Denim in Singapore

tweeds

At the moment, I will avoid LV, Gucci, Prada and the likes. :) (Not that they are bad, don't get me wrong)

Saw Red Moon at Take5 in Honk Kong, they're pretty tasty! For all round daily use (office and off-work), I prefer Wild Swans, but my Wings are probably the cheapest ..... :(

Red moon is pretty cool....... I have their key pouch, card holder and a portable ashtray...... goes really nicely with ur jeans.... their wallets are huge though so if you are into really skinny jeans, i doubt that it will suit you........

Try to get their stuff in raw leather it ages beautifully.... kind of like how the leather on LVs look after awhile

The lady at Take5 showed me an article from a magazine about a RM (short wallet) in natural leather used for 10 years (or so she said). The aging and colour, my bros, are fucking beautiful! :eek:

Yeah, RM goes huge, aren't they? :)

xviralx, Ueno is a place in Tokyo.

If you want to buy jeans, Ueno's the place to go. But I don't think Skull, PBJ and 45rpm have stores there (I could be wrong).

I was there for only 4 hours, and I didn't target the jeans, but Ameyoko (Ueno) has a lot of jeans and leather shops.

Hinoya (http://www.rakuten.ne.jp/gold/hinoya/hinoya.html) has 3 stores there, Beaver is next to Hinoya main store.

Americaya (http://www.rakuten.ne.jp/gold/americaya/) sells SDA, Samurai, TFH, Evisu, Denime etc.

There is a section selling fish and other raw stuff. Albuquerque is inside a building on the ground floor. I found it purely by chance, so pardon me for my vague description. (http://www.goodleather.co.jp/index.html)

While in Tokyo, please check out my new favourite label - UNIQLO !!!! Cheap, and good quality. The products are MIC, but from what I observed, all the MIC products I saw (Uniqlo and others) in Tokyo made those found elsewhere in Asia pale by comparison .....

yup........ uniqlo is cheap and the stuff are pretty decent for the price........ uniqlo has set up shop in hongkong as well.......... but selection wise, Japan definately has more stuff...... uniqlo is like giordano here in Singapore meaning, they are every where......... quality wise uniqlo wins hands down thats for sure....

my 2 cents worth............

Captmomo....... y not take a look at Paul Smith Wallets..... they have very interesting designs like classic mini pints, naked lady, soccer ball etc...........

heyo pple... juz joined dis forum and find it a superb place fer all things denim!!! :) realli opened mi eyes to find so many denim addicts (in a good way!!! :) ) here!!! a newbie here so realli more more point call (duo duo zhi jiao) :P

No, i haven't tried straight from samurai.com. I bought mine from rakuten.

Dude, a lot of work has gone into making the Samurai (Sorahiko, XX-003, Sugarcanes, Skulls ....). IMO, you won't go wrong saving your quids and invest in a pair. Seriously, there's not much good stuff in Sg worth paying for. Good things don't come cheap, especially when you realised the amount of love, sweat and attitude that went into delivering a pair into your hands ...... Hype shits don't count.

No, i haven't tried straight from samurai.com. I bought mine from rakuten.

Dude, a lot of work has gone into making the Samurai (Sorahiko, XX-003, Sugarcanes, Skulls ....). IMO, you won't go wrong saving your quids and invest in a pair. Seriously, there's not much good stuff in Sg worth paying for. Good things don't come cheap, especially when you realised the amount of love, sweat and attitude that went into delivering a pair into your hands ...... Hype shits don't count.

yeah man i know the good stuff dont come cheap.

i am just trying to cut middleman & shipping costs, etc.

i am going crazy over the S0500XX.

total cost would be around 350 SGD for that to be shipped here.

how much did u pay for your sammies?

oh yeah... neway... have a question dat mi feel will b adequately answered by u guys... there's a place called dave n dane selling jeans and stuff... tinks dey have 3 outlets... anyone heard of it?

First time I heard of Dave and Dane was from a flyer outside Peace Centre (I think... the one along Selegie Road). I wanted to check out what vintage stuff they had but I'd forgotten about it. I then saw a promo for their shop in Juice. That sparked my interest again, but I was attempting to sort out my wardrobe at the time and so it slipped to the back of my mind. I actually came across a Dave and Dane outlet almost completely by accident when going to the restroom at the second floor of Peninsular Plaza.

And the conclusion of this completely pointless story?

Dave and Dane? Not worth it. They sell a lot of fake stuff, and not even particularly good fakes either (Fake BAPE, N(N), Levis, Supreme, Levis, etc). Probably better off going to House of Japan.

You're not going to find any cheapmuthafukr bargains at D&D.

First time I heard of Dave and Dane was from a flyer outside Peace Centre (I think... the one along Selegie Road). I wanted to check out what vintage stuff they had but I'd forgotten about it. I then saw a promo for their shop in Juice. That sparked my interest again, but I was attempting to sort out my wardrobe at the time and so it slipped to the back of my mind. I actually came across a Dave and Dane outlet almost completely by accident when going to the restroom at the second floor of Peninsular Plaza.

Dave and Dane? Not worth it. They sell a lot of fake stuff, and not even particularly good fakes either (Fake BAPE, N(N), Levis, Supreme, Levis, etc). Probably better off going to House of Japan.

haha someone actually set up a shop selling knock off clothing here in Singapore????

cool....so are the folks who man the place, like those running the neighbourhood pirated dvd/vcd/software????........ blonde hair and the workz???

haha someone actually set up a shop selling knock off clothing here in Singapore????

cool....so are the folks who man the place, like those running the neighbourhood pirated dvd/vcd/software????........ blonde hair and the workz???

No lah. They're the uncle types. I doubt they know or care whether or not their goods are real.

And there are plenty of shops selling knock off clothing in Singapore. The Double Seven chain of stores, for example. And there's a really long thread dedicated to a shop at Bugis selling fake Japanese hypebeasty stuff (and trying to pass it off as originals) over at Frontal.

dat's wat mi tot so oso... but since it's my 1st few tyms posting, have to b 'politically correct' u c... :P hahahha... neway, dey provided their hp no and email somemore... so mi did sms dem and asked dem straight about the authencity of their clothes but no reply... but mi held on to the hope dat they r legit... hehee... oh well, thank God fer superfuture!!! :) saved mi the trouble of sifting thru their stuff... :D

Ha ha come to think of it, is has been a long time since i step into pennisula plaza and paradise centre..... so am i missing anything in those malls??

By the way, any new shops in town offering stuff worth mentioning??

I think crappy bape has set up a shop in far east plaza..... I was in a rush so I didnt really pay much attention to it .........not that i really cared though hee hee

dat's wat mi tot so oso... but since it's my 1st few tyms posting, have to b 'politically correct' u c... :P hahahha... neway, dey provided their hp no and email somemore... so mi did sms dem and asked dem straight about the authencity of their clothes but no reply... but mi held on to the hope dat they r legit... hehee... oh well, thank God fer superfuture!!! :) saved mi the trouble of sifting thru their stuff... :D

dudes, pardon me for this, but superfuture is used by earthlings all round the world, please spell properly.

Isua..... there is a mark up of price at take five.......

and the yen is now at 80 to 1 sing dollar so I guess buying off Rakuten would definately be a good deal.....

S0500XX at sing $470 at Take5 or Sing $350 inclusive of vpost charges from Rakuten.

That is a difference of 100 plus..... You can add a little and probably pick up a pair SC 41947 of rakuten as well.....

also, if you buy from the right rakuten stores, you can skip the vpost step. some will do international mail orders. you could probably ask someone who speaks japanese to help you compose an email inquiry to check with various stores about their shipping. :)

japanese stores are VERY obliging, and i'm all for lowered prices for jeans...the more the merrier.