Costco

Swych

Its a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If, for some reason, you aren't satisfied...

Though, don't use it as your personal renting service. I'm sure if people abuse then we'll end up paying for it eventually, whether it be through increased fees are modified policies (i.e. how they changed their computer policy).

costco is the best place to go to buy designer glasses for cheap

i got some beautiful dolce and gabanna glasses for 100 (not counting lenses)

thankfully costco is amazing enough to make all designer glasses 120 off

so i basically got them for free, only had to pay for lenses

and its not just generic glasses there either, i saw some really creative burberry/d/g/armani ones with some unique designs.

Yeah, I worked there. They have the six month computer return thing, but everything else is game I am pretty sure. Doesn't mean they won't bitch at you though. Costco can be pretty rough on their customers. The return people have to write a reason for a return, and one time this one dude put "smells like burning flesh" to see if anyone read them. They do, lol. But yea, return whatever. If they don't take it, call their corporate office.

i used to work at sam's club in high school... unless things have changed,their return policy was 60 days except on electronics. then there was a whole bit with open boxes vs unopened merch.

It may have changed recently. See: http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?catg=6104

"At SAM’S CLUB, Member Satisfaction is 100% guaranteed both on merchandise and Memberships. Our policy is to refund our Member’s purchases in full with a receipt and without a receipt we will refund in full with a SAM’S CLUB Shopping Card."

wait.so you can buy an ipod, and return it when a new one comes out?

I was more interested in returning it when it broke or when the battery life went to shit, but yeah.

BTW, I'm pretty sure they track returns (chain wide, not just at a specific store). So using the policy too much may be a good way to get ur membership terminated.

so if i bought a giant flat screen tv tomorrow... used it for the rest of the school year... i can just bring it back? i guess i need he box n stuff too. what if its obviously been used?

in Canada, the 100% satisfied or get your money back policy only last a month so it might be harder to crook them than in the states. but they'll usually take anything back. back when dvd burner were expensive, i use to 'borrow' them all the time. burn some dvds and then bring it back

my friend had the best plan though. he would buy broken stuff on ebay, then go buy the exact same article at future shop (like best buy) and then return the things he bought on ebay saying it was broken. he got so much really nice things (tv, camera, video camera, ipod etc) for like a couple bucks like this.

i used to work at sam's club in high school... unless things have changed,their return policy was 60 days except on electronics. then there was a whole bit with open boxes vs unopened merch.

i jsut got fired after 3 years this past summer and things definately changed. it's a 100% satisfaction lifetime gaurantee on everything except computers which have either 60 or 90 days, i can't remember which. We had a guy bring back a 9 year old mattress because it was lumpy and we gave him a brand new one and some other guy brought back a TV his son had thrown a baseball through and we gave him his money back. basically all you have to do is say you're not satisfied and if they bitch tell them to call a manager and if the manager bitches tell them to call the General manager (who they never call the first time) and i can gaurantee he'll bend over backwards to make you happy... place fucking sucks so much, i was never happier to get fired

oh yeah make sure you keep your reciept or they might try to give you the last selling price... if you have the reciept you're golden

It is open to abuse of course. Would you feel alright abusing the policy? I just want to know where people stand on this. And I dont want to hear 'its the retailers fault' or 'they are stupid for having the policy' because in the end the consumers ends up paying that difference anyway. I read that costco loses 500 million a year due to D&D and Returns to Vendor that are not reimbursed. Thats half a billion dollars! I guess membership fees have a purpose.

fuck em. im about to begin a new page of my life.

I read that costco loses 500 million a year due to D&D and Returns to Vendor that are not reimbursed. Thats half a billion dollars! I guess membership fees have a purpose.

this is one of the most retarded policies I have ever heard of and this proves it.. I absolutely cannot think of a positive effect it would have, what, customers are more happy to buy stuff there? probably not and I'm sure they'd be just as happy with a 6 month return policy, and still, I don't believe its worth as much as its costing them.

just doesn't go in my head, by their own choice they loose fucking 500 million a year? ridicilous..

i didn't realize sam's had changed it. makes sense with their intense competition with costco. at home, they just built a costco about 500 yards from the older sams club and the sams went through massive rennovation.

costco usually has nicer stuff anyway.