APC denim

Geowu

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Ren,

I'm a W30 in most jeans and I'm rocking a W28 APC NS. I might fit a 27 (the girl at the store thought I could if I wanted to), but since I'm vertically challenged (5'7), I don't think I look great with super tight jeans. 28 is pretty snug to me already, but also comfortable enough. Hope this helps.

If not, I guess you might want to trace back this thread and find more information.

I'm really confused with APC jeans.. in the store they have one name, and online they have different.

I want a straight, slim leg, preferably selvedge. What cut should I get? (nothing tapered.)

And how do they go about with stretching? how many sizes should I go down? (I usually wear a 29 in other brands.)

thanks.

yarrrrrrr my APC NS got washed today while i was out :(

ive had em for like, 5 months. washed in the MACHINE. i think it was on cold because theres not a lot of color loss, there was a little shrinking in length, and a lot of shrinking around the waist, and the stiffness is completely gone.

AND. theres creases in the denim from where they got crinkled, and theres abrasions on them but they arent as noticable as the actual creases which are everywhere. im thinking i better go back and do a cold soak (for how long?) then hang dry them upside down...?

just wondering, im considering getting a 29 instead of a 30 now in the rescue because of the waist stretching..

however i dont like it when its too tight in the thighs or down the leg, will a size down effect the thighs/legs?

or just the waist.. I dont really have a good eye for measurements, and i may not be able to get my size in store, so thats why im asking.. sorry of its a repeat question, i want these and just want to be happy with the sz i get

I ordered a pair of New Standards from APC online (the European site) two weeks ago.

A few days before I did, I contacted them via mail with a general question, but I never got any reply so I just went ahead and ordered. Unfortunately, I did that before I read all the posts about sizing here, so just a few orders after the order was confirmed, I contacted them again to let them know I had to size down one size.

Last week, after nothing had happened, I had to contact them again because I got a new VISA, but again... nothing.

As I said it's been more than two weeks since I ordered now, and I still haven't heard anything apart from the automatic order confirmation. On their website it says that processing an order could take as much as a month, but is normally done within a week. So, I guess they still have time, I just find it very strange and somewhat unprofessional that they haven't contacted me at all.

Anyone with ordering experience from the European online store? Did it take this long for you too?

Maybe it's just me being impatient. I'm just so excited about getting these new jeans, I want them fast! icon_smile.gif

Quote:

ceejay, you should get a 31. a 32 will measure about 35 and stretch out to about 37 tops

a 31 will stretch out to about 36 I bet.

--- Original message by obsessis on Jun 1, 2006 05:31 AM

Exactly - I have the Rescue in 31 and it measures 36 at the waist after stretching. You could go to a 32 or 33 if you want a baggy fit. They won't stretch much in the waist if they are already too big for you, but you will need a belt to keep them from falling.

im a 30 in most pants

and i bought a pair of new standards in size 28

but im afraid that they will be to big

i like my pants to fit tight/slim but not skin tight

Edited by ibm on Jun 2, 2006 at 01:28 PM

just got a pair of rescues sz30

i couldn't get a 29, but i should be okay i think.. i think one of the reasons why u guys have ur jeans stretch out so much is because u buy them too small to begin with, of course it's gonna stretch..

that being said 30 is a little looser, but i usually like that kind of fit, luckily the inseam was 34, so im thinking of not hemming them and just foldin em up wards.

the denim on them is awesome and im very happy with the fit through the thigh.

Quote: i just got in my apc new standards but they are to tight... i know the front will stretch to fit

but the butt just seems to small and i have a tiny butt

here are pictures

people who have had new standards

any comments

do you think these will stretch out to not be retarted in the butt

aswell get rid of that to tight crotch look?

ive never had a pair of pants look so bad on me

It looks a tad bit on the tight side to me. But believe it or not, it might work out just fine for you. They do stretch.