Book Recommendations

thelion1856

what books do u recommend superfuturians to read?

right now i got these and recommend them to yall....

1573222976.01._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-dp-500-arrow,TopRight,45,-64_AA240_SH20_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Suze Orman "The Money Book For the Young Fabulous & Broke.

1579122744.01._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-dp-500-arrow,TopRight,45,-64_AA240_SH20_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Sharon Rose & Neil Schlager "How Things Are Made" (cover is made of actual denim!)

1591840783.01._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-dp-500-arrow,TopRight,45,-64_AA240_SH20_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Alex Wipperfurth "Brand Hijack (Marketing Without Marketing)" (book about how brands market without any real form of marketing and how to get your label to be a standout without making it look to mainstream!)

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Denim- From Cowboys to Catwalks- Graham Marsh and Paul Trynka

great history of denim, very readable and interesting and written by someone on SF!

The Stranger- Albert Camus

Just because it's one of the best books of all time, and definitely makes you think about the materialistic lifestyle that so many of us SF'ers enjoy

Guest Fade to Black

THE ALCHEMIST.

I don't know man...but if at some point in your life (maybe now) you are/were fuckin lost like i was. READ THIS SHIT. It changed my whole perspective....i went from Todd Bridges to Bill Cosby after readin that shit.

Oh yeah, "Good Luck" is a short, simple but very effective book as well.

Suze Orman really scares me.

i enjoyed john maeda's other books far more than simplicty. trying to make up laws never works. meada @ media is really good (i am such a sucker for the page edge printed flip book gimmick)

http://www.amazon.com/Maeda-Media-John/dp/0789305259/sr=1-2/qid=1160272440/ref=pd_bbs_2/104-1375618-5526331?ie=UTF8&s=books

i can never recommend calvin and hobbes enough.

at the moment im reading after the quake by Haruki Marukami, a great bunch of short stories...I just finished reading Enduring Cuba by Zoe Bran, a great read as I'm going to spend 3-4 months in cuba very soon. I can recommend both books. Also, my most favourite book at the moment is Martin Eden by Jack London, a great read! P.S- Confessions of an Economic Hit Man by John Perkins is very insightful.

what did everyone read last, currently reading and about to read?

im currently reading 0679722408.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

and just finished :

Stranger in a strange land and Band of Brothers

reading next:

probably 100 years of solitude

maybe running with scissors

maybe pillars of the earth

i can read mass amounts over the summer and on vacation but while im in school i can never find the time or energy,

but after reading this thread i am filled with a new sense of inspiration.

• 2 months later...