Denim in Singapore

tweeds

agentbristow: do you already run a store, or are you planning to set one up? it's unlikely that the companies would be willing to deal with an individual without the B&M storefront. remember that these are not your average true religion "premium denim" companies.

also, i don't mean to be hostile, but how much -do- you know about japanese denim? i've never been very impressed with the QC (nor Actually) staff's knowledge about their denim, and i don't have a problem with that, because they're not a denim store, instead they're more of a general fashion boutique with an interest in jeans. your question about dry cleaning and the self edge store suggests that you should find out a bit more about these jeans that you're looking to bring in...

there's nothing actually wrong with dry cleaning--in fact i've dry cleaned my APCs once, but i don't trust the cleaners to do a good job of it--in theory it cleans your jeans without allowing them to come into contact with water, but we have little idea about the nature of the chemicals that they use on the fabric. if your jeans have been dyed well, washing them should not result in too much loss of indigo, which is what a dry clean aims to prevent.

again, apologies for the scepticism.

ahh.. here comes some professional advise.

agentbristow: please take TiP's advise into great consideration. cos i am really quite new to this game myself. not trying to carry balls or anthing but if anyone here knows best its most probably TiP.

yeah i second the sun/air method in preventing any undesirable smells.

everyday after i come home i will hang my jeans where there's good ventilation and on weekends where i laze around at home they are in the sun. its worked so far for my 3 months old jeans.

seems like febreeze is a very popular method.

will try it if my jeans start to stink.

best thing, its said to leave your jeans stiff! woo

sweetmofo: I do... I quite respect the guy... Thanks for all your feedback too...

Looks like everyone agrees. Febreeze is the way to go...

Hey guys, I've been lurking here for a really long time... decided to join in the discussion. Anyway need some help from you guys, can anyone recommend me a pair of slim (not tight), mid/low rise, raw selvage jeans that I can find locally?

I already have a pair of APC hipsters, so now I'm looking for something from another brand. Was thinking of the Dukes, but heard that they are pretty high-rise.

Hey guys, I've been lurking here for a really long time... decided to join in the discussion. Anyway need some help from you guys, can anyone recommend me a pair of slim (not tight), mid/low rise, raw selvage jeans that I can find locally?

I already have a pair of APC hipsters, so now I'm looking for something from another brand. Was thinking of the Dukes, but heard that they are pretty high-rise.

head to QC and take a look at the 5010XX. if that's not quite your thing, look for the 5507.

head to QC and take a look at the 5010XX. if that's not quite your thing, look for the 5507.

ok, this keeps coming back over and over again. so lets put it into perspective here. if you want nice slim raw selvage jeans in singapore, just day one day off from your busy schedule and spend the day heading up:

- Club 21 @ Hilton (dior)

- Queen's Couture @ Heeren (Skulls,Canes)

- Front row @ Ann Siang hill (APCs)

- Style Nordic @ Ann Siang hill (nudies, denimbirds - if ur female)

- The Lawn @ Katong (Imperials)

thats about the entire selection you have in singapore. you could very well check out the entire selection that singapore has to offer in one day, and make a good decision.

have fun!

ok, this keeps coming back over and over again. so lets put it into perspective here. if you want nice slim raw selvage jeans in singapore, just day one day off from your busy schedule and spend the day heading up:

thats about the entire selection you have in singapore. you could very well check out the entire selection that singapore has to offer in one day, and make a good decision.

have fun!

yeahhhh

you tell them plongin..

just that, you know club21 usually doesnt have any stock cept for those strange looking jeans.

+rep, but i cant give you anymore. : |

ok thats true, they aren't slim, but still something that's worth a look imo. who knows. he might change his mind about the slim part after checking out the canes. heh.

btw, we should compile an entire list of local places that sell the different types of denim, so it'd be easier for pple to locate em instead of posting asking and waiting for a reply.

yeahhhh

you tell them plongin..

just that, you know club21 usually doesnt have any stock cept for those strange looking jeans.

+rep, but i cant give you anymore. : |

oh i forgot to tell you....the strange looking ones are no longer there...and they brought in new diors last week. ; )

ok thats true, they aren't slim, but still something that's worth a look imo. who knows. he might change his mind about the slim part after checking out the canes. heh.

btw, we should compile an entire list of local places that sell the different types of denim, so it'd be easier for pple to locate em instead of posting asking and waiting for a reply.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=211730&postcount=1

have fun!

i'm not sure if you mean club21 has nice slim raw selvage dior jeans, but if you do, they don't and have never carried raw dior as far as i know.

they do not plan to bring it in also, word from one of the big guns there (i think)

the latest washed dior is the spider-distressed one. if my memory serves me right, it's 899.

i'm not sure if you mean club21 has nice slim raw selvage dior jeans, but if you do, they don't and have never carried raw dior as far as i know.

they do not plan to bring it in also, word from one of the big guns there (i think)

the latest washed dior is the spider-distressed one. if my memory serves me right, it's 899.

they did carry raw dior. raw, not selvage.

hey lek, where do u pick up those kick ass wallets?

hope everyone here has been in gd health and rockinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

cheers`

Sorry for the late reply dude, my modem was down ...... :(

Got my wildswan in Ueno, Tokyo. Bought my Redmoon off Rakuten/Earthmarket. Redmoon has 4 tatoo models at the moment, you might want to check them out. :)

http://www.rakuten.co.jp/earthmarket/463305/806394/

http://www.rakuten.co.jp/earthmarket/463305/807143/

Got some 'lobang' to buy things from Japan. If they're workable, I may just be able to hlep you guys pick some items ...... :cool:

er ..... not firm yet. Jeans? Of course man! I'm thinking of a S$30 - S$40 on top of the price of the item. That's all. If successful, you don't have to wait longer than VPJ. I'm betting on this advantage. I'm going to try it on myself first, then see if it's worth the trouble ...... :) Or, do you want to be my genea pig? :D

er ..... not firm yet. Jeans? Of course man! I'm thinking of a S$30 - S$40 on top of the price of the item. That's all. If successful, you don't have to wait longer than VPJ. I'm betting on this advantage. I'm going to try it on myself first, then see if it's worth the trouble ...... :) Or, do you want to be my genea pig? :D

$30 - $40 is brilliant man.

no way ! haha. i cant afford to lose a pair of jeans.

poor man here.

dont worry once its working i'll use your service.

$30 - $40 is brilliant man.

no way ! haha. i cant afford to lose a pair of jeans.

poor man here.

dont worry once its working i'll use your service.

yeap same here. $30-$40 fee is fine, I'll def go through you if your lobang is "stable"