APC denim

Geowu

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got my APC rescues size 29. They fit perfect right now. In 6 months, how are they gonna fit when I wash them in hot?? Aren't they going to shrink by a lot? I know some people never wash them, so I can see how that would work. But isn't it the transformation wash that makes em special after 6 months or longer?

the wash in 6 months or more will take a lot of indigo out (especialli when compared to the raw-state) and make the jeans more light blue (I guess), especially on the creases. But if you wait enough that will happen anyway (maybe with less light-blue color), even if you don't wash them at all.

Just wanted to thank the fine folks in this thread for introducing me to APC jeans. I ordered them from their official site Sunday night, and received them on Thursday. VERY nice jeans! I got the New Standards in a 31. The actual measurements are:

Waist: 15 3/4"

Inseam: 35"

Total length: 43 1/2"

I generally wear a 32 waist, I'm 6'1" and 170 pounds. I found the fit to be a little looser than expected actually. Slim, but not quite as tight as I was expecting. I thought about going down to a 30 waist, but decided to keep these and order the Tight jeans off the site instead. I ordered both a 29 and 30 waist to cover myself, but both are on backorder. Even though the site says "in stock". A little FYI.

Whew! Not bad for my first post. I hope this helped!

The sizing is pretty rediculous. I went to the A.P.C. store on Mercer in NY to get mine since I figured I'd definitely get it wrong if I ordered online. I normally wear a 29 or 30 and I ended up with a 28 in the New Standards, almost a 27 though it was just a little too tight. That said, besides the sizing these are some nice-ass jeans, great quality, though I did forget to get them hemmed at the store, which sucks.

Quote:

im waiting on my pair...gettin 36 which i hope fits...i wear 35-36 in just about everything so hopefully these dont come out fitting lame

--- Original message by kixslf on Jul 18, 2005 11:17 AM

yo kixslf, what did you order? standards or rescues? if you ordered rescues, you should have gotten a 34 if you wanted it a little loose... maybe even a 33 for a just right fit.

Edited by PETEROCK1 on Jul 18, 2005 at 01:38 PM

Edited by PETEROCK1 on Jul 18, 2005 at 01:46 PM

Speaking of hemming. I already hemmed my Rescues (after washing once). Washing made them shrink about 1.5". Anybody know if they'll shrink a little more when/if I wash them again?

I hemmed them .5" longer just in case, but I sort of like the extra length now, so I want to keep it.

PS: My Rescues were like 37" (at least) long when I bought them. Yikes!

Yeah, the Inside Out jeans were on sale for a great price but they don't have anymore of my size in stock. I'm sure I would ruin a good many pairs of socks and boxers in those things... But they seam so sick!

This dude who works at Carve in Costa Mesa has a pair he brought back from Japan. After a little bit of break in those infamous denim "slubs" show up all over the thigh/knee/butt area.

I just want a pair... Seems like fun.

http://www.tragicbliss.com

the denim head may not approve, but my unwashed english were getting way to baggy.

threw them in the dryer inside out for 20mins this morn and they have come out nicely - actually almost fit properly again