Denim in Singapore

tweeds

• 3 weeks later...

hey

patience,

whats ur denim count now?

after going through a superfuture fuel-ed denim binge, i realised that all you really need is 2 pairs of decent denim. and once u break em in, and they fit perfect, you're gonna regret having so many pairs of deadstock denim lying abt :l

trust me!!

hey

patience,

whats ur denim count now?

after going through a superfuture fuel-ed denim binge, i realised that all you really need is 2 pairs of decent denim. and once u break em in, and they fit perfect, you're gonna regret having so many pairs of deadstock denim lying abt :l

trust me!!

4 I think. But nothing special, certainly nothing I'd impress anybody on either SF with. A couple of Levis from their Square Cut range, Gap 1969s (closest thing I have to Japanese selvage) and a dark slim fit pair from Zara.

Superfuture keeps tempting me to invest in a pair of better jeans, and while I can definitely afford it, I just left my job and thoughts of buying New Standards, Sugarcanes, Skulls, etc probably aren't the best thing right now.

the LVCs in singapore run from 400 and up i think. the '47, if i'm not wrong, goes for $399.

patience - i think if you wanted to start with one, you should head for the APC, if for nothing else then because it's less expensive. and yes, you can do much more with just a few pairs of jeans (i only have my new standards, eternal 811s and possibly a pair of skulls), break them in, before considering any other additions.

how much do the lvc 47's cost in sg? wouldn't mind going up to kl to get a pair if it really is 50% cheaper.

Take it this way. If it's SGD$400-$500 here, it's going to cost RM$400-$500 in KL.

Thanks for the advice everybody. TIP, mostly I've been worried about the notorious sizing on the APCs. Do they really stretch out that much?

will be reaching me in like 4 more days? jus got them.. will let u know when it came.. yep =) mine is jap 19cm

i've got them, Sub, the hem area is tight, and everything is tight. not skin tight, but tight. hows urs doing? it shld be tight on the hem area. it measures exactly 19cm.that the length really good. its long and neat.

2 sizes are a safe bet (for a close fit). it's much easier to estimate the stretch nowdays; early 2006 and late 2005 APC sizing was even less uniform than it is now. why not go down to front row and try them on?

yeah he's totally right try them on!

for nudie or apc raw, jus get the exact size tt u can bearly manage to button them. (if u can try them on). if not, i think 1 size smaller than your usual size will be fine.

edmond - no, he means that he's not sure, and that some people might feel that the skulls are more worthwhile. i personally disagree, but either way there's no "rather" about it.

patience - as mentioned i'm not sure that's at all true, since that little extra, depending on where you purchase the skulls, could be anything from 20 to 70 bucks. from my point of view the APC are great value for money as they are, and front row is a lovely place to shop, so why not?

oh got it... btw imo id rather get like an apc for everyday use and maybe skulls for a weekend .. but what can you guys say about apc's? is it worth getting a pair?

Our esteemed moderator certainly thinks so.

I guess it wouldn't hurt to make the trip down to Front Row to try the APC (the new stock is already in right?) and then to Heeren to try the Skulls as well.

hey,

just wondering.

what got you fellars started?

anyway, regarding SKULLS vs NS, i reckon its like comparing apples and oranges.

you got to try both to find out which one fits better.

construction and material wise, skulls win hands down.

but for me, i preferred the fit of NS/slim jims over these, as the cut of the skulls looked too girly on me.

hey,

just wondering.

what got you fellars started?

anyway, regarding SKULLS vs NS, i reckon its like comparing apples and oranges.

you got to try both to find out which one fits better.

construction and material wise, skulls win hands down.

but for me, i preferred the fit of NS/slim jims over these, as the cut of the skulls looked too girly on me.

heh.. ive been looking for a pair of jeans with nice washes for quite awhile. bought a pair of energies which i like, and then i got to know about superfuture, and raw denim. i decided that it'll be better if i get my denim done my style, so a pair of rrds is was for me. recently, i got a pair of sjdjs, and am selling away my rrds.

thanks