Denim in Singapore

tweeds

let's try and keep the levi's sentiments to one thread...

isua - one of the mainstays of superdenim is japanese jeans, these are jeans that pay homage to the cuts and detailing of the vintage levi's, hence their use of the traditional accents. calling them pseudo-levi's is probably doing them a disservice as they far outstrip most levi's jeans in terms of quality of production and respect for heritage. of course, there are some who aren't really fans of the stitching and all and will remove these levi's-esque details but still continue to buy these well-made jeans.

i have tried dr john before. both my friend and i agree that he has a little bit of arrogance.. but he's quite funny and takes great pride in his work.. he gives me the assurance that my denim/clothing is in good hands.

and yes, he does alteration for shirts.. by shirts do you mean collared ones? that i'm not sure, but he does tee shirts.. cost me about 12 IIRC to shorten.

i feel that levis are quite overpriced, but at 1/2 - 1/3 the price of the denim we're talking about here, it's pretty good.. that's not to say i don't like levis now though lol

Verdict's out:

Collected my stuff from Dr John (aka Needle Boutique). For the amount of time that he took for the job, I must say I'm not too impressed with the job. I asked to keep the original hem on my jeans. Cost me 10 bucks. Upon inspection, the hem-line is crooked. I may be anal about this but I feel that the workmanship can be better. Afterall, its like 2.5 freaking days for the fix-it. Orchard is not exactly along the way too. Next time, I will give Ted a go.

Verdict's out:

Collected my stuff from Dr John (aka Needle Boutique). For the amount of time that he took for the job, I must say I'm not too impressed with the job. I asked to keep the original hem on my jeans. Cost me 10 bucks. Upon inspection, the hem-line is crooked. I may be anal about this but I feel that the workmanship can be better. Afterall, its like 2.5 freaking days for the fix-it. Orchard is not exactly along the way too. Next time, I will give Ted a go.

crooked hem-line?

no way i'm entrusting my jeans to that shop.

do you guys own any A.P.C new cure? I need a reference to how much they stretch and how much i should size down. btw, i've a 76cm waist.

why dont u head over to front row @ ann siang, give the new cures a try? the best fit wld be trying a pair which u can only button 2 from below. u sld be most prolly able to button the rest when it finish expanding

or the best is to consult the lady owner there, she'll be more then glad to help

Hi fellas,

I am thinking of ordering a pair of SD 103 off rakuten and is wondering if size W34 would fit??? I am currently working on a pair of sammies s0500xx in size W34.

Does anyone have any idea? thanks for th help in advance.........

I still think heavy denim are not meant for our climate......... it makes your butt crack perspire like crazy.......... but what the heck........... @#$% it sure beats evils*

Hi fellas,

I am thinking of ordering a pair of SD 103 off rakuten and is wondering if size W34 would fit??? I am currently working on a pair of sammies s0500xx in size W34.

Does anyone have any idea? thanks for th help in advance.........

I still think heavy denim are not meant for our climate......... it makes your butt crack perspire like crazy.......... but what the heck........... @#$% it sure beats evils*

use the measurements from the SDA website - http://www.dartisan.co.jp/size.html#SD-103

it'll be safe to go one size down imo, if u want to retain a slightly snug fit after the denim expands.

i don't really see how "heavy denim are not meant for our climate", though. consider the environment construction/metal workers worked in during the past, they probably feel the heat worse than we do.

thanks defiance....... the chart on Bears is screwed..... @#$%

Back to the subject of butt crack............even when lazing ard, the boxers will stick to the skin due to persperation............... does anyone else face the same irritation??? Maybe i perspire too much..........

This brings to mind the BMT hit "underwear wet wet, dun believe? come and check"....... @#$%............

hi skcusdog,

I'm a size 34 like you and i have a sz33 103. It fits great...i'm wearing it unwashed. But be warned... you will be literally wearing a piece of cardboard.

And yes...its real oven when you have those on. Everywhere is.....moist and squishy....but hey, thats the fun of it :)

Thanks K3mistry.... ermmm fun??

suffering for some cult shit here.......... fashion victims???......:D

wondering if there is anyone here rocking a pair of 21oz in this sweltering heat???.........

would like to hear some thoughts hee hee

it kills loads of tadpoles* i guess...... which might explain the low birth rate for the past couple of years...... assuming that these denim are really that popular??........ well maybe not...... just my thoughts

i think if there's anyone who might have a pair of 21oz. denim, it would have to be lek - that guy has something like fifteen pairs (?)

has anyone seen a pair of well-worn jeans worn by someone local? i think it's near-impossible considering our climate...i tried my best with my APCs.

i think if there's anyone who might have a pair of 21oz. denim, it would have to be lek - that guy has something like fifteen pairs (?)

has anyone seen a pair of well-worn jeans worn by someone local? i think it's near-impossible considering our climate...i tried my best with my APCs.

tweedles, you're in army right? time spend on your apcs would not be long enough i guess.. wear apcs to run 2.4, that might do the trick. anyone tried that before?

haha yeah...i imagine someone working at a place where he could wear jeans more often would do better than me. :)

think i've done decently despite the army though

have you guys actually seen superfuture jeans about town? only things i've seen are nudies (they're everywhere), and a pair of dior.

well the reason why the nudies are everywhere could be attributed to the fact that there is a brick and mortar store here on this island that actually carries em..

they are a great pair of jeans though.. gonna wear them hard now till at least when the 20s imperials do come in?

then will have a choice of black and blue:D