stacking looks much better now.

They have gotten beer and nasty rain water spilled on them recently, so I am just considering washing them. They will eventually fade quite a bit (as all APCs do).

You can only get stretch cures in black, new cure and cure are only available in indigo. I believe the cure has a slightly larger rise than the new cure.

So even if I don't wear my jeans too tight I should go two sizes down? I feel like they might be too tight, even after stretching out. In the waist, but mostly in the leg. I don't want them to be too too tight in the legs. Still go with the 28s though, ya think?

So even if I don't wear my jeans too tight I should go two sizes down? I feel like they might be too tight, even after stretching out. In the waist, but mostly in the leg. I don't want them to be too too tight in the legs. Still go with the 28s though, ya think?

Yeah, get 28.

You should be fine. I could've easily sized down three or maybe even four sizes. Downsizing two is the norm for New Standards, and it worked well for me. They are still a slim cut, but not so tight that I'm getting awful knee bulges or anything. If anything, the waist could be a little smaller. The denim is very stretchy, so I wouldn't worry about them being too tight for too long.

If you're looking for someone else's opinion, then yes. I sized down 3. If you're still not sure, then take a look at the actual measurements on another thread.

hey guys, i've a pair of ns that is an inch too tight for me. is it possible to bring it to a tailor to widen the waist? and also how will it affect the shape of the jeans in any ways?

let them soak in some warm water for awhile, put them on when wet and wear them until they are dry -- they will stretch to a comfortable fit

this is much easier and cheaper than taking them to a tailor

hey guys, i've a pair of ns that is an inch too tight for me. is it possible to bring it to a tailor to widen the waist? and also how will it affect the shape of the jeans in any ways?

if it's just 1 inch i dont think you need to tailor them, if you wear them for a while they will definately stretch out. they actually stretch pretty easily. or do what jayrock said, soak the waist and wear them, that speeds up the stretching.

If you're looking for someone else's opinion, then yes. I sized down 3. If you're still not sure, then take a look at the actual measurements on another thread.

Alright cool, I think I'll just size down 2 and go with the 28. It's so weird for me to think that they will actually stretch out two full waist sizes.