Denim in Singapore

tweeds

actually, contrary to what you might believe, raw diors are not that popular in club21. don't think the sales lady was lying when she told me 'locals do not have much interest in raw denim'

and i don't feel they can bring in the full line-up cos not many people, except my friend, are willing to dish out 599 for a plain white L/S shirt with a tiny bee embroidered on the bottom right hand side.

they know that the gays who patronise their boutique won't be interested in plain shit like the raw dior denim.. they can't find homo sex in those jeans man.. they need flashier or far more fanciful stuff like maybe the waxed jeans? to attain their goals.. btw did you notice that most of the club21 patrons are gays? and ok i got this story to tell.. a couple of months back, i was wearing my patent hare pointy shoes to club21, man there was this gay (he was wearing swear) staring at my shoes so damn fuckin hard that I think he gonna blow me any moment.. haha..

HI!

I said this before. Many of Club 21's prices are OK during sale time when I compared to say Hong Kong. I am not sure their mark up is way over the top. What were they charging for the Dior Homme jeans?

As for who can carry Dior Homme, think the main Dior Homme can come over if the market is good. Failing which it would be those bigger companies who can do so.

whats QFT?

Other luxury brand mark-ups are very reasonable. say LV, gucci, etc thats why japanese and indons prefer shopping branded in sg. when it comes to club21, trust me their mark-up is not any normal mark-up. and i seriously doubt if DH would come to sg cos the market here is not even worth mentioning when u compare us and hk. so too bad for the small group of people who are into DH. or choose to be ripped by 21 ; )

i just saw a skinny guy wearing a grey crewneck and skinny jeans. is that you submerged? the stock for apc taking ages man, anyone been to front row lately? do they have the small sizes?

with a black military cap and black oversized specs?

btw I find that the apc new cure stretches alot more faster than the NS.. when i first had them, they were tight (kinda bruising my hips) but managed to button everything up. After only 2 wears, i can now pull them all the way down with everything buttoned with no effort.. damn these stretch monsters.. also they look pretty good when you wear them low (trying to do the dior slouch, haha) since they are low rise..

Still contemplating for the indigo...

Shameless Plug:

The Imperial Dukes 28s and 29s are in store now.

I brought in only 3 pairs of black and 3 pairs of indigo dukes in W28 , and same for W29 though. so wanna get better get before its gone. Can't hold stock for anyone, ya? :wink:

Cheers

Damien

The Lawn

just saw some Nobody selvage jeans in Tangs... 2hundred plus after discount... but is it me or is the denim abit thin and too soft (i.e going to have a hole soon kinf of feeling) ar?

I actually quite like their stuff.

I remember almost picking up a pair on sale at tangs a couple of years ago for 150...but I didnt feel like it was worth it somehow. yeah the denim is very light, felt like I was wearing pants. but the main reason why I ended up not getting them was that I remember them being very baggy. (this coming from a guy who used to wear somewhat baggy stuff)

prices during sales are another story. sales are usually unwanted or oversized stuffs. then again for people who can afford branded goods, they wont really care about mark-ups. whats a hundred or two. 500 or 600 its still below 1000. if only i can shop like that hahas

I dont really agree. I can still get some nice stuff during sales.

But the pickings in Singapore sales are bad because the real expensive and nice boutiques like Club 21 dont really bring in many pieces of the same item (maybe 1 piece for each size. 2 for the more common size) so it would be gone by sale time. They explain it as being 'exclusive'.

But if I were them and I could make money off it, I would bring more. In Hong Kong, the pickings are much much better.

feel like getting a new pair of raws just to fuck up... im looking at apc ns and the slim jims....what do you reckon? whats the price difference, anyone know?

a suggestion for jeans to fuck up, go play with the april77s. might be able to get them for under SGD200 if they're secondhand, and 199 if you look at queen's couture.

a suggestion for jeans to fuck up, go play with the april77s. might be able to get them for under SGD200 if they're secondhand, and 199 if you look at queen's couture.

True, but I reckon they'd be a taaaad bit too slim for me. I dont think I can pull off anything below an 18cm hem..

ehh...they sell swear at tangs and blackjack.....and the white room (plus some other shop in far east) carries this brand called furmuse, which is a line of pointy shoes...

hi all. first post here. for those who are willing to splurge, club21 men's now stocks pierre hardy. http://www.pierrehardy.com/collection/men/index.html

-