Book Recommendations

thelion1856

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm rather fond of Anna Karenina myself, I would even go as far as say that it surpasses Love and War in sheer power, probably due to the transgressive nature of the story.

I recently read Crusades through Arab eyes by Amin Maalouf, which is quite an engrossing read; I would say the same about Samarkand, another Maalouf novel.

http://www.amazon.com/Crusades-Through-Arab-Eyes-Maalouf/dp/0805208984/sr=8-2/qid=1170548196/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2/105-7986790-9619612?ie=UTF8&s=books

Current reads:

Theory of religion by George Bataille

Couple of poems by Saint John Perse

I’ll ad a novel somewhere along the line or I’ll go crazy alternating philosophy and poetry

I’m also a big fan of Japanese girl comics with a high cheese content like Hana Yori Dango, Nana and Hanazakari no Kimitachi e

i like her a lot. i had read parts of slouching in high school and when the times magazine reprinted part of magical thinking i went out and bought it the day it came out and had read the other two a couple weeks after that. she's just a really good observer, has a nice voice, just really sharp.

Guest Goose25

I've been living in France for nearly 2 years now - when I first came to Europe I was overwhelmed by the beggars and homeless.

Since I read Rohinton Mistry's 'A fine balance' I think differently, no less compassionate but aware that some situations are used to one's advantage.

0571179363.jpg

intereseting recommendations.

who felt that fight club the book sucked because of watching the film first?

im going to try find "fear and loathing" when i have time, i enjoyed the movie.

has anyone read "kingdom of fear" by hunter s thompson?

intereseting recommendations.

who felt that fight club the book sucked because of watching the film first?

im going to try find "fear and loathing" when i have time, i enjoyed the movie.

has anyone read "kingdom of fear" by hunter s thompson?

i will agree with you partially on the fight club comment. the ending of the film is much better than the book, but i still think that the book is incredible.

• 2 weeks later...